Original gimmicks

Wendell Cooley

Horace Hogan. He was the first man to do "to be honest I'm just here because I'm Hulk Hogan's nephew" and nobody has tried to copy the original since knowing that they would surely fail to match his authenticity.

Chavo did a good job of it

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Pogo The Clown. First child molester. Once did a series of skits knocking about a playground, kidnapping a child and then shoveling dirt over a blue hand.When I say first molester, I mean as a gimmick. There have been plenty real live versions living the gimmick.

That was basically John Wayne Gacy though wasnt it?
Yeah, but to put him into the world was wrestling was quite original/tasteless.

Horace Hogan. He was the first man to do "to be honest I'm just here because I'm Hulk Hogan's nephew" and nobody has tried to copy the original since knowing that they would surely fail to match his authenticity.

Chavo is doing a good job of it
Edited.

I'm probably missing someone really obvious but has there ever been a gambler gimmick. I've always thought it would be pretty cool to have a slick ass gambler who flicks a coin to decide an opponents fate or does some fancy shuffling whilst cutting promos and what not but it seems too obvious to not have been done.

Was Nailz the first convict gimmick? (Again, plenty of wrestlers adopted it into their shoot gimmick.)Memphis jabroni

, who seemed to be playing some sort of Lovecraftian space creature turned natural force, is surely the only one of his type.

The Undertaker: probably the best gimmick ever created. I know it has been tweaked over the years, but has any one stand alone gimmick had the mileage that, that has???? 'Crow' Sting: Okay I know it was a 'movie' ripoff but the whole dark, in the rafters, non speaking avenger thing had never been done beforeAbdullah the Butcher: People really believed he was a Sudanese lunatic, when in reality he was a soft spoken Canadian dude. Warrior: Say what you will, but no one, wore tassles, painted there face like that and then behaved like an absolute lunatic. Like he did. Superstar Billy Graham: The 'look', the 'promo's', he was 20 years ahead of his time. Got totally copied by Hogan and Steiner amongst others, but he did it first7Road Warriors: Again imitated by many, but back in 84-85, no one had ever seen anything like these guysVampiro (in Mexico) - back then no one looked, dressed or acted like that. Its totally watered down now and imitated, but back in his day Vampiro in mexico really was something elseMr McMahon: Okay so its probably a legit amped up version of Vince himself, and its been imitated many times, however he was the first real 'evil' boss

Archived