Let's talk FWA

Herne's Son

• Moderators

So, two Kindle sales left then...

Stop being a knob.
I don't see you taking the high ground when others have been doing a lot of childish baiting...
Seriously, shut up. You're shit and close to being banned. So stop being a prick or find another forum.

So what did happen to James Tighe? IMO he stole the show at FOH with Paul London, he was well built for British wrestling. I know FWA jumped the gun with him putting him with Doug so soon after, booked on the day as a replacement, and I don't think people were ready for that. And he had words with Jonny Storm (or rather Jonny had words with James...) for a blown spot in a match in Broxbourne (IIRC), the show right after FOH, which didn't bode well for him. He just seemed to drop well off the radar. Last I heard he was doing IPW:UK dates and I remember seeing photos of him with a much softer physique. Also, 5 Star Flash, he seemed destined to be a name on the circuit due to his build and looks, and the crowds loved his flashy moves. But he fizzled out to nowhere. This thread needs Kid Kash and King Slim for their photos.

Edited by TheShowOff

I thought Burchill would definitely conquer all in the US, but when he got to WWE he was really, really... average.

To be fair, he was always going to be a big fish in a small pond, especially when his wings were capped and he wasn't able to do Spanish Fly's and other things that made him stand out. The truth is, he looked bigger in the FWA than he would in WWE due to the tiny ring, the tiny opponents... You put him in a 20ft ring with William Regal, suddenly "He's the exact same size as Brock Lesnar" which went around at the time, gets exposed for exactly what it was.

I thought Burchill would definitely conquer all in the US, but when he got to WWE he was really, really... average.

Burchill's one of those Emperor's New Clothes guys from the mid-2000s. Him, Conway, Brent Albright, one of the Bashams. Talked up to the nines by people before they debuted, then turned up and they were just shit. Nick Dinsmore would've been the same if he hadn't come up with the Eugene character.

• Paid Members

They should have stuck with the pirate thing, I liked that. With that exception he was the blandest, most nondescript and underwhelming thing on TV for a while.I remember him on some WWE UK show in Birmingham and even the fact he was British couldn't cut the apathy from every single person in the building.

To be fair, he was always going to be a big fish in a small pond, especially when his wings were capped and he wasn't able to do Spanish Fly's and other things that made him stand out. The truth is, he looked bigger in the FWA than he would in WWE due to the tiny ring, the tiny opponents... You put him in a 20ft ring with William Regal, suddenly "He's the exact same size as Brock Lesnar" which went around at the time, gets exposed for exactly what it was.
Burchill was a big guy. As his career progressed he bcame a lot leaner so when he did get to WWE he was just a slightly above average build of wrestler.

It'd be cool if someone did a "where are they now?" article on the FWA, a lot of talents just seemed to vanish and it'd be cool to hear their feelings looking back on it all.Did Mark Sloane ever do a shoot interview or write a book? That'd be a very interesting story would love to hear his dreams when starting the FWA and how he felt about his baby basically being taken off him.