Let's talk FWA

Herne's Son

• Paid Members

Didn't they hint at him and Katie Lea being brother and sister and possibly some nobbing on the side Pitcos? It got dumped pretty quickly but a reputation for sister fiddling even in the deep south of America is unlikely to get the reaction you desire.

They were meant to be brother and sister (or half brother and sister, I forget), but there was no mention or implication of them having any romantic entanglement. Their whole act was nowhere near as interesting as that, they were just a crap sibling unit. They might have even been step siblings, to explain why they sounded so different. His German accent would've probably been more convincing than her English accent.

Didn't they hint at him and Katie Lea being brother and sister and possibly some nobbing on the side Pitcos? It got dumped pretty quickly but a reputation for sister fiddling even in the deep south of America is unlikely to get the reaction you desire.

Worked for Cruel Intentions (the film, not the FWA event). Edited by TheShowOff

• Paid Members

There were the tiniest hints of it, when they very first debuted. Katie Lea draping herself somewhat suggestive around Paul, things like that.

I recall an in-ring promo where she described him as "my BEAUTIFUL brother", with the word "beautiful" lingered on deliberately.

• Moderators

Yeah, their first one or two appearances together on RAW had that undercurrent, hence the good push for them as families fucking on TV is seemingly McMahon's wet dream. But then that went and before you know it he's no longer doing curb stomps on RAW but jobbing for Mario Mancini on ECW.And probably more importantly, big in the FWA is not big in WWE. He just looked like a 6'2, 240 pounder. That's massive in Broxbourne, fuck all in the WWE.

Edited by PowerButchi

Did Mark Sloane ever do a shoot interview or write a book? That'd be a very interesting story would love to hear his dreams when starting the FWA and how he felt about his baby basically being taken off him.

That's the thing, while FWA was the pinnicle for some people, it was their peak and it defines them - it was their "book" so to speak, with me - while significant, FWA was a small chapter in my life/story/career/journey etc. It doesn't define me and more importantly I am not deluded enough to think that my thoughts and memories should cost anybody finanically. With the advent of podcasts and streaming video these things can be made available for free. In reality the rambled thoughts, wild inaccuracies, rose tinted, factually incorrect memories might make interesting reading but I am not one to throw people who I used to call my friends under a bus for a 69p download. I was never one to pretend to shake hands, or smile and falsify that I was friends with people but we were all in it for what believed may have lead somewhere at the time and that created a bond and a fondness from the majority of those helped build FWA and I wouldn't sell out that friendship for less than a price of a dairy milk. All of those involved in the FWA that are content in their lives, have moved on, it was a great/interesting/harsh/incredible experience when we all look back, so many unanswered questions and even more untruths, a fair few in this thread unsurprisingly, but we all learnt so much and while there are a million stories to tell, the true story of FWA would make a HELL of a DVD, but the only way it would ever happen is if we ALL sat down and made the definitive DVD, you know! little things like checking facts and interviewing the people that matter. Do you want to hear from the guy who made 2 or 3 shows or the Butler who tore the roof off broxbourne? The story of standing on the outside pretending to be a part of it or the harsh reality of being in the thick of it? It's a great story when the whole truth is told and one that shouldn't be soured or taken lightly. It would cast a whole different light on the FWA....FWA wasn't about kool aid, backstabbing, trainees in the front row. It was about a large group of people striving to do something with Wrestling in this country and would stop at nothing to try and gain that. The story of the stuggle, the personalities, the friendship and the achievements is a fair greater story and if people like myself, Alex, Elisar, Dino and the majority of the roster hadn't moved on to do bigger (or better) things then there probably would be a "Rise and Fall of FWA" type deal but the man hours to made a documentary that would do it all justice is something that none of the core team can muster at this time. The story of being so close to a terristral TV deal, the huge mistakes that cost the company dearly and the major accomplishments which nobody knows about is really a story that should be told. But only if done right. Anyway, after reading the above you can see a book, that doesn't come with a free grammer & spell checker might be a bad idea and as for a shoot interview? You can all have a free personal shoot interview if you see me at a show or something, if I am not busy, then say hello, I am always happy to chat about all things wrestling and i'll be more than happy to answer questions :)

What I want to know is, what happened to Jewish Darren? He always used to be around that scene. Not sure if he worked FWA shows or not though. I remember topics about him on TWO, seemed like a nice chap.

He wrestled a fair bit afterwards as Tex Benedict and he was training at LDN for a little while when working for them. Last I heard he'd moved to the USA I think and possibly even gotten married.He was a really top bloke, one of the nicest guys I met while training years ago.
Aww, well thanks guys. Retired, married and indeed living in the good ol' US of A.In all honesty, I was merely an FWA fan, and part time trainee with them for a few years. I think I may have been on one or two shows, but this was much later in the FWA process, when sadly it was a on a down turn. I do remember heading to many many FWA shows, and still consider this a golden age in modern British Wrestling. So many great shows, and eye-opening performances.Broxbourne was one of my favorite venues to watch shows at, and had a special feel as a fan for a long time. My favorite FWA memory has to be THAT balcony jump....you all know the one. I was literally 3 seats away from Jody when he made the jump, and if you ever get to see the video, I am looking totally miserable (teenage angst i have no doubts). In my head though, I was marking out like a little baby!The FWA was a great period of time in modern British Wrestling!

Great post and attitude Mark. Fuck me, it's Jewish Darren who I remember having chats with at various wrestling shows (not just FWA) around Mark Petar's VHS / TV combo. So you're actually living in the USA? I have a lague memory (could be wrong) but didn't you do some sort of "USA loyalist" gimmick at some point? Around 2003?

Great post and attitude Mark. Fuck me, it's Jewish Darren who I remember having chats with at various wrestling shows (not just FWA) around Mark Petar's VHS / TV combo. So you're actually living in the USA? I have a lague memory (could be wrong) but didn't you do some sort of "USA loyalist" gimmick at some point? Around 2003?

Yeah, my gimmick for most of my "career" was an American...living the gimmick!

• Paid Members

You weren

You weren