Deathmatch Interest Thread 2 (NSFW)

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Do I want to watch this? How gross is it?

You'll never hang up a shirt again.

Nah, it's not too bad. The volume of blood is concerning, but it's not too dissimilar to what was pissing out of Joey Mercury's face after the ladder incident.

And in all fairness, that was a good promo.

2 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Nah, it's not too bad. The volume of blood is concerning, but it's not too dissimilar to what was pissing out of Joey Mercury's face after the ladder incident.

I watched it....arrgh!! Yeah. that was pretty fucked up.

2 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Or the amount of blood from Mox being in a side headlock seemingly 

21 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Yeah he's a nutter, even by deathmatch standards. I can see him being brought over for GCW or even FREEDOMS in Japan soon, he's getting hype around him.

He is? What sort of stuff has he done other than the coat hanger incident? 

1 minute ago, Vegeta said:

He is? What sort of stuff has he done other than the coat hanger incident? 

Probably the first bit of attention he got was in 2018 for a barefoot match where he set the ring on fire with a flaming guitar.. Blake covered it last year but it was already kinda well known.

I think most in the deathmatch scene will be aware of Alex Nibiev and it would be awesome to see him on a US show or in a tournament. At this point it must be a cost and/or logistics thing. I imagine flights aren't cheap and I'm not sure how easy it is to get into the US from Russia (purely for tourism, wink wink). 

It's pretty fucked up that Nibiev gets all the attention from that coat hanger incident and not the poor fella who had his head sliced up and lost pints of blood. 

IWA Deep South Carnage Cup XIII, 2023 - Second Round Matches

Warning: This review contains NSWF imagery. Please click away now, unless you are in  a comfortable and appropriate setting to proceed...

We began the second round with about 10 panes of glass (mostly shower door looking things) open scissor boards, acupuncture needle boards and other despicable instruments, set out around the hexagonal circle. Out came Little Sicko (sans face paint), but wearing a nail through his septum in a display of Juggalo Jewellery. Second combatant Obey chose the barefoot look for this panes of glass match. It just gives you a brief insight into the mindset, doesn't it? Bare feet for a broken glass match. Good shout, young man... Unfortunately, Obey's wide and baggy faux-pleather trousers somewhat obscured his uncovered hooves, so it may not have been obvious to the fans. I think I'd tape up the cuffs to really give visuals on it, if I was ever inclined to go to such extremes for the sake of shock entertainment. To be quite honest, I think I'd probably rather just not have glass shards embedded into the soles of my feet at all, but I digress...

image.thumb.png.1d4cc57c828601b4caf82af6360918a7.png

As per expectations, the mass of glass was brutally burst by battered bodies, with any semblance of sanity long in the rear view, by this point. A true "holy shit" moment occurred when Obey attempted to land a suplex onto a razor wire covered pane of glass on the outside, which was set up over two chairs. It wasn't so much the move itself (which is pretty much standard deathmatch fayre at this point), rather, the glass slipped off the chairs and Obey's back landed right across the upturned edge, with the additional weight of his opponent, mid suplex, adding force and torque to the impact (see below). A grimace inducing turn of events, to say the least. I was quite surprised that Obey was fit to carry on at all, following this near-guillotine execution spot. The boy was a trifle fortunate not to have been sawn in half, Debbie McGee style, after that unfortunate encounter. 

image.thumb.png.f1c08a55421bbce4e9f164d1cdefac2d.png

The war rolled on though, and was wrapped up nicely, when Little Sicko landed a clean Spanish fly on Obey. The move soared from the apron, through some glass set up over two chairs, to the floor. One, two, three. Thanks for coming. A good little match, was this. Butcherous at times, acrobatic at others (at least relative to the rest of the action in the tournament). Little Sicko actually showed me something here. He hit some sweet moves including a beautiful moonsault and the aforementioned Spanish fly. I'd like to see this kid in some more traditional technical / cruiserweight style matches. Although he's of slight build, he looks in okay shape for his size, and can throw himself around fairly well. 

Next up. Former Gypsy Joe invitational winner and 5 time Carnage Cup entrant Bryant Woods faced off with Blaine Evans in what was billed as the "Exorcist Deathmatch". In practice, this amounted to light tube crucifixes and tea light candles being the stipulated weaponry. Not all that much to say about this one really. The boys broke tubes over each others' bodies and brawled like best friends after too much poison whiskey. One spot saw Blaine take a bump into a large light tube crucifix which was covered in illuminated tea lights, only for one of the candles to somehow suction cup itself to the back of his hairless head. This was a unique and cool looking spot, if only an accidental one. 

image.thumb.png.783f4cb19d35908dcc2dec1fc5fda8b7.png

Victory once again landed with big Bryant Woods, after a battered and bloody Evans was disposed off through some glass. Reasonable contest here, nothing to write home about but an entertaining little scrap as far as Southern deathmatches go. Bryant Woods rolls on to the finals. 

image.thumb.png.e2244c10f2cf9e8779601530ea396a8e.png

Next match. Last year's Carnage Cup winner Chuey Martinez took on Brian White, in what I gather was a fans bring the weapons contest. And bring the weapons they surely did. There was (what looked like) an Incredible Hulk style glove adorned with massive nails, carpet strip crosses, and every kind of wrapped and spiked bat imaginable. Chuey pulled the house mic and, between sips of  beer, asked of the fans "who made this fucking shit?" (referring to the nail spiked glove). One of the loyal fans sheepishly took responsibility for the wretched utensil, and was offered a free t-shirt as a token of appreciation. Lovely stuff. 

The unceremonious beating commenced with the glove, aluminium trays, drawing pin bats, sawn off can bats, and everything in between. The action was mostly one sided with Chuey's wide arse firmly in the driver's seat. Chuey started laughing and chanting with the crowd, drawing some positive yet light hearted interaction (which had been absent in some of the earlier, more serious contests). This gave a sense of party atmosphere as various implements of degradation were used to draw blood and guts from poor old Brian White. 

image.thumb.png.e5b882c1c25030064c72dbdaf0710d23.png

You just get the feel that Chuey was having the time of his life out there; the guy really loves doing these matches and seems to not take himself (or the scene) too seriously. I think it was last year when he had his Mrs come out for a match with him, in which she just burst about 20 tubes over his head then took one bump for the finish. I don't think she was even a wrestler, as she looked quite uncomfortable bursting glass over her partner's face for "fun". Afterwards, Chuey encouraged the fans to cheer her efforts, but I don't think she enjoyed herself, judging on body language alone. I can't find the footage now, so anyone can correct me if I've misrepresented this. For the record, I don't think encouraging your lover into inter-gender light tube matches is necessarily a positive thing, but I feel that Chuey genuinely thought she'd enjoy the experience as he does. Once again, I digress... 

Where were we? Oh yes. Brian White was being beaten up with skin torn asunder by an assortment of home made horrors. To put some semblance of seal on the blood-curdling deal, Martinez tipped a whole load of what the commentators described as rubbing alcohol, salt and iodine over Brian's head and body, causing him to flail around in a considerable degree of discomfort. White was then repeatedly leathered with some kind of bat and laid out for the 3. Good match, fun match. A bit of a break from the edgelord vibe and into carnival spirit territory. A welcome change of pace. 

image.thumb.png.2635d3cf364f1b0fef8ebb1cd2ab6aed.png

Okay. Final match of the second round. Larry Legend billed this one as the "6 Corners of Death", which amounted to various trays containing sharp or corrosive materials designed to inflict pain (Christmas baubles, wooden toothpicks, salt, chopped lemons, tobasco sauce..... you get the idea). Our man Necro Butcher hobbled back out to the ring to some "I love the USA" country song, really keeping with the moonshine drenched spirit of this whacked out hick promotion. Necro was followed to the ring by Mexican Madman and 5 time IWA Mid South KOTDM entrant Sick Boy.

During the early going, Necro was slammed into the salty lemons after eating a light tube bundle across the back. Necro caught a gusher here, his spine streaming with vivid crimson. Once again, the action descended from the makeshift ring into the small crowd, colliding with parked up vehicles, camping chairs, and even emptying the contents of fans' beer coolers over each other's heads. An old school bar fight amassed, as the sun sank behind the trees of Hinkledale Road woods. 

image.thumb.png.60afacb2daca8a53b3268c0bd1ef9abd.png

There was a  recognisable "big match" feel to this one, (which I assumed would be the main event of day 1). Haymakers were traded as the daylight dipped, and lanterns, camera lighting and parked up vehicle high beams assumed responsibility for illuminating the action. The weary contestants eventually worked their way back to the 6 sided ring, where Necro snatched his ticket to the finals with a slam through a light tube board, followed up by a grapevined choke hold for the submission victory. Both men toasted and thanked the crowd after this one, and hobbled off into the sunset together, arms around shoulders. 

image.thumb.png.93f7d0f5beba3b7b3d82893fb7fabfbd.png

I sometimes wonder if Necro could have been a fringe mainstream success as some sort of redneck Cactus Jack or Chainsaw Charlie style character. He just moves differently. Winds up for punches more, draws more meaning into his work. I don't know, maybe not. At grassroots deathmatch level though, the guy is a legend. Great to see him still out there, generating gore and creating chaos in 2023. 

This felt like the natural conclusion of the action, as darkness fell over the grassy opening in the Tennessee trees. I felt like I'd had my 20 quid's worth for day 1 (I stumped up for the event like a respectable citizen). However, our man Larry Legend assumed the microphone and began hyping the crowd for the tournament finals, thanking those who switched on their vehicle headlights. More madness lay ahead. We would crown a winner in a 4 way elimination final before the night was through....

image.thumb.png.08e091951cb3aaee37f6516d768b5072.png

Once again old friends, I hope you've enjoyed this analysis. Please stay tuned for more murderous mayhem from the Deep South Carnage Cup weekend. 

Edited by Richie Freebird
Layout error

IWA Deep South Carnage Cup XIII, 2023 - Tournament Finals

Warning: This review contains NSWF imagery and tournament spoilers. Please click away now, unless you are in  a comfortable and appropriate setting to proceed...

Well, here we are. Under the cloak of darkness the tournament final arrived. A four way elimination, House of Glass light tube Deathmatch for the spoils of the Carnage Cup. Whilst working as fast as they could, the ring attendants took some time to assemble the stipulations around the ring. However, once the devilish construction was complete, the ring area looked quite the trashy, low rent spectacle...

image.thumb.png.0fc8116e64297d5b7605afcfcd6f6955.png

Finalists Bryant Woods, Chuey Martinez, Little Sicko and the legendary Necro Butcher all stumbled back out to the arena one last time, struggling their way through the light tube ropes to enter the theatre of combat. With the announcements out of the way, the action commenced. The bout felt a little crowded at first, with insufficient space and freedom in which to work. Bunches of punches transgressed into repeated and frequent light tube slashes as the chaos unravelled. Seriously, these boys were bursting fluros like they were going out of fashion. Tens of tubes lacerated craniums as the claustrophobic contest spiralled into a frenzied mess. 

Sicko and Necro escaped the confines of the ring and played razor boards on the outside. I don't think the fans could really see much at this point as they were on the blind side of the ring, and lighting was haphazard at best. Either way, the boys put in a shift and continued to crown each other with blades and shards in an outrageous display of consensual vulgarity. Fair play to the spirit on display here. The guys went wild for this final match up. 

image.thumb.png.5d033d86c9aeee3c437e0325c34b2473.png

The first elimination occurred when big Bryant Woods hit a flying rock bottom on Chuey Martinez, off the apron through a light tube contraption on the outside. A good spot, a good spectacle and a worthy elimination, this. The carnivorous carnival continued as numbers dwindled to three. Still high from eliminating Chuey, a hyped up, gesticulating Woods stepped back through the ropes and planted the Butcher with a big boot and lariat. Out of nowhere though, the ref counted 3 and Necro was out of there. In contrast to the previous, this elimination did not feel special. There was no build and the fans did not react. The 3 count seemed rather untimely and unexpected. Regardless, this cover paved the way for the final encounter. Like Van Damme vs Bolo... we were down to the final two. 

Upon recommencement of the action, Sicko got slapped with a series of heavy duty lariats. After the blindsiding of Necro's elimination, I feared this would be it. However, there was more to come yet. Little Sicko got half way up, screaming at Woods, begging him to bring it on. Almost reminiscent of Flair putting up the dukes before Michael's kicked his head off at Mania, several years ago. Not quite on the same scale here, but it was nice to see a wrestler trying to put some real emotion into this final. Building that David vs Goliath aesthetic. Woods was more than happy to oblige the challenge, smashing tons of glass into Sicko's torn up face, before slamming him through a log cabin in the centre of the blood red hexagon. Some fuckery ensued and it appeared the ref had counted a 3. A real stench of anti climax arose, and within a few seconds the announcer declared that the final would continue. It was all a miscommunication after all. Phew. 

The final two crawled and brawled over to a rented U-Haul truck, presumably used to drag the ring out to this urine soaked hell hole. Once the camera spotted a double stacked light tube and chair contraption set up in front of the truck, you knew what was coming. Not quite Zandig and Mondo, but not too far off. The big man literally punched Little Sicko up a ladder and onto the roof of the truck. 

At this point, I stepped back and imagined the guys in the Tennessee U-Haul rentals office stumbling across this degrading insanity online. Blacklisting the fuck out of whoever forked out for the trailer. Someone was going to be explaining fresh dents and bloodstains, come Monday. The daydream quickly evaporated though, as the blood splattered warriors regained a vertical base atop the wagon, with what little life force they had left. 

image.thumb.png.a80bc81e4eb5be16dd4bc065ebd756e5.png

Then it happened. Woods gripped hold of Sicko's blood drenched frame. Hoisted the smaller guy up.... Excuse me. Off the top, through the glass, and into the abhorrent, gory wreckage below. Crimson everywhere. Sicko rolled out of the sharp mess and shot a superb sell job, looking legitimately broken by the impact of the fall. Shock and awe. We were getting the fitting finish we deserved after all. Bryant crawled free of the splattered shards and draped himself over for the cover. One. Two. Its over. Ring the damned bell. What a finish, what a match. What started off as a crowded and confined mess, concluded in a superb deathmatch climax.

image.thumb.png.be8310f3afd23ff2bdc4bf704f32023f.png

image.thumb.png.73cd1dadd4cbfdf423f186869d16136c.png

Oh, and apparently this was all for the Deep South belt. I don't think this was mentioned beforehand. Regardless, the belt added some garnish to the visuals as the victorious Woods picked himself up to celebrate. Great finish. Love it. 

image.thumb.png.fa5c3c5301c2645e85c0e17a8ebdeae7.png

I don't really like to criticise in my reviews, but I feel that having two singles-semis to set up a one on one final would have been a more fitting conclusion (though that would have meant four matches each if they were determined to wrap the the whole thing up on day 1). I see the logic in the building drama of an elimination match, but I feel Little Sicko would have had a lot more to give in a singles story from the start. The boy impressed me throughout. Of all wrestlers on display here, he is the one that left me wanting more. Criticisms aside, this was a worthy entry into the chronicles of the most filthy tournament of them all. When all was said and done, it felt great to be back. 

My friends, I hope you've enjoyed this round up of the tournament final. Please stay tuned for day 2 action from the Deep South Carnage Cup weekend. 

Edited by Richie Freebird
Formatting

• Richie Freebird changed the title to Deathmatch Interest Thread 2 (NSFW)
16 hours ago, Richie Freebird said:

I think it was last year when he had his Mrs come out for a match with him

This is correct. I think she wrestler as something like Miz Feit, or some other weird spelling of Misfit. I'm sure she must have been a replacement for somebody and not the original plan.

Also agree that it was a shame Necro never did anything more mainstream. I think TNA missed a trick not bringing him in for a short run post-The Wrestler. Imagine Necro Butcher vs Kurt Angle!

• Paid Members

Necro had a great match with Low-Ki around the same time as the Joe match, too, and those two matches definitely kicked off a brief period of him being brought into non-deathmatch promotions in the hope of capturing some of that magic - he even had a few matches in CHIKARA.

Between that and The Wrestler, I think in another time he'd have had a brief run somewhere - kind of like his ROH stuff, on a grander scale - but there just wasn't really a spot for him at the time. The WWE of 2008-10 was never going to touch him, whereas if he was around at that level now he might have had a one-off in AEW, there might have been more opportunities for him.