The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

I thought Kofi smashed his head when Gallows threw him at the ring steps as well, looked like he caught the middle step bad. The end of the match made New Day look great, I thought. They looked like warriors after a hard-fought victory.

Strange show. For the first time in ages, I felt as compelled to skip much of the promos as I did the matches.

I like the odd couple team of Sheamus and Cesaro because they're both fair useless as singles and they could be a decent team. Sheamus is a charismatic old bastard when he wants to be, and Cesaro's wooden man oddness works better in a team. There was a part in the squash match that I found unsettling though, where Cesaro was letting the jobbers do moves on his bad arm but not selling them at all. What was the point of it?

I love Rich Swann's kick.

Edited by King Pitcos

There was a part in the squash match that I found unsettling though, where Cesaro was letting the jobbers do moves on his bad arm but not selling them at all. What was the point of it?

Jobbers suck at offense?

• Paid Members

I thought Kofi smashed his head when Gallows threw him at the ring steps as well, looked like he caught the middle step bad.

You might be right. When he dived to break up the pin though, there wasn't a mark on him. Right after, there was blood on the mat. I thought he'd done it there.

• Paid Members

I like the whole reasoning behind Sheamus & Cesaro's team, but if they win the tag belts after all those times Gallows & Anderson have failed to do so I'll be more than a bit displeased. I figured they were going to get the belts on "The Club" then send Cesaro & Sheamus after them for a bit of a change and some incredibly interesting matches.

I was also wondering whether anybody else feels like the women's division on Smackdown is doing just as much to regress women's wrestling in WWE as the division on Raw is doing to advance it? Becky Lynch aside last week it felt like a few minutes of filler ahead of the main event, and this week Naomi & Nikki come to the ring to the little factoids about the new series of Total Divas/Bellas then go five minutes in a tag match, three minutes of which was a commercia break. You have to feel bad for Becky Lynch at this point, unless they're going to stick Paige over on the blue brand as well. I guess the proof of the pudding will be how Becky Vs Alexa Bliss goes at No Mercy.

• Paid Members

Are they actually changing the ropes for the Cruiserweight matches and then changing them back for the rest of the show?

Yeah, I cant see that lasting long.

Surely it's coverings in the ropes?

I was also wondering whether anybody else feels like the women's division on Smackdown is doing just as much to regress women's wrestling in WWE as the division on Raw is doing to advance it? Becky Lynch aside last week it felt like a few minutes of filler ahead of the main event, and this week Naomi & Nikki come to the ring to the little factoids about the new series of Total Divas/Bellas then go five minutes in a tag match, three minutes of which was a commercia break. You have to feel bad for Becky Lynch at this point, unless they're going to stick Paige over on the blue brand as well. I guess the proof of the pudding will be how Becky Vs Alexa Bliss goes at No Mercy.

I think it's a bit harsh to say the Smackdown women's division is regressing women's wrestling. Considering the talent they have to work with compared to Raw of course it isn't going to be as good this early on. However, the girls are putting in some effort and the writers are giving them feuds and reasons to fight each week rather than just sending them out there to fill time as we've seen many times before.

Becky is brilliant, Alexa is on the up (and absolutely beautiful) and they are even trying to give us a reason to give a shit about Carmella, who is a million times less grating as a heel. The division isn't perfect but I'm looking forward to seeing it grow.

Worse than changing the ropes, I thought they were taping them up with purple tape, then again with red tape, each time.

That'd be much quicker than changing the ropes I'd have thought, with half a dozen or so taping up at the same time. To change the ropes they'd need to release the tension under the ring, sort out the ratchets again etc. That won't be a quick job.

The solution is obvious, isn't it.

LED ropes ;).

I like the whole reasoning behind Sheamus & Cesaro's team, but if they win the tag belts after all those times Gallows & Anderson have failed to do so I'll be more than a bit displeased. I figured they were going to get the belts on "The Club" then send Cesaro & Sheamus after them for a bit of a change and some incredibly interesting matches.

Keep the details about this weeks SD in the Smackdown thread if you don't mind.  Some of us haven't watched it yet.

I think it's a bit harsh to say the Smackdown women's division is regressing women's wrestling. Considering the talent they have to work with compared to Raw of course it isn't going to be as good this early on. However, the girls are putting in some effort and the writers are giving them feuds and reasons to fight each week rather than just sending them out there to fill time as we've seen many times before.

Becky is brilliant, Alexa is on the up (and absolutely beautiful) and they are even trying to give us a reason to give a shit about Carmella, who is a million times less grating as a heel. The division isn't perfect but I'm looking forward to seeing it grow.

Actually think Carmella's pretty bloody good to be fair. Never really paid attention to her in NXT but she has really shown good aggression since turning heel.

Am waiting for Eva Marie's return too.

I much prefer the Smackdown women's division because Becky Lynch is head and shoulders above any of the Raw women as an all rounder, and the matchups aren't just the same old "Four Horsewomen" combos that it seems like we've been seeing for 2 years or so on NXT. The Raw women's division is tiny and basically has one fresh match in it, Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax.