The Preston City Wrestling Thread

Featuring fellow comic Sully O'Sullivan as a genuine foreign object. I doubt I'll ever get tired of that.

Was that who got body slammed onto Trav at ringside?

So many absolute crackers on that match listing. You forget just how many barn storming classics we've actually had at PCW in the promotions young history.

From FB:-

So Riddick Bowe has changed agents and the new one was quite rude to me and tried adding a large amount of money to his fee.

The original agent who is a respected sports agent has returned the full deposit and wants no part of their actions.

The new agent now want to do it for the same deal as I have the money back but but the damage has been done. Trying to break agreed terms is very disgraceful in the business world.

So do you want Riddick Bowe at Road To Glory or do I tell them to kiss my ass and I spend the money on somebody else(an actual wrestler)?

I don't imagine anyone's going to lose too much sleep over that one. The amount of comments on that Facebook post from people saying words to the effect of "bin him off and get someone else in" was insane - I know booking Riddick Bowe didn't turn out to be as big a deal as PCW were hoping for (at least not in the fans' eyes) but I didn't realise it was quite so universally hated.

There was due to be an announcement of another name for the next show tonight, but Facebook said this instead:

Bad News

No announcement tonight for Road To Glory. We need to remove somebody from the announcement images.

Good News

'The Mouth Of The South' Jimmy Hart will be appearing in April 2014.

I don't imagine anyone's going to lose too much sleep over that one. The amount of comments on that Facebook post from people saying words to the effect of "bin him off and get someone else in" was insane - I know booking Riddick Bowe didn't turn out to be as big a deal as PCW were hoping for (at least not in the fans' eyes) but I didn't realise it was quite so universally hated.

There was due to be an announcement of another name for the next show tonight, but Facebook said this instead:

Bad News

No announcement tonight for Road To Glory. We need to remove somebody from the announcement images.

Good News

'The Mouth Of The South' Jimmy Hart will be appearing in April 2014.

Tatanka and Rikishi are here in the uk that same week also. So maybe one of them will be added to the April show yet.

This must have been amazing news for the promoter.

I don't know what he had in mind when he originally booked the boxer, but he must have quickly realised it's not really of much interest to the most important people - the fans that already attend his shows, or potential customers.

When the new agent gave him a good enough reason to bail on the whole deal, and the original agent transferred the deposit money back, it must have been cause for celebration!

Well done for not Bowe-ing down to a promoter's ridiculous demands....

That doesn't work.

Okay, how about:

Well done for not bowing down to a promoter's Riddickulous demands...

It doesn't work as it's the agent with the demands, not the promoter.

Well that's me told. Thank you for pointing out the flaw in what was originally intended as a good-natured, knowingly-lame pun joke.

Also, technically 'promoter' is another name for 'agent'; Don King was known as Mike Tyson's 'promoter', but he was in actual fact his 'agent' agreeing deals for him.

But hey, if you wanna pick holes in a joke, be my guest.

Edited by ClassicsGuy