WWE Payback Discussion Thread

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fell asleep during the tag title match, so missed the end of that and the main event. Everything else I thought was tremendous.Kane vs. Dean Ambrose was probably the "worst" match on the show, the Divas match was even great, helped by a crowd that gave a shit. Great crowd too.I wasn't watching when the RVD bit came on, so when I heard the crowd chanting RVD RVD in the next match at first I thought they were gonna be one of those types of crowds, chanting random names, then a tweet was shown on the screen, and I realised what I'd missed.Del Rio vs. Ziggler was the best match I saw...never thought Del Rio was going to win, especially the way he did.Really looking forward to Raw, and MITB!

I don't think enough praise is being heaped on the triple threat match. It was tremendous.I, generally, have a pretty strict 'oh, it's Barrett and Miz? I better fast forward!' but this was a belter. Miz, in particular, was on fire.It's a shame Axel pulls such goofy faces.

• Paid Members

The consensus seems to be that he's been rushed back against his best wishes.I've read in a lot of places that he's been betrayed by Lesnar refusing point blank to do more dates. They thought after they gave him 2 more years, on improved terms, he would do a least a TV show a month. Smartly, he's told them to get fucked.

I bet that's total internet bullshit.

I don't think enough praise is being heaped on the triple threat match. It was tremendous.I, generally, have a pretty strict 'oh, it's Barrett and Miz? I better fast forward!' but this was a belter. Miz, in particular, was on fire.It's a shame Axel pulls such goofy faces.

I praised it! It was the best thing on the PPV for me, by some distance as well really. Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase said it was their favourite match on the show too.

In my head, in order to explain last night, Punk has to have been dragged back early. If that's the case there has to be a reason why.Either that or there's only two other options; Punk knew he was coming back here all along and is a bit of a lazy turd for not doing lots of ring work in preparation or they told him he could have 4 months to his face, but behind his back were like '4 months off work? Who does he think he is? The silly nob!'.I don't like either option.

There was no way they were going to do a Chicago pay-per-view without him. He'd have known that as well. He might have thought he wasn't going to be expected to wrestle on it, though. Given the way he left after WrestleMania, it was plausible that they could've built up a "we're finally gonna hear from CM Punk" bit for the PPV instead of a match. Maybe that was the plan.

• Paid Members

He never got anywhere near all of his contracted dates last year did he? Good thing as well. Lesnar's the sort of guy whose limitations make him far better as a very special attraction. If he was there every week, the aura would go quick.

Also, if you have big names on shows, you have to promote them heavily to let everyone know they are there. And if you spend a load of money on advertising and spend money on the performance fee (not including the bonuses from the buyrate itself), even a company as big as WWE aren't going to make your money back. Or you find yourself in situation where the buy rate is up, but with the added costs you make less than you would if Lesnar or Rock wasn't on it. That's why you only see the special attractions on shows big shows unless they have to be on it to progress or end a storyline (like Extreme Rules).

• Paid Members

Is Punk definitely back full time then? This might just be a one off untill he comes back properly in a few months.I wish they would just give Ryback the fucking belt, outside of a match with Bryan what else is there for Cena to do as Champ?Good show though. I would say I enjoyed the opener and the womens match the most, suprisingly. Also I could watch Roman Reigns clotheslines people all day long and never get bored, his diving apron punch is just beautiful.

Did Del Rio Go Too Far?Currently, 61% of fans think not.

Hmm interesting. I didnt quite grasp the double turn last night (due to the fact I wasnt paying full attention to the Del Rio-Ziggler match and the fact I had been up watching the Stanley Cup game the night before as well) but when he came out to do the promo I took it as the Chicago crowd shitting on the face. I wonder if this double turn will actually go the full way now or not.

Archived