The Preston City Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members
Richies missus starting on Trav during the crowd brawl and pie facing him was like something from the 80s. Pretty sure she threw a chair at him as well.

:laugh: If she did the "OH NO U DINT!" with it then that would have capped it off beautifully.

• Paid Members
Well what were you basing that insult on please? I think I've got a right to take exception there.

Were you even there last night? If not, what did people who were there tell you to make you so confident as to make such a pronouncement?

By the sounds of it, those that weren't there have a better chance of remembering what happened than you do.

Well what were you basing that insult on please? I think I've got a right to take exception there.

Were you even there last night? If not, what did people who were there tell you to make you so confident as to make such a pronouncement?

I'm not looking to get into a slagging match with you because I suspect that you don't intend to upset people but at points you and your girlfriend spoilt parts of the show for us. As for the the show wasn't close to the previous show I went to in April though thought the atmosphere may well have been better and you leave feeling you have had your money's worth

I'm not looking to get into a slagging match with you because I suspect that you don't intend to upset people but at points you and your girlfriend spoilt parts of the show for us. As for the the show wasn't close to the previous show I went to in April though thought the atmosphere may well have been better and you leave feeling you have had your money's worth

Other than the Trav pat on the back, no chair was involved and Chili being manhandled for which Richie really needs to apologise for. I saw nowt like is being reported on here.

The show was fantastic-ish

The announcer needs to be more aware of the crowd. 2 plus years of RP and Towel Guy interaction means that it's hard to like her. The 'One Fall' thing is good, but ignoring what's going on around you isnt. PCW has a family like, not estranged vibe. You are good at what you do, but please don't carry on regardless, take a step back and enjoy and banter.

Davey vs Robbie was wasted on much of the crowd, great technical match, but many weren't interested. Could have heard a pin drop during much of it, very un PCW. If had been someone else who the crowd were more familiar with then would have probs gotten going crowd wise Is not a criticism just and observation.

Aside from that, everything else was excellent, easily the best non supershow card in a bit. Elgin, Richards vs Team Single is a genuine MOTYC. I didnt think much of it to start with but bloody helll did that raise the bar.

Ultimo was clearly on retirement tour mode, think McGuinness at Festive Fury 2011, as did enough, that's not a bad thing in a great opener. Didnt see Lufisto vs Davids, just because isnt my cuppa tea. Doug vs Lionheart was good, couldn't hear Noam's nor Lion-o's promo. He's said on Fb was the truth. Have no idea what he said :(

The catwalk contest was good, Voodoo, is going to be heel very quickly if that continues

Bubblegum vs Kofi Kingston, er, the Pope was good fun, storylines agogo from the previous match and shows with this one, good fun ( Team single/ Rentboy stuff)

Main which was Joey vs Joey or Trav vs Trav was epically good, battered crap out of each other and always have a good match. Merch got destroyed and went all around everywhere. PCW will turn refs at will and 'Ar 'is not going to do well after that finish. Joey vs Trav finished the first Southside/PCW feeler show Battle at the Disco, was cracking then despite all of the spit. 2 and a bit years later with things changed, it was still amazing.

Top stuff all round, even if that report doesnt sound like it

Richards did the shagging the turnbuckle spot at the start of the match.

Can somebody put that in some sort of context for me? :confused:

During the Q and A of his the other night they played this video:

skip to near the end of the video and you will see what i mean by humping a turnbuckle.

I missed the first two matches due to arriving late and didn't bother rushing from the bar for Lionheart vs Doug but I was really pleased to be there for Richards vs Dynamite and Team Single vs Team Big Balls, both very enjoyable bouts. Pope vs Bubblegum was also better than I was expecting and I thought it was a good little match. Trav vs Hayes was decent, shame that my front row view meant that I could see Travis' foot under the ropes as he tapped out but never mind.

Enjoyable stuff, quality imports and I look forward to seeing what is announced for PCW in 2014 as I don't think I'll be heading back until the new year.

Davids vs LuFisto was shockingly good. I've not been a fan of Davids up to now, mainly because I can't stand man on woman matches (I just find it really hard to suspend my disbelief for them), but vs another female, she was great. The two knocked the hell out of each other in a really hard hitting match.

Another good PCW show. I really would have liked to have seen Elgin/Richards Vs Team Single at the Main Event which was the match of the night. No doubt about it and would have ended the show on a high note. What I really loved about it was it came across that both Elgin/Richards were having a fantastic time and you could tell they loved what they do. Also Richards has improved dramatically since the last time I've seen him, his selling, chemistry and just everything. I thought the Pope was great too, really fun match between him and Bubblegum. Dynamite/Richards was an absolute treat to watch.

Edited by Professor Paul's Bin

Robbie Dynamite is absolutely incredible. Hope we see him in November.

SHOULD be heading for the daytime and night time shows on night two. Got my tickets and bus and stuff. Still not 100% confirmed for the day off work, but I've been told it's more than likely. Might have pissed a lot of money up the wall, but fuck it. That's my risk to take.