The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

To be honest, I think it's one of those things we've all come to accept; Wrestling Physics is a whole thing of its own. Trying to apply the rules of the real world to wrestling is the job of the non-fan.

Ive got tickets for Raw in Manchester for me and my stepson in November. Can anyone recommend any decent hotels in the area that maybe they have stayed in before...dont suppose anyone knows where the wrestlers normally stay?

Ive got tickets for Raw in Manchester for me and my stepson in November. Can anyone recommend any decent hotels in the area that maybe they have stayed in before...dont suppose anyone knows where the wrestlers normally stay?

You're probably better off asking in this thread: https://ukff.com/topic/135334-wwe-european-tour-2015

Manchester Central Arena Travelodge is where Myself, Mrs. NIB and Master NIB will be staying. Cost £60 for Mon-Wed stay. As for the hotel the wrestlers stay in, I highly suggest just going to a meet and greet rather than hanging around outside their hotel. A lot of the time they refuse autographs when you wait for them at the hotel, although some people say that they got lots of autographs. It's a gamble either way. I've never done it, but some of my friends have, all of them were ignored.

CHeers, i was thinking i might book the hotel the wrestlers are at just even for wee man to see them walking about but fair enough. The meet and greets are just so fucking expensive these days...for the two of us id be looking at about £400 is it not?

They don't announce which hotel the wrestlers are staying it, it generally comes down to those cyber-stalking-neckbeard types to figure it out on Twitter. I didn't mean the VIP Experiences, which are £400+ as you stated. I just meant one of the autograph sessions that normally get announced closer to the dates.

I watched the Owens promo. I need to watch a match to see what the fuss is about. He looks worse than I expected (I've just seen pics of him in civvies posing with Trips etc), and the mic work wasn't all that.

But the worst thing was the "British lad just arrived in Spain and got tanned lower arms but white as a ghost up top" look.

To think what people put themselves through to have a good look, even on the indies, and that dude gets on world wide TV.

• Paid Members

He's good, really good, and shit look or not, it's different, should be a good showcase for him against Cena. Good for him.

I love Dean Ambrose, he's got loads left and even Dolph Ziggler cut a promo with intent, maybe he read the thread.

Forgot to add, A TAG DIVISION, WE'VE GOT A PROPER TAG DIVISION!!!

Edited by WWFChilli

If Owens gets rid of the gut he becomes just another short bloke. His look is very distinctive and unique, which is a good thing.

I remember some of us debating this about Daniel Bryan when he started getting a big push in 2013 and some people thought he should shave off the stupid beard.

• Paid Members

I'm sure the match with Cena will be great but Owens looked pretty bad out there tonight. His promo was dreadful. He came across like some 16 year old rookie straight off the indies.

Until he decked Cena, I would have agreed. If he'd walked away at that moment, he was a bust. They recovered it though and got across that he's arrogant but dangerous.

Found the rest of the show predictable and not particularly interesting but I came out of it very much looking forward to the Elimination Chamber which I guess is the point of the TV show. It just felt like it was put together from a template again. Authority start. Shit celebration segment. Babyface blackmail. Crap interview into a match starting right now. Tag Team schmozz.

The only thing that was different was the Rusev/Lana/Ziegler segment and that featured two of the worst acting performances in pro-wrestling history - and that IS saying something.

Anyway, PPV. Sorry, Network exclusive:

Rollins vs. Ambrose

Cena vs. Owens

IC EC: Rusev vs. Sheamus vs. Ryback vs. Barrett vs. Truth vs. Ziegler

Tag EC: New Day vs. Kidd/Cesaro vs. PTP vs. Ascension vs. Lucha D vs. Matadores

That's a seriously decent card given that the Elimination Chamber makes the title matches so much more interesting. Assuming Rollins is retaining, I'd bookend the show with the Chamber matches so the IC title match goes on last.

I don't really think Rusev needs the title, I'd like o put in on Ryback really but I wouldn't beat Rusev either. Dilemma.