The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

Nah it was fine... if that was the drizzling shits, I'd hate to think what kind of shits we got last autumn and winter

The 2 key issues I had with the episode were nothing new. The shittiness of the Truth/Golddust segments, and Steph McMahon. I was open to the storyline but what's she playing at? Taking away Ambrose's talk show but banning Flair from ringside? Same old shit in that respect. I'd at least expect them to have the sense to have Shane come up with the latter

Apart from that, decent main event with a great little angle. Tag team scene looking fresh. The IC stuff really entertaining and really doing a lot to elevate that title. even the battle royale was well done and entertaining. and fucking hell, they even made the finish to last night's womens match seem just a little less shit

Edited by sj5522

The story they're telling with the main event is really quite brilliant.

The new era, short lived as it is, seems to have a bit of a bigger focus on storytelling and I'm down with that.

I'm also amazed at how well AJ Styles has fit into the WWE main event. He looks and acts like a lifer.

• Paid Members

Very missable show save for the main event. Even then, I'd save yourself three hours and catch the highlights.

Agree with Daz on the Styles/Reigns angle with the Gallows/Anderson involvement. It's very good so far. And they're not blowing their load in one night. It's slowly evolving.

The best thing about the Aj/Reigns/Bullet club storyline is nobody has any idea where it's going, its the most unpredictable storyline they have had in years, I'm still not convinced that Balor fits into this, I see reigns or Aj turning heel more likely than a Balor debut

For the last two nights, Stephanie has looked a lot younger than usual. She's looked amazing.

Really?  I've found the opposite.  I mean, she's still an absolute stunner, but I think she's definitely looking her age.  Plus, there's something about the faces she pulls and the way she does her hair that makes her look like a hoob.

• Paid Members

The minute Steph walked out in that dress she won RAW for me. I really enjoyed the main event, it was cracking and the whole story has been great. AJ looks like he proper belongs in the main event so it will be interesting where this ends up.

I'm also completely behind Zayn. I know the casual audience arent quite there yet, but blimey hes good. So is Owens. As is The Miz, still cant quite work out what Cesaro is up to though. His Schwarzenegger style promos really come across as poor when put near these lot.

For the last two nights, Stephanie has looked a lot younger than usual. She's looked amazing.

I did notice that more than usual watching the highlights this morning. She looked incredible and yes, younger than usual. Shane's starting to dress and act like one of those cool millionaire entrepreneurs who brings his board to the Amazon to do ayahuasca in the mud for four days.

I keep hoping that Raw being something I do in 15 minutes with a plate of toast will eventually turn in to something I feel bad about. I hung on for so, so long. It doesn't feel right. It's not the way to watch Raw. It was such a weekly highlight/ritual for me for years. Not slogging through each week though.

• Paid Members

I'm also completely behind Zayn. I know the casual audience arent quite there yet, but blimey hes good.

The audience is getting there. That video last week and on the PPV will have helped. He came off really strong on this Raw. He loses a lot so having him kik the shit out of three people showed the crowd why they should be getting behind him and you could tell with the reaction he was getting at the end of the segment when he showed his interest in the IC Title in that classic WWE style of staring at it and hoping people notice.

Is anybody else getting sick to death of the constant attacks on Byron Saxton, what is going on with all that. Owens is now way over doing it, JBL literally never gives it a rest and even Cole, THE FUCKING FACE announcer joins in. Don't get me wrong I don't give a shit about Saxton and certainly don't rate him as a commentator but it's really grinding on me now.

I thought AJ looked a star leading Gallows/Anderson out onto the stage and down to the ring.

Why the fuck is lovely Becky jobbing to Emma? What's the point of that?

I've been really impressed with Emma recently. If they have no plans for Becky being near the title in the near future then I have no problem with Emma going over her to build her up a bit.