The Preston City Wrestling Thread

Attendance for today, as confirmed by both Steve Fludder on his Facebook and Preston City Council was that just under 4000 fans were there! Apparently the market square where the event was held holds 7000 people when full, and from above you could see that the square was more than half full.

4000 fans for a wrestling show, even free, is fantastic. It was a great setting, with all the army stuff, and PCW were extremely well organised as well. They really are absolute quality when it comes to putting on a show.

Random thoughts:

After years of the 'Dar-Dar-DarDar' chants for Noam Dar, he only gets accompanied to the ring by DARTH VADER~! That was so awesome haha. Darth Vader also got involved in the post match too, distracting Kirby.

Zack Gibson replacing Cyanide as Mastiff's opponent was a huge substitution and made the match a zillion times better (no offence to Cyanide). A large amount of the crowd knew Gibson had been a Rosebud and chanted Adam Rose's theme at him as well as Cheeseburger. Heel Gibson was hilarious, saying indignantly, "I got paid a lot of money for doing that!" and regarding the Cheeseburger chants, "They're chanting your order, Dave" (to Mastiff). Gibson is so great. :laugh:

Travis vs Ligero was a good match, but it struggled with heat and reactions because it was face vs face and this was a really broad-based mainstream crowd who wanted simple face vs heel matches. The crowd were into the match, and it was technically sound and in another environment would have been great, but it was a wrong fit for this crowd. Not a knock on anyone though, just one of those things.

Manson & Hope's comedy acts got over huge with the large crowd.

Allmark is a very smart guy, wrapped himself in the Union Jack and got the flagwaving crowd well into him for his match vs Bubblegum.

Team Single vs Masters & Rayne was fantastic. A genuine brawl into the crowd and out on to the high street. A legit streetfight!

Crowd loved Carlito. 8 man tag main event was a lot of fun and ended the show on a happy note.

This whole event was a total home run by PCW and an inspired publicity stunt. I think a lot of new fans who weren't aware of PCW were created today. It felt like a very special event in a great outdoors setting. Very memorable indeed. It was taped for DVD too, so this will be a release to look out for.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Twas a good show for what it was. Didnt get to see many regulars as arrived well late.

However, match of the Show was undoubtedly the Team Single/ Legion of Boom match. Dave was more over than Masters, and it was a genuinely cracking match including a Rampage Brown using a Balloon to the face, lol. A suplex on Masters to one of the arena stands, A back drop through a table (couldnt see properly) Loads of Chair shots and a nasty ass looking Piledriver

Dave Rayne's wrestling has really come on and he was superb all show, #BOOM

10451119_867207873308243_2481200275355882218_n.jpg

Line-up subject to change and all but Michael Elgin, Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish, Adam Cole, Roderick Strong, Delirious, ACH, Cedric Alexander and BJ Whitmer are all featured on the poster.

Surprised and happy about ACH and Alexander. I would've thought PCW would have gotten ROH's biggest "touring" names like Styles,Matt Hardy, Hero, Young Bucks, Bennett and Maria and Jay Lethal to appeal to the casuals more.

Edited by cobystag

10451119_867207873308243_2481200275355882218_n.jpg

Line-up subject to change and all but Michael Elgin, Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish, Adam Cole, Roderick Strong, Delirious, ACH, Cedric Alexander and BJ Whitmer are all featured on the poster.

Surprised and happy about ACH and Alexander. I would've thought PCW would have gotten ROH's biggest "touring" names like Styles,Matt Hardy, Hero, Young Bucks, Bennett and Maria and Jay Lethal to appeal to the casuals more.

Styles, Hardy and Hero aren't under contract to ROH. Not sure about Young Bucks.

I don't think PCW would have Styles back, not after the Lionheart incident & what Styles has said since.

• Paid Members

FAO certain PCW regulars I've been talking to about the Anni show......

Also announced for August for the Cruiserweight title

8k9Bfen.jpg

HATE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO