The Official UKFF RAW Thread...

d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
JOHN CENA UPDATE

By Mike Johnson on 2014-03-01 14:04:40

While the injury angle on Raw was planned, John Cena did suffer a groin tear during the angle on Monday.

Cena gutted through a house show match last night in North Charleston, SC against Randy Orton but was hurting. He actually apologized to the live crowd afterward for not giving them the performance he wanted to give.

One person who worked the event last night said Cena was "pretty bad off" but was gutting through it since it was Wrestlemania season. "No matter what anyone wants to say about him, Cena's the machine - he keeps going."

We are also told WWE wanted to pull Cena from the house shows this weekend and he refused.

Cena has been breaking down rapidly in the last 18 months. He's had all kinds of tears and injuries all over his body. Its one thing after another with him. He's going to be hurting so much when he's older. He's like Kurt Angle. Wrestling with groin tears and neck injuries and coming back super fast.

Gotta imagine they'll be putting him in bubble wrap in the next few weeks before Mania. His muscle mass certainly doesn't help him as far as those frequent tears go.

Wonder if this is why he wasn't involved on NXT ArRIVAL the other day, despite being advertised to make an appearance (aside from sitting in the crowd).

• Paid Members

It's a shame for him Punk's left when he has. I know Punk's broken down, but surely it's made it difficult for a company guy like Cena to able to speak to Trips about getting a break? He should anyway, giving himself time to heal up and come back to big reactions. It's not like he's an untested guy with no track record - he'd slot right back into the main event, easily.

Actually, it might still be possible if they have Wyatt fuck him up in kayfabe at Mania - would give him a reason to go away, get healthy, then come back straight for a long-awaited blow-off match with Wyatt later.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

He doesn't want to go anywhere and they dont want him to go anywhere. You have to want time off to get it. Its not an issue that he's being worked like Steptoes horse. He's going to go until he drops.

If anyone needs time off its Nikki Bella. Fucking groin injury of all things. You've seen what she's like on Total Divas. He's barely got time to learn Chinese and break his own dead lift record.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
He doesn't want to go anywhere and they dont want him to go anywhere. You have to want time off to get it. Its not an issue that he's being worked like Steptoes horse. He's going to go until he drops.

No, I didn't think WWE would force him to - he's one of their best employees. I'd have just thought, with all that damage, he might really start to feel it and need time off.

• Paid Members

I see your John cena update and raise you a meltzer John cena update

John is selling the beating from Monday. There is no groin tear or groin strain. There was no admonition from doctors not to work this weekend. It is part of the entertainment portion of the presentation, a body part to sell at the house show tonight and tomorrow..

Gotta imagine they'll be putting him in bubble wrap in the next few weeks before Mania. His muscle mass certainly doesn't help him as far as those frequent tears go.

Wonder if this is why he wasn't involved on NXT ArRIVAL the other day, despite being advertised to make an appearance (aside from sitting in the crowd).

He did some stuff with Neville for the crowd there after the broadcast ended.

• Paid Members

I haven't listened to the podcast myself but it sounds like Meltzer has said one of his usually good sources in the company is 100% certain Punk is back, but Meltz personally has his doubts.

Should be a fun Raw.

Edited by Benno

I know he's already loved there but if Punk does return on the Chicago Raw he'll never have to pay for another bevvy in that town.

I'm not entirely sure this is meant to be witty and failing, or unintentional and actually quite funny. :confused:

• Awards Moderator

That's appalling. The 'get Daniel Bryan into a title match' is one thing (I'd have considered him wrestling HHH to be more high-profile than the title match, personally, but that's beside the point) but the worst part has got to be 'Objective: Elevate Mid-Carders'. There's just such an entitled sense of idiocy about that. Objective: Elevate Mid-Carders. Makes me gag.

On the other hand, I do like 'Undertaker is immortal and will always deserve respect'. Too right he does.

I also got confused about the Heisenberg/Jesse bit, but Aaron Paul's hosting this week, isn't he? That could be good.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator