The Preston City Wrestling Thread

Johnny Moss vs. Bob Holly

OUCH.

EDIT - Doesn't appear to have been mentioned in here yet that Dave Rayne will face the Masterlock Challenge one more time on Saturday afternoon. YES!

Full match listings for the weekend have been released

J0sS9pF.jpg

A-MAZ-ING. This is the closest thing this country has to a Wrestlemania weekend type event!

Coupled with the RAW and Smackdown tapings in Manchester nearby a few nights earlier, as well as an 'Audience with William Regal' show as well - the north west in the place to be, to be a wrestling fan in the next week! :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

There's just too much greatness here, there really is. It's really good use of the talent available and there is a shitload to look forward to. The Masterlock Challenge is probably the thing I will anticipate the most, and I never thought I'd say that, but the last one was phenomenal sports entertainment.

In the ring, I'm really looking forward to Friday's six-man and Holly v D'Lo, getting to run the rule over Uhaa Nation up close, seeing Liger again, Manson's antics, Kong matching up to April and then fucking up Bubblegum, how a guy like Noam Dar matches up with Johnny Kidd on the mat, Trav v Steen, Steen v Mastiff and of course Trav v Masters III will ALL be wars...

... so, all of it, basically.

• Paid Members
I cant get on Facebook to ask today, so does anyone know an approx finish time for Saturday night? And which two matches are going on last on Saturday night, for that matter?

Why, you'll be too hammered or busy bumming a fag from Chilli to remember them any way :dry:

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members

Not a Jammy Dodger's chance in hell does Liger vs Dean Allmark go on last, no offence to Allmark, but that's not your main event.

The obvious choice for main event given the history and what the heat should be like in the venue, would be the Trav/Masters rubber match. As evidenced by the way we were all knackered for Williams/Hayes last time, nothing can follow those two.

I cant get on Facebook to ask today, so does anyone know an approx finish time for Saturday night? And which two matches are going on last on Saturday night, for that matter?

Saturday show starts at 6pm, so probably 9pm, 9:30pm tops, I'd imagine. I think Supershow 2 night 2 on the Saturday back in June ended at about 9:20pm.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Tonight's the night. Well, tonight and tomorrow that is.

I am so amped up for this weekend. Apologies I haven't got time for a long rant so a short one will have to suffice but I don't think I would be able to put into words how excited I am for Jushin Thunder Liger vs Martin Kirby tonight. Liger is arguably one of the best junior heavyweights of all time and Kirby is arguably one of the hardest working guys on the UK scene and I'm sure a match up like this is a dream come true for him. Regardless of it's placement tonight, this is the main event for me. Uhaa Nation is a beast of a worker with his power and athleticism and this match tonight against Ligero is one the few times he's been placed against cruiserweight wrestlers whilst in the UK and I can't think of many better guys in England to put Uhaa against if you want power vs speed. Kong vs Davids is going to be a similiarly veined match up in that you've got one of the biggest female wrestlers to break out into the mainstream today and she's put against, again I'm using that phrase far too often, one of England's best active female wrestlers (if not THE best English female wrestler right now) in April Davids except these two will have a war of strikes. Tonight's 4-way could be your usual PCW multi-man goodness and the 6-man should be a intense battle of a match.

Can't wait for Travis vs Steen II on the afternoon tomorrow and Travis vs Masters III in the evening. This could be a milestone in Trav's career coming off of Monday (did that dark match happen?) and now three big matches back to back. I am giddy with excitement for Steen vs Mastiff, Project Lucha vs Team Single should be the best tag match of the weekend and Dean Allmark will get a massive match against Liger himself.

Bring on tonight!!!