The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

Don't think Kurt won the NWA title. He was a champ after TNA launched their own belt.

Angle won the NWA title the same weekend TNA and the NWA ended their affiliation. The NWA dont recognize the title change due to the split straight after, but it happened.

The split happened before the show. Christian still had the belt but it was only referred to as the "World Heavyweight Title" and the letters NWA were never mentioned.

Here's the video of the NWA announcing that Christian and Team 3D were stripped of the NWA titles.

What was going on with the guy who jumped the rails as Rollins came to the ring for the last match ? Then the ref spotted him by ringside and it looked like security nabbed him there

I really wish in these scenarios they would just turn the cameras away and make sure the fannys don't have a weapon then roll them into the ring

And just film the crowd until the bloke gets bored enough to go and sit back down?

• Paid Members

From Fin Martin's book - relating to the show after David fucking Arquette won the WCW title:

"The public's reaction was damning: again, they spoke with their remote controls. The next episode of Nitro on May 1 drew a 2.46 rating."

Just thought it was amusing. This weeks Raw (albeit on Labor Day) pulled a 2.44.

• Paid Members

Funny how Russo keeps trying to spin that into a positive. Surely getting into USA Today and the New York Times and still bombing actually worse than not getting in those outlets at all? Getting publicity and people still thinking you're shit says so much about you as a company. "We got Kurt Russell on Nitro, bro."

From Fin Martin's book - relating to the show after David fucking Arquette won the WCW title:

"The public's reaction was damning: again, they spoke with their remote controls. The next episode of Nitro on May 1 drew a 2.46 rating."

Just thought it was amusing. This weeks Raw (albeit on Labor Day) pulled a 2.44.

I'm sure it's all fine. 

I haven't checked or anything, but I assume Impact did a 4.2, maybe a 4.4 or thereabouts this week. The business is strong. 

Edited by Dirty Eddie

It's mad how much WCW was spending and how little money they were making. If it weren't for the network, WWE would be profitable as fuck even with these ratings that are lower than Nitro's. Creative aside, was WCW just incompetent at monetising everything besides the TV show itself?

• Paid Members

It's mad how much WCW was spending and how little money they were making. If it weren't for the network, WWE would be profitable as fuck even with these ratings that are lower than Nitro's. Creative aside, was WCW just incompetent at monetising everything besides the TV show itself?

WWE is a worldwide business these days. Back then it was US or Canada. WCW didn't have a great TV deal in the UK or the ability to draw big on European tours. Their cost base was massive as you mention.

WCW's 2.46 is even worse when you consider wrestling was absolutely booming again in April 2000.

ECW outdrew them on PPV.

• Paid Members

WCW's videos were selling less in 2000 than FMW's releases. FMW mind you. The Best of Ric Flair and Kevin Nash was doing less than Onita's Sliciest Brawls or whatever the fuck they were flogging. That's WCW in a nutshell. Nobody wanted to buy their videos, nobody was buying their pay-per-views, Backstage Assault was probably purchased by 4 people, Watchdog were investigating them for fraud over how poorly recieved their UK tour was, their action figures were all over every cheap shop in the world even up to about 2004. That Chris Jericho dressed as a lion tamer was all over the place. Every avenue of the company was a massive failure. TV ratings were the least of their worries. They could have been watched by 8 million people, but if that 8 million people werent putting their hand in their pocket they were fucked.

WWF/WWE on the other hand is such a pop culture smash, that they'll always be making money. They are still releasing figures of Davey Boy Smith for example. In 2015 they have the ability to market people who died 13 years ago. They are quite the market men. WCW couldnt even sell shirts from people on their own roster during the wrestling boom period.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

http://www.wwe.com/videos/stings-vows-to-defeat-seth-rollins-at-night-of-champions-27937757

Hopefully he says some of this on Raw (apart from the obvious Network shill) and gets to at least mention the fact that he's going for the title. Oh, him wearing his coat would be nice too tbh.

Edited by zep81

• Paid Members

http://www.wwe.com/videos/stings-vows-to-defeat-seth-rollins-at-night-of-champions-27937757

Hopefully he says some of this on Raw (apart from the obvious Network shill) and gets to at least mention the fact that he's going for the title. Oh, him wearing his coat would be nice too tbh.

Didn’t Sting wail, “See you at Night of Champions, Seth!” when riding out of Raw on the trash truck this week? I took that to mean Sting won’t be on TV until the PPV now.

Meehh.

Apart from New Day, who even themselves didn't hit their usual peaks but that's only because they're near-single-handedly carrying my enjoyment of the show atm, the only bit I really cared for this week was the Wyatts/Reigns bits. Now that I know it's not happening, that Orton double-bluff last week was actually really cool. Who could the third person be? Seems too soon for Rowan to be back. Can't think of who would get promoted on NXT that would be an intimidating enough force, unless it's someone else who's only done dark matches like Braun. Can't think of a returning megastar it's likely to be. I'm stoked. Love a good question mark on a PPV card, even if they almost always underwhelm.

Women's bit coulda been salvageable if not for the ludicrously overdone 'twin magic' and Steph being a fucking berk again going "oh, I'm ever so sorry Charlotte". Piss off!! You should be revelling in that role

The Ziggler/Summer gift box bit...hell of a way to build a PPV match ey? I think creative are actively trying to make that angle worse by the week.

Hope Owens and Ryback have good chemistry, confusing segment though. Owens did well enough with it but for the life of me I couldn't figure why the promo was about a book that apparently Ryback has read, along with seemingly none of the audience

Main event was alright, but yknow nothing spesh. Says something when Sting's first Raw match ever just feels like part of the mediocrity.

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

Just your average start to Raw. You'd rather have shit in your eyes frankly. Then out come New Day in that incredible new gear and Trips fucking dances with Big E. Gold.

Sting makes a historic first wrestling appearance on Raw and they put him in with one of only guys on the roster with whom its not novel.

No idea why we have to have the whole TAG TEAM MATCH, PLAYA routine. Just advertise a bloody tag match.

Rollins taps out so he's winning Sunday?

Rusev = Just another midcarder

Divas title in the spotlight. Naff Dusty finish. Revolutionary.

Season premiere my arse.