WWE Payback Discussion Thread

The consensus seems to be that he's been rushed back against his best wishes.I've read in a lot of places that he's been betrayed by Lesnar refusing point blank to do more dates. They thought after they gave him 2 more years, on improved terms, he would do a least a TV show a month. Smartly, he's told them to get fucked.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone see the weird Heyman/Punk encounter on wwe.com: http://www.wwe.com/videos/cm-punk-has-a-ta...6-2013-26123862"Just be my friend. Please."

There was about a month long period when Triple H returned in 2002 where he was a face with his heel wife Stephanie. They were together from when he got back a few weeks before the Rumble until they broke up at their wedding vow renewal ceremony thing. You can definitely get away with a male face/female heel couple for a couple of weeks, as long as the guy eventually gets wise to her and ditches her in spectacular fashion. If its a case of what you said, where she ditches him because she is a champion and he is a loser, then it would castrate him.

Nah, if she does it tonight, she's the bad sod for kicking him when he's down. Him going around doing her bidding for the next few weeks would be worse, I reckon.

I did have a chuckle at myself during the early part of the Punk/Y2J match, Punk was clearly in one his "I can't be arsed" moods. Things picked up though and I can't really fault his performance overall. My only criticism of the match was that it was too finisher heavy. Was like a Kurt Angle match. Jericho's really killed the Codebreaker as a believable finisher. Still, enjoyed it.Shame on the funny cunt in the crowd with the "I'm a Benoit boy" shirt on.

• Moderators

Has there ever been a babyface man/heel woman couple in wrestling? I'm drawing a blank. I know you get the reverse all the time, but doing it this way seems like it castrates the bloke a bit.

There was about a month long period when Triple H returned in 2002 where he was a face with his heel wife Stephanie. They were together from when he got back a few weeks before the Rumble until they broke up at their wedding vow renewal ceremony thing. You can definitely get away with a male face/female heel couple for a couple of weeks, as long as the guy eventually gets wise to her and ditches her in spectacular fashion. If its a case of what you said, where she ditches him because she is a champion and he is a loser, then it would castrate him.
It's realistic, I'd say. How many good friends have you got that have a right fucking heel for a missus? I can think of quite a few, personally speaking.

An enjoyable ppv overall. People are raving about Punk match and it was good but not near his Mania match though. But the best match for me was Del Rio and Ziggler. The psychology of it was great - you hated Del Rio for nailing DZ repeatedly in the head and you had real sympathy for Dolph. I am really intrigued with this storyline and where it goes. It does make you wonder what they will do with AJ and Big E.

The storylines out of Payback makes me look forward to Raw and Money in the Bank now

I don't know if this is a spoiler but

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The rumours are that Daniel Bryan is meant to be challenging Cena for the WWE Title at MITB

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I didnt think Punk looked in bad shape or fitness wise, his beard is hit or miss but least he tries to shake up his look but I guess he doesnt always get it right, The match was great but as others have said kinda lacked a reason or meaning but when its that good who cares.If Punk is going face and against heyman it would be cool if Lesnar appeared on Raw and attacked Punk taking him off tv til the Build up to SummerSlam (if the rumoured match is more than a rumour) and Punk can finish his break then comeback as a all out face with a clear cut plan.Del Rio vs Ziggler was good and the double turn was well done, Ziggler losing the belt should lead to a good story of the him working to getting it back, he could be a great face without to much change to his character like a modern HBK of sorts.Ryback vs Cena was good, it was like a simple Attitude Era style match which works well now and again these days.

• Paid Members

I really want to see Del Rio vs Ziggler now.It does seem a massive shame and a waste Punk has been brought back now. The Jericho thing was just so nothing. When they first started the angle with Jericho, I interpreted the angle going as Jericho and over a couple of months others pushing Heymans buttons continually questioning him - 'So, where exactly is Punk, Paul? Huh? Huh!?! Do you even know?' And Heyman reacting by attempting to blag his way through it, responding with a load of elaborate, transparent lies each time, making it clear he'd lost his hold on Punk and Punk had ignored his contact, before Punk unexpectedly to (to Heyman) returns somewhere (like SummerSlam) which I quite liked the idea of really.

I really want to see Del Rio vs Ziggler now.It does seem a massive shame and a waste Punk has been brought back now. The Jericho thing was just so nothing. When they first started the angle with Jericho, I interpreted the angle going as Jericho and over a couple of months others pushing Heymans buttons continually questioning him - 'So, where exactly is Punk, Paul? Huh? Huh!?! Do you even know?' And Heyman reacting by attempting to blag his way through it, responding with a load of elaborate, transparent lies each time, making it clear he'd lost his hold on Punk and Punk had ignored his contact, before Punk unexpectedly to (to Heyman) returns somewhere (like SummerSlam) which I quite liked the idea of really.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10yoje_w...=2#.Ub9boPk3v04 7.20 onwards.http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10yons_w...rt#.Ub9b6_k3v04 Part 2 here.

Archived