The Preston City Wrestling Thread

What would people say has been the best PCW event of the year? Better yet, a top three?

Really loved this promotion this year and have attended all the shows from May onwards.

My top 3 is:

1. Supershow 3 (Nights 1 & 2 - 15-16/11/13) - Both nights tied, great action, tons of angles and building for future shows. Superbly organised & run. Imports who worked really hard too. Travis vs Masters III was great, as was Jushin Liger, Chris Masters, Kevin Steen, Bob Holly, D-Lo Brown & more in action.

2. Final Fight (11/10/13) - Card featuring Travis vs Hayes, Lionheart vs Williams, plus Ultimo Dragon, Davey Richards & Michael Elgin in action.

3. Too Good To Be Two (02/08/13) - 60 minute iron man match - Williams vs Ligero was tremendous.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

What would people say has been the best PCW event of the year? Better yet, a top three?

1. Supershow III- Best Weekend I've had for a long long time

2. No Retreat No Surrender- Masters vs Trav II amongst many Many Others

3. Road To Glory- London's Entrance :)

MOTYC's are

Kirby vs Allmark- RTG

Steen vs Travis - Spring Slam

Joey Hayes vs Super Crazy- RTG Night 2

MITB- Two Good to be Two

Masters vs Trav II- No Retreat, No Surrender

4 Way- Ligs vs Hayes vs Trav vs Kirby No Retreat, No Surrender

Team Single vs Elgin/Richards- Final Fight

4 way- Steen Trav Allmark and Hayes from Supershow 3

Liger vs Kirby/Allmark Both from Supershow

T-Bone vs Trav- More Bang for Your Buck

• Paid Members

I'll likely do a 2013 in review piece after this Friday, but one event that deserves a mention when talking about the best of the year is 'More Bang For Your Buck' from January. A cracking top-to-bottom wrestling show, full of great matches, great variety and great fun.

It's hard to discount the two Supershow weekends, which were awesome, but MBFYB was one of my faves.

Nice, I didn't realise Uhaa was on the card!

Dar and Kirby looks a potential show stealer tomorrow night. We're fucking lucky to have wrestlers of that calibre performing for us so regularly around here. PCW is literally the only wrestling I watch and give the slightest fuck about these days, which is a testament to the level of talent they exhibit, month in, month out. UK guys alone, the roster is packed with class acts.

What are the chances of the loser out of Trav and Joey running away after the decision without going through with the hair cut, and then Brutus Beefcake turning up at some point in the future and enforcing the stipulation with a sleeper hold and a pair of decorated hedge trimmers? Probably zero. But a man can dream.

Edited by Richie Freebird

My top 3 PCW events gotta be:

1 - Supershow 3 - Of course! What a weekend

2 - Springslam - Steen and Garagano both left a lasting impression on me that i'll never forget

3 - Supershow 2 - again, such a great weekend, plus i got to meet Lita, Goldust and The Steiners. Win.

Special mention to Final Fight, was great. Amazing matches but felt lacked something in that venue.

This is interesting - T-Bone & Rampage Brown issuing an open challenge to any tag team to challenge them for the PCW Tag Team titles at PCW Road 2 Glory in Feb/Mar.

PCW itself is getting behind it urging any tag team to post a video of them accepting the challenge on the PCW Facebook wall.

The winning tag team via fans votes on Facebook gets booked for the show.

March 1st we do something never done before and let the fans vote for any team in the UK who enter this open challenge! This will be fair and not rigged in any way like other votes from certain companies.

Tell any tag team you know about this by sharing the video or tagging their name below! To the teams, good luck to all!

Edited by ClassicsGuy

I'm not happy at missing tomorrow's show. There were some changes to my uni timetable which means they've thrown a dissertation class in this week instead of next Friday when absolutely no one will care. Not a chance I can make it to Preston without missing at least an hour of the show, at which point turning up seems a bit pointless. :(

Enjoy tomorrow night, I'll be hoping for updates from the usual sources. Shame too...I was going to bring my elf outfit, stick some tassels onto it and impress Danny Hope. ;)