The Preston City Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members

Since nobody else has, just thought I'd pop in concise results of the whole weekend, for those wondering (skits/angles not included).

FRIDAY NIGHT

(1) Kevin Steen won a four-corners over Kris Travis, Joey Hayes and Dean Allmark, pinning Travis after the Package Piledriver onto Hayes.

(2) Keith Myatt beat Johnny Kidd by submission with a half crab. *

(3) April Davids pinned Awesome Kong with a schoolboy after Kong was distracted by Bubblegum.

(4) Team Single & Bubblegum beat Hardcore Holly, D'Lo Brown & Dave Mastiff, Bubblegum pinning Mastiff after a piledriver from Rampage.

(5) Uhaa Nation pinned El Ligero after a standing Shooting Star press.

(6) Chris Masters & Dave Rayne beat Mad Man Manson & Danny Hope by stoppage, Manson throwing the towel in with Hope in the Masterlock.

(7) PCW Heavyweight Champion Lionheart pinned Noam Dar with a small package after he was distracted by Fludder in the aisle.

(8) Jushin Liger pinned Martin Kirby after a super brainbuster.

* This was promoted as World Of Sport rules but on the night was just a straight one fall match.

SATURDAY PRE SHOW

(1) Doug Williams beat Johnny Moss by submission with a bridging hammerlock.

(2) Uhaa Nation pinned Danny Hope after a standing Shooting Star press.

(3) D'Lo Brown pinned Hardcore Holly after a Sky High.

(4) Team Single & Bubblegum beat Mad Man Manson & Project Lucha by disqualification when Manson kicked Bubblegum in the balls.

(5) Noam Dar pinned Johnny Kidd with a sunset cutback cradle.

(6) Kris Travis pinned Kevin Steen after a Tiger driver.

SATURDAY NIGHT

(1) Doug Williams & Lionheart beat Noam Dar & Uhaa Nation when Lionheart pinned Dar.

(2) Hardcore Holly pinned Johnny Moss after the Alabama Slam.

(3) Dave Mastiff pinned Kevin Steen after a cannonball in the corner.

(4) Awesome Kong pinned Bubblegum after the Implant Buster.

(5) PCW Tag Team Champions Team Single beat Project Lucha, (IIRC) T-Bone pinning Kirby after a superbomb from Rampage.

(6) Dean Allmark pinned Jushin Liger with La Magistral cradle.

(7) Joey Hayes beat D'Lo Brown by disqualification when he tricked the ref into thinking D'Lo had deliberately kicked him in the balls. *

(8) Kris Travis beat Chris Masters in a Last Man Standing match.

* D'Lo was not originally booked for the evening show but subbed for Shannon Moore who did not appear for no announced reason. Not that he was missed.

Move of the weekend for me was Trav executed a springboard blind reverse rana on Steen seconds before the match-winning Tiger driver. The best line was Bubblegum informing Kong (who he was attempting to sweet-talk out of the match) that he didn't like to "skinny dip" and he preferred to "chunk dunk."

• Paid Members
Did anything happen during the afternoon show to explain why Doug and Lionheart were suddenly tagging together like bezzy mates even tthough they've spent the last few months fighting over the title?

No. Neither was there any particular dissension between them during the match. In fact Doug saved Lionheart (via Bomb Scare) from Dar's kneebar enabling Lionheart to capitalize and get the pin.

• Paid Members
really helps the atmosphere. The use of the big screens, to show the latest PC Fiction comedy show and a well-produced recap of the previous nights events before night 2's shows, illustrated how professional the promotion is becoming. The PC Fiction show in particular went down an absolute treat, fans were laughing their asses off. Those vids definitely have to become a regular feature before big shows - they're so unique. They're so well produced that they make the PCW guys look like bonafide larger than life stars. It's probably the closest thing to the now defunct Chikara type of humour.

Thanks man, we put loads of work into those things :D

The weekend was an absolute blast for us tbh. It was probably the most stress free weekend of filming we had to deal with because EVERYONE was absolutely sound. Bob Holly was a genuinely brilliant down to earth guy who well up for filming (got my book signed by him too). D-Lo Brown was an exceptionally cool man (who drank nothing buy Jack Daniels in shots at the after party as far as I can recall). Masters was awesome once again. That man is a phenomenal in ring worker. SoCal Val might be the most bubbly person we have ever worked with. Very nice person (and in person, stupidly hot).

For me Liger was the highlight. Seeing that entrance in person on Night 1 was a goosebump moment. Even better was after the show getting to just sit down and have a polite chat with him for about 20 minutes. He was one of the most nice, humble people I've ever met. A genuine thrill.

The shows were REALLY good this weekend. Everyone put a shift in, Uhaa Nation is particular really impressed me. His agility is incredible given his size. Like everyone else also, that bloody theme tune is lodged in my head. Great weekend.

• Paid Members
So what do you think are the chances of aj styles being at pce on dec 6th?

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I would suggest somewhere near 100%. Styles and Lionheart have already started having a pop on Twitter, and what I can tell of Fludder/PCW, Lionheart would not have been permitted to hint at wrestling Styles if it wasn't signed and sealed, and will be delivered at Festive Fury.

Of course, it's somewhat out of character for the weasel heel Lionheart to actually want a challenger of such calibre, so I expect on the night he will reveal that he actually meant somebody else and that his use of "phenomenal" was just a poor choice of words, he didn't mean he was wrestling Styles but just really rates his opponent, who turns out to be a letdown of Savio Vega proportions, only for whoever is in charge on the night to force Lionheart to wrestle AJ, who turned up after all.

Did anything happen during the afternoon show to explain why Doug and Lionheart were suddenly tagging together like bezzy mates even tthough they've spent the last few months fighting over the title?

I think the deal was whoever got the pin got to challenge for the PCW Title at the next show, but if Lionheart won, he got to choose his own challenger.

I suspect there may be a promo somewhere where Lionheart promises Doug the shot if Lionheart gets the pin or something along those lines.

• Paid Members
I suspect there may be a promo somewhere where Lionheart promises Doug the shot if Lionheart gets the pin or something along those lines.

What I love about PCW right now once you strip away the imports, is that everyone seems to have issues with everyone, so you can put together many different combinations and make it seem a big deal. Lionheart obviously is fending off Dar at the moment, Doug will clearly want another crack at Lionheart, Doug and Dar obviously still have something to prove to the other, Joey is lurking around with the briefcase, and of course, Joey vs Trav is the feud that never ends.

Speaking of Trav, I like that him beating Steen makes us expectant of their third match, even before he'd finished with Masters (Steen himself also realistically should be put in the ring with Mastiff again). What excites me most is that if Dar is the champion-in-waiting but Evoque seems to be somewhat "Trav's house" due to his run of tremendous hard-hitting matches, if you keep the pair of them apart for a while you could build towards a huge match down the road between the pair, hopefully for the belt.

I honestly can't remember the last time I was this excited about matches and storylines in a British fed to do with 100% British talent. Probably not since the days of Hampton Court and Buttercup.

Vader vs Dave Mastiff is announced for Festive Fury on the 6th December

tumblr_inline_mnulacTdqa1qz4rgp.gif

Wow, it's the match i'd hoped for so chuffed it's happening. All the better that i'll be going with my free raffle winning tickets :laugh: Anyone know if there's a meet and greet or anything with Vader?

Had a superb weekend in Preston both inside and outside of PCW. Both shows were top stuff with stand out matches on both shows which is what I thought would happen so pleased I did both. Great atmosphere as always, especially the first with some great crowd interaction without trying too hard. All the imports were great, especially the ones I hadn't seen before Uhaa (amazing music) and Steen, the latter probably being the man of the weekend for me. His involvement in the four way was great and his match vs Mastiff was top drawer. Holly and D'lo seemed to enjoy themselves which always makes imports like them more enjoyable to watch. Oh and So Cal Val just seemed lovely all round :love::laugh:.

Top matches for me were Mastiff vs Steen, Four Way, Tag titles, Uhaa vs Ligero and Liger vs Allmark. There was some stuff I didn't like such as the reverse booking of announced matches, Williams and Lionheart being mates, the screwy story in the night one title match but these are minor quibbles amongst an excellent weekend. Oh and those little videos before night 2 were very entertaining so kudos to all involved in those. Recap's of stuff that happened on previous nights/shows works well too.