The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
Cor. Fucking. Blimey.

Triple H buried RVD, Edge and Jericho didn't he? Which is fairly mental, when you consider that two of the three are still semi active, and still may have some worth.

What's even more mental is that he burnt Bryan alive, and the rest of the roster got caught in the flames, when he pointed out that the only stars worth a shit are the ones that turn up twice a year. Fucking hell, he could have at least threw Cena's name in the mix.

It's Triple H playing up all the talk about him in 2003. The trouble is it's 10 years on and I'm not so sure how many people know or care about that side of Triple H for it to be truly effective. In 2003 this would have been gold for idiots like us, but not so much now.

Anyway, the burial of Bryan was pretty brutal/honest until Shawn Michaels stopped fannying around and got serious, pointing out that Bryan had almost always comes out on top, which Triple H sold like a champ. So it wasn't all doom and gloom. Bryan HAS to win now, otherwise he's exactly what Triple H said he is.

Why the fuck is Big Show playing Austin? They could be getting someone over huge with this schtick. As much as I love Big Show, he's not the next big thing is he?

I like Show in this role. He's the one (semi)full-timer on the roster who you genuinely believe could kill everybody in Triple H's faction in one segment, so you understand why Triple H was so keen to get him on side. The only other two blokes that are physically imposing enough to pull this off are maybe Ryback and Big E, but they don't have half the ability of Show and aren't nearly as over.

I await the return of Mizark, as a hired hand, to take down the Toughest SOB in the WWE.

Big E is a fucking stud, mind. Proper star in the making, there.

I was amazed when I found out he'd only been doing this for a few years. Millions of dollars. He needs to get better ring gear, it screams midcard. Apart from that, I'd be grooming him for the coveted Cena spot, in a few years.

Decent show. Khali dancing being the highlight.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Bryan HAS to win now, otherwise he's exactly what Triple H said he is.

Speaking of 2003: that was when Triple H was cutting similar promos to this, saying why Booker T didn't deserve to be in the main events and fighting for the World Title.

Us lot on here were saying Booker HAS to win at WrestleMania XIX now, otherwise he's exactly what Triple H said he is.

• Paid Members

Yeah and Booker T never recovered from it, as a babyface. A couple of months later he was feuding with a scrub like Christian for the IC title, while Triple H was having classics with his pal Nash.

In the same way they decided to keep the title on Triple H to build to the eventual Goldberg match, they may very well decide to go the same way with a big Orton/Cena match. Which may not be the wrong choice, even if it seriously halts the progress of Bryan.

Edited by ColinBollocks

• Paid Members

RVD and Jericho needed taking down a peg or two. Well, not so much RVD. His ego has been battered for the last few years, so that was like abusing a rape victim. And Edge seems to have a good head on his shoulders and knows his place in history, but Jericho I'm fine with. HHH's passive aggressive tone towards Jericho since 99 is always a good laugh. The thing is, the end segment was all Triple H vs Shawn Michaels. The go home show had Orton and Daniel Bryan as background players. So I cant see how Bryan winning the belt after all the false finishes and all the put downs is going to do anything for him now. He's won the belt a few times and not had a run. Its Jeff Jarrett level shit if he wins it again. He isn't more over than he was in August. I dont think the supporters are buying him as a top guy. If Santino calls you a twat, chances are you aren't one. If HHH is the one saying you're frigged people will believe that. I think they've done a lot of damage to Bryan over the last few months.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

RVD and Jericho needed taking down a peg or two. Well, not so much RVD. His ego has been battered for the last few years, so that was like abusing a rape victim. And Edge seems to have a good head on his shoulders and knows his place in history, but Jericho I'm fine with. HHH's passive aggressive tone towards Jericho since 99 is always a good laugh. The thing is, the end segment was all Triple H vs Shawn Michaels. The go home show had Orton and Daniel Bryan as background players. So I cant see how Bryan winning the belt after all the false finishes and all the put downs is going to do anything for him now. He's won the belt a few times and not had a run. Its Jeff Jarrett level shit if he wins it again. He isn't more over than he was in August. I dont think the supporters are buying him as a top guy. If Santino calls you a twat, chances are you aren't one. If HHH is the one saying you're frigged people will believe that. I think they've done a lot of damage to Bryan over the last few months.

So you'd rather Randy Orton get his 8th title reign than give Bryan an actual reign?

Essentially saying that there's no worth in him now which is as good as saying the belt would be better off on Orton again.

• Paid Members

That's not what I said. Apologies if you cant get what I'm saying, of course. Obviously my fault for not illustrating it via Microsoft paint. The point is, you build a star and you give him a run. The belt means fuck all. Its a bit of tin with the WWE logo on it. The person holding it is what makes it important, and if you aren't treated as worthy of holding it, the belt means nothing. You dont take his title wins away from him when the fans are in the moment and then give him a run when his stock has completely dropped, and when the companies biggest name is returning to steal your thunder. If he gets the belt on Sunday, he isn't half as over as he was in August when he wont he title at SummerSlam. You couldn't win the WWE title on a worse night than the night John Cena returns to scoop your heat from under you.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Orton winning isn't too silly, anyway. As Ian rightly stated, Bryan has lost a ton of momentum since Night Of Champions - I remember after Battleground not being particularly bothered if he won the belt, which is a complete flip from the previous month or two.

It all depends if the company want to get behind Bryan or not, if they've gone cold on him they are maybe best served building to a big Cena/Orton match at the Rumble. I do think Bryan needs to win, if the company have any aspirations of Bryan being a big babyface star for them. JR posted a lovely rant about how wins and losses actually do matter and Bryan losing the big gimmick match after Triple H has verbally mauled him for months is pretty disastrous and all but kills his big push; very much Rybacking him.

Triple H saying "here's the thing" has steadily annoyed me more and more over the last few years. It's not a catchphrase, but he throws it into every speech or interview. I love that he's upset Jericho though.

Thing is @tripleh despite ur major push,u never were either. Good luck in ur future endeavours

Cor. Fucking. Blimey.

Triple H buried RVD, Edge and Jericho didn't he? Which is fairly mental, when you consider that two of the three are still semi active, and still may have some worth.

What's even more mental is that he burnt Bryan alive, and the rest of the roster got caught in the flames, when he pointed out that the only stars worth a shit are the ones that turn up twice a year. Fucking hell, he could have at least threw Cena's name in the mix.

Using Cena's name would have defeated Hunter's point, since Cena did choose to "waste his time" fighting Daniel Bryan.

Why the fuck is Big Show playing Austin? They could be getting someone over huge with this schtick. As much as I love Big Show, he's not the next big thing is he?

Who is, though? As much as there have been missteps and continuity fuck-ups with the Big Show storyline, he's got the credibility that it needs. He's the perfect man for that role in a lot of ways. The next best option would probably be Mark Henry, who is at about the same stage in his career anyway. Imagine if it had been Yoshi Tatsu standing tall at the end of the last pay-per-view or navigating the crowd responses while doing HHH's bidding.

In the same way they decided to keep the title on Triple H to build to the eventual Goldberg match, they may very well decide to go the same way with a big Orton/Cena match. Which may not be the wrong choice, even if it seriously halts the progress of Bryan.

Even if Orton vs Cena is the goal, they don't need Orton to win on Sunday. They've already fucked around the results for the last couple of months enough that Orton hasn't got (and isn't going to get) that always-pulls-out-the-win factor of Honky Tonk Man/JBL/2012 CM Punk, so him vs Cena in a future big match gains nothing from him winning in the cell this week. Whereas losing this might knacker Bryan... Although Bryan is a Jericho/Edge level player and essentially bulletproof at that level, so he can sustain a loss better than the likes of Ryback.

Bryan's crowd reactions have been getting noticeably weaker over the last few weeks,I think he's fucked as a potential main event face at this stage unless he wins convincingly on Sunday.He'll be back wrestling Axel or Swagger before Christmas If he doesn't.

• Paid Members

Even if Orton vs Cena is the goal, they don't need Orton to win on Sunday. They've already fucked around the results for the last couple of months enough that Orton hasn't got (and isn't going to get) that always-pulls-out-the-win factor of Honky Tonk Man/JBL/2012 CM Punk, so him vs Cena in a future big match gains nothing from him winning in the cell this week. Whereas losing this might knacker Bryan... Although Bryan is a Jericho/Edge level player and essentially bulletproof at that level, so he can sustain a loss better than the likes of Ryback.

Nothing? Orton has very nearly always been bested by Bryan, so surely Orton winning the big match is only going to put some much needed heat on him. If they're going the Cena/Orton route then surely you want Orton to look as strong as possible, him finally pinning his foe (and twatting HBK) is a good way to go about that.

Nothing? Orton has very nearly always been bested by Bryan, so surely Orton winning the big match is only going to put some much needed heat on him. If they're going the Cena/Orton route then surely you want Orton to look as strong as possible, him finally pinning his foe (and twatting HBK) is a good way to go about that.

In an Orton vs Cena feud, the benefit of Orton being the corporate stooge is that with the company behind him, he always wins and retains. That's where the heat is in a character like that, that the heroic babyface has to accomplish the impossible task of getting the championship from him. That's already gone, because they've gone half-cocked with both Orton and Bryan. At this point, beating Bryan does nothing for putting "some much needed heat on him." Orton's a made man the same way he has been for years, winning on Sunday won't make him a superheel. Winning the way he did at SummerSlam and then not losing might have, but as I say, that's not what happened. As it stands, Orton vs Cena will be built on the years behind both and whatever they cook up in their storyline when it happens, rather than Orton being a massive heel via the Daniel Bryan feud.

Furthermore, if Orton does win on Sunday, it probably won't be him that the miniscule extra heat goes on anyway. It'll be on whoever helps him. He's probably not winning because of the Bashams or Major Brothers helping him, he's winning because Triple H or Big Show or Shawn Michaels clatters Bryan. A Michaels or Big Show turn would be a bigger story than "Randy Orton is the new champion."

The only real gain from Orton winning on Sunday in terms of if they both come out of Hell in a Cell as champions, and do an in-ring verbal encounter between them on Raw on Monday. Then have them kept apart that month by Del Rio's rematch clause and whatnot, by something else the next month, etc etc. But even that doesn't need them both to be champions, though that helps if the endgame is a title unification match between them. If WWE hasn't got an eye on a unification match, then Orton crying about losing and Cena coming out to laugh at him still sets up a slow-burn issue for them going forward.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Beating Bryan doesn't make him Triple H in 2000, but I'm still not having that it means nothing (especially if they have Orton coming out of it looking like the bastard of old). It can mean very little, if they don't build on it, however.

Going by what WWE do, it wouldn't surprise me if Bryan won and held the thing for a month before Orton won it in some daft fashion. 50/50 and all that.