The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

SmackDown spoiler, doesn't relate much to RAW but relates to the general discussion on this thread of WWE's direction as a company.

Tyler Breeze debuts on SmackDown and is hit with Summer Rae. This company has no idea what to do with anyone. I mean who debuts on a SmackDown these days?

She's a kiss of death. Awful in every respect, and I'd even say uglier than Bayley.

It's harsh to say she's uglier than Bayley, but Summer does have a problem in that looks-wise, she is an uglier version of the prototypical diva. Paige is really good-looking but can get away with physical flaws because she's got her own niche. Bayley's ugliness is part of her gimmick, kind of. And for Summer, the role of Bootleg Lana was perfect -- but separated from that, she'll struggle again.

Do you read what you've written here and feel OK with it?

SmackDown spoiler, doesn't relate much to RAW but relates to the general discussion on this thread of WWE's direction as a company.

Tyler Breeze debuts on SmackDown and is hit with Summer Rae. This company has no idea what to do with anyone. I mean who debuts on a SmackDown these days?

She's a kiss of death. Awful in every respect, and I'd even say uglier than Bayley.

It's harsh to say she's uglier than Bayley, but Summer does have a problem in that looks-wise, she is an uglier version of the prototypical diva. Paige is really good-looking but can get away with physical flaws because she's got her own niche. Bayley's ugliness is part of her gimmick, kind of. And for Summer, the role of Bootleg Lana was perfect -- but separated from that, she'll struggle again.

When WWE stop presenting the majority of its women as useless idiots employed solely to sell sex based on their looks, then people will stop treating them as such.

I don't know if he's worded it spectacularly but he's dead on with what he says. Bayley's not supposed to be a prototypical Diva. She's a normal girl who wanted to be a wrestler and is now, after struggling her way to the top, living her dream as the NXT Women's Champion. A beacon of hope for all the little girls who want a hero they can relate to. In that respect, her looks (or 'ugliness' as it was described in this thread) are an important part of that because she looks like a real person. She wouldn't wear too much makeup, or flaunt her cleavage, or dye her hair, because it's not who she is.

Summer Rae, on the other hand, is doing all of those things, but it's not changing her enough that she suddenly becomes a stunning physical specimen beyond what WWE have fed to its audience. Her personality has always been pretty shallow, both on WWE TV and Total Divas, and she doesn't have great wrestling ability. She's lost in the mix with no discernible features to make her stand out.

• Moderators

Exactly! In the land of the fit, where fit is par for the course and becomes average, you've got to be really really fit to look fit. If you know what I mean. I mean next to normal people Ashley Massaro probably looked amazing, but in the land of the fit she just looked like a speed freak at the rock club.

Edited by PowerButchi

When WWE stop presenting the majority of its women as useless idiots employed solely to sell sex based on their looks, then people will stop treating them as such.

optimistic

• Paid Members

People always go on here about how nothing good/important ever happens on Raw until Mania season. I think that's a load of shit. Nothing good happens in Mania season either any more. Last Mania's build up was terrible. You had Reigns and Brock playing tug of war with the belt, Sting's robot voice vignettes, after a year of doing nothing Bray Wyatt building a two man feud on his own, Rusev and Cena rehashing the same angles from the month before, Orton and Rollins in the most boring predictable feud ever and Ambrose and Ziggler calling Daniel Bryan a turd. WWE is just shit now sadly. It needs a complete overhaul.

Edited by LaGoosh

I can see then having a tranny character in the future, not a real one but like Hayley above but a slightly butch or ugly female.

Caitlin/Bruce Jenner is big news over there, they might get decent news coverage out of it

I bloody well hope not. If people looks-judge Bayley every fortnight here when she's not there to be put in that category, we're (I say we..) not nearly evolved enough, there isn't enough of a collective pool of knowledge/acceptance etc. to make that anything approaching tolerable. Btw the word 'tranny' is seen to be a derogatory term in most circles nowadays

Edited by sj5522

Btw the word 'tranny' is seen to be a derogatory term in most circles nowadays

So, if I were to call my mate Daniel 'Danny', that'd would be derogatory?

yeah, thats fuckin exactly how it works..

The term is considered a slur by some transgender activists, such as Roz Kaveney.[1] The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) state that the term is "usually considered offensive and/or defamatory" by members of the transgender community.[2]

hit me with some PC-gone-mad style jokes though, sure

• Paid Members

Btw the word 'tranny' is seen to be a derogatory term in most circles nowadays

So, if I were to call my mate Daniel 'Danny', that'd would be derogatory?

Homosexuals rightly don't really like being called "homos" either.

Edited by LaGoosh

I'd hardly say it's PC gone mad, it's just people gone mad.  I just don't see, how a shortened version of something that people define themselves as (be it transvestite or transgender or transatlantic airline pilot) can suddenly be decided to be derogatory.  Admittedly, it will have been used in a derogatory fashion towards a lot of people who choose to live that way.  But if people took it upon themselves to start shouting 'Oi, you bloody transgender!' would they have to find a new term to describe themselves?

If I were gay, I'd be more offended if someone were to call me a queen, than if they were to call me a homo.  It's like, yeah, I am gay, good job noticing.  But I am not in fact a woman.

Anyway.  Yeah, words is words.  And it's a bit ridiculous that you decided to make a point of someone using a throwaway remark like that, and make an issue out of it. 

Actually, I think I've probably just made a bigger issue out of it than anyone.  Umm.. yeah, Raw was Raw.

Edited by handspants