The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

For news anything but the Wrestling Observer itself and not a paste job on a newz site where they add things or fuck things up (found at www.F4Wonline.com), PWInsider, Prowrestling.net as of these days and (possibly) the Torch will get any "newz" will get your post roundly scoffed at. If people post using Lords of Pain as a source, for example, a few of us nearly have heart attacks of hate.

With him "taking his slating too far", perhaps you'd like to address my view on it a few posts up?

I personally think that Cena does have a lot of reign with his promos, in the same way Punk did and HHH does. That's not an unreasonable assumption. Does he intentionally go out to bury his opponents? Part of me thinks he does. To protect his position. If people are claiming he's upped his in ring work to highlight the poorer work of others to protect himself I think he'd do the same on the mic.

Yeah he's a company guy and yeah McMahon has sent folk out to bat with agendas. My other overall point, lost in all of the previous posts, is that there must be someone (I'd of thought HHH) in behind the scenes with enough experience to see the missed opportunities at building credible faces and the damage it is doing to the overall product. I'm not blaming Cena as I know the booking has a lot to do with it.

Just think he could take more care on the mic. Yeah Rollins is a chicken shit heel but he should not be called a joke. Undermines his win at Mania, yes he's not been booked great but he shouldn't be called a joke by the biggest guy in the company. Doing that doesn't help Rollins or the title.

• Paid Members

Just think he could take more care on the mic. Yeah Rollins is a chicken shit heel but he should not be called a joke. Undermines his win at Mania

Haha, he stole the title at WrestleMania. You've just acknowledged that he's a chicken shit heel, so what is Cena supposed to say to him? 

"You stole the belt" would've been a backbone for a promo the night after WrestleMania. Rollins has spent months since then ducking and diving and lucking his way to keeping the belt, all as we're being encouraged to call him Justin Bieber -- and all while John Cena's been movesetting his way to becoming the fightingest champ ever. People have been calling Rollins all sorts the entire time, it seems weird to get hung up on Cena calling him a joke on Raw.

Essentially, if Cena isn't allowed to beat or say mean things to anyone you like, you're best off liking lowercard babyfaces and crossing your fingers they don't answer the open challenge.

• Paid Members

I personally think that Cena does have a lot of reign with his promos, in the same way Punk did and HHH does. That's not an unreasonable assumption. Does he intentionally go out to bury his opponents? Part of me thinks he does. To protect his position.

Cena's position doesn't need protecting. He's the top guy in the company, he doesn't need to piss on anybody else's bonfire to make his burn brightest. Part of the whole argument that a cavalcade of people are using against Cena in regards to the Owens run at the moment is that losing one feud doesn't damage him because of how strong his position is - and yet his position either isn't strong enough, or he doesn't think it's strong enough, that he would choose to "bury" the guys he's working with? That's contradictory, isn't it?

In the groupthink of Cena's hate mob, he's simultaneously strong enough that he could lose a feud to Bray Wyatt, Rusev or Kevin Owens without being damaged AND insecure and paranoid enough that he wants to verbally chop the legs off of the guys he's working with, even though he won't have to put them over at the end of the program anyway. Wow.... it's clear as day, it's transference. Everything that used to be thought of Triple H in 2003, is now being thrown at Cena.

With the possible exception that Cena is married into the power to maintain his favourable booking. Unless his Bella does favours to keep him looked after, I suppose.

That he stole the title? No need to call him a joke in my opinion. Obviously everyone disagrees.

Rollins is a heel. His whole function is to make the crowd want to see him get beat. Cena reminding the fans that he's a jammy bastard who has Honkyed his way out at every opportunity is logical to me. "Fuck that guy! He's a joke! I hope John Cena beats him so we can have a real champion!" and so on.

Except it might not work that way because people don't like Cena. Even though he has the best match most months. Call themselves smart fans, too.

• Paid Members

Didn't say I liked them either but you're trying to label me as one of those fans obviously. I think he didn't have to call him a joke. I think Cena's got form on the mic. That's it.

• Moderators

Yeah, but the "form" will be because whomevers given him a script saying "blah blah blah" and the gist is to make it clear you're the victor. He's not going into business for himself. Not even Cena would get away with that, especially as it would have happened so many times. Anyway, most of the time during the Owens feud his promos were about how great and how much of a challenge to him Owens is and how he's some real competition, hence the one upmanship with open challenges. Cena's go power, but he can't just go out there with a live mic and do as he wants. Read the formats when they're leaked. He's got a script like everyone else. Yeah, I imagine h'es allowed to deviate more than most, but he's not going to just be burying people because he can. Why would he bury people all the time off his own back, when he'll job to anyone at anytime to put people over? That makes no sense to me, I'm afraid.

• Paid Members

Yeah, but the "form" will be because whomevers given him a script saying "blah blah blah" and the gist is to make it clear you're the victor. He's not going into business for himself. Not even Cena would get away with that, especially as it would have happened so many times. Anyway, most of the time during the Owens feud his promos were about how great and how much of a challenge to him Owens is and how he's some real competition, hence the one upmanship with open challenges. Cena's go power, but he can't just go out there with a live mic and do as he wants. Read the formats when they're leaked. He's got a script like everyone else. Yeah, I imagine h'es allowed to deviate more than most, but he's not going to just be burying people because he can. Why would he bury people all the time off his own back, when he'll job to anyone at anytime to put people over? That makes no sense to me, I'm afraid.

Fair points there. Now I know where to read I'll keep my eye out for the formats hahaha. I like Cena a lot, always have. I don't like what he does in a lot of promos so perhaps I do attribute that to him rather than the creative as I assumed as he's dominated for so long he can do what he wants.

With regards another point above I merely paraphrased from another thread where someone said Cena was going for work rate to make the others look bad. Thats not me saying he's insecure and its not something I think he is doing so again don't try and lump me in the crowd that hated HHH and now hates Cena because I've been fans of both from the beginning.

Just wanna quickly say I've been enjoying Pitcos' posts a lot lately. For a while they became unreadable gibberish of a madman obsessed with people obsessed with HHH2004, but lately they have all been spot on. Top marks for going from least favourite poster to execellent contributor, keep up the good work

• Paid Members

Scripted or not it wasn't that bad. Storyline and character wise it makes sense that stand up guy and the hardest working man in the company would be disgusted by Seth Rollins and his refusal to be the same - Rollins is the Highland Bru version of Edge, who is Cena's most hated foe, of course he'd call bullshit on him and his actions.

Rollins is rubbish as the champion though, so the man makes the title line is always going to look like some weird burial because people know he's not up to it (so far). Frankly if he can't survive that mild exchange with Cena then he's best off trading wins with Ziggler.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Just think he could take more care on the mic. Yeah Rollins is a chicken shit heel but he should not be called a joke. Undermines his win at Mania, yes he's not been booked great but he shouldn't be called a joke by the biggest guy in the company. Doing that doesn't help Rollins or the title.

But this is all storyline, I could understand the issue if Cena had said 'The WWE title is a joke at the moment because the champion has a weird neck and childs voice' whilst being interviewed outside of WWE.

Its not like we had any complaints that wrestlers were being undermined or oppressed every time the Rock told them 'it doesn't matter what you think'

Edited by sick love song

Just wanna quickly say I've been enjoying Pitcos' posts a lot lately. For a while they became unreadable gibberish of a madman obsessed with people obsessed with HHH2004, but lately they have all been spot on. Top marks for going from least favourite poster to execellent contributor, keep up the good work

Yeah, agreed. Very logical and well thought out rather than a vendetta against certain fans and pigeon-holing people.

• Moderators

I now fully expect Pitcos to go into a sustained and, let's be fair, humourous "I don't need your plaudits" attack of violent posting against certain fans and going out of his way to pigeon hole people. And you've bought it on yourselves.

Edited by PowerButchi