The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Where do you draw the line with that? Could the Nexus have won the titles and had a different pairing defend them every month? Trigger's broom comes to mind.

The Spirit Squad held the titles as a 5-man interchangeable group. I think that's the most that's ever been done.

Edited by Statto

Is there any chance at all of Ax and Smash making an appearance tonight?

and do what? Congratulate The New Day for beating their record as tag champs come midnight.

To try and stop it from happening, obviously.

Yeah but that would've resulted in Demolition having to get back into the ring to allow New Day to get revenge.  Was never going to happen was it?

Yeah but that would've resulted in Demolition having to get back into the ring to allow New Day to get revenge.

Only if they were successful, which I wasn't suggesting. If they'd tried and failed, then it would've been a brief comedy spot, passing the torch with a bit of lighthearted nostalgia. In the end a different direction was taken, which I'm completely fine with. Just thought it was one possibility, that's all.

Demolition're in the big concussion lawsuit, that's probably the only the reason New Day still have the belts. I think they should hold them until Mania really or at least the Rumble given the big deal it should be but I wouldn't be too surprised if Cesaro & Sheamus just beat them tonight at the earliest opportunity now they've done it. Them being glued to the belts has clearly hurt the division though, it's obviously hurt Anderson & Gallows, it's made this promising Cesaro & Sheamus thing start to lose steam and they're having to come up with all sorts of ideas to give Enzo something to do.

• Paid Members

What a marvellous cock-up by Foley in that car crash of an opening segment.

"Right here ... in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania"

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

They were in Ohio.

Strowman is great on this show. Throwing Sin Cara off the stage into a Christmas tree and presents is a great thing to do. I love how much Neville looks like a mini Strowman too.

The Enzo "Sensitivity training" fell a bit flat but it's good to see anything a bit different. It was Jinder Mahal's best work ever anyway.

Noam Dar has the perfect accent to be a creepy stalker. Well cast.

The matches on the show were all good but the promos are overly long, over-produced and lets be fair, fucking boring. Jericho & Owens - dull. Bayley & Charlotte - dull. Nia Jax droning - dull. Every tag team on the roster blatantly setting up a big tag - dull. They need to sort this out, it's killing them. They've got some good promos but the well rehearsed style stifles it.

Enzo's got the potential obviously and keeps me amused but his quiet, murmuring-to-himself style doesn't gel well with the over-the-top, flat and dull dialogue from everyone else around him.

Great stuff from Strowman, I was worried he was going to trip over a Christmas present and make a fool out of himself, thankfully not. Was that the first time Foley's got the city wrong? That's some run if so! I thought they were going to keep Jericho up there for ages at first - having him stuck up there for at least the first match would have been funny, so disappointed to see him rescued almost immediately.

I switched off before the main event, had no interest at all in seeing those four face off again...

• Paid Members

I thought they were going to keep Jericho up there for ages at first - having him stuck up there for at least the first match would have been funny, so disappointed to see him rescued almost immediately.

I thought that too. Very disappointed that he was down by the end of the ads. I only didn't complain because this was the first outing on a long road to the Rumble so they still might do that. Massive mistake if they don't.

I thought they were going to keep Jericho up there for ages at first - having him stuck up there for at least the first match would have been funny, so disappointed to see him rescued almost immediately.

Me too. I'd was thinking they were going to have him stuck up there for most of the show while Owens frantically tries to find the key backstage only to release him near the main event and have him so traumatised he was no help at all to Owens.

Am liking Dar's sleazy letch gimmick. Interested to see where they go with it. Hopefully they have Alicia dump Cedric for Dar only for him to ditch her after he's had his way with her and move on to, like, Summer Rae or somebody.

Loving Neville's aggression and hopefully he will flourish as a heel.

• Paid Members

Me too. I'd was thinking they were going to have him stuck up there for most of the show while Owens frantically tries to find the key backstage only to release him near the main event and have him so traumatised he was no help at all to Owens.

Am liking Dar's sleazy letch gimmick. Interested to see where they go with it. Hopefully they have Alicia dump Cedric for Dar only for him to ditch her after he's had his way with her and move on to, like, Summer Rae or somebody.

Loving Neville's aggression and hopefully he will flourish as a heel.

I know that you were suggesting this as an illustrative example, rather than specifically suggesting Summer, but those two together would be a terrible aesthetic choice, given she's about two feet taller than him. 

I know that you were suggesting this as an illustrative example, rather than specifically suggesting Summer, but those two together would be a terrible aesthetic choice, given she's about two feet taller than him. 

So is Alicia Fox though. Maybe they can book him as a sleazy guy with a penchant for taller women or something.

Edited by DJM

Fair play for the Noam Dar turn, he makes me feel itchy and like I wouldn't trust him to watch my kids, so mission accomplished I guess. Frankly anything that stops him doing Liam Gallagher Karaoke is fine by me. Really enjoyed Neville also, however I'd like to see him smash a few people in job matches before interacting with the top guys, maybe get over some new heelish moves and tactics.

Aside from the cruiserweight stuff and Braun I thought the show was an abomination.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

pretty good episode that, although echo the disappointment that Jericho wasn't up in that cage longer, the cruiserweight stuff was all good although I was sure Dar and Alexander were out there to be Strowman'd at first given the timing. Neville's promo had me gobsmacked, where's that come from? again, really good stuff from him and he can turn a corner in a big way from. 

some fun matches in the show, even Roman started to feel a bit over at points but i'm sure it'll only be temporary. and Strowman rules, I could watch him chuck things around all day. He suplexes a christmas tree!

Edited by sj5522

Think I would have been tempted to turn Sasha last night. Similar set up bit have Bailey come out and Sasha turn on her.

A short fued with Sasha would give Bayley some momentum leading up to Mania with Charlotte.

Sasha strikes me as a better heel anyway.

Only problem is what filler you could give Charlotte.

Bayley vs Charlotte has to be the money match at Mania.