Raw Discussion 15/04/2013

Callum1993

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just don't get this beating the champs every week thing. No one gets momentum, no one stands out, nothings compelling.

At least that way, R- Truth deserves a title shot. Kofi just got one. The problem is, there's too many titles. They could do to do away with two of the singles titles, for me.

I just don't get this beating the champs every week thing. No one gets momentum, no one stands out, nothings compelling.

At least that way, R- Truth deserves a title shot. Kofi just got one. The problem is, there's too many titles. They could do to do away with two of the singles titles, for me.

Did they not mention that Kofi beat Cesaro on Smackdown to get the Title shot?

Thought Raw was okay last night, was never going to be as great as last week and sadly the crowd went back to the normal same as always crowd which was obvious in their lame hearted attempt at trying to Fandango but just being a mumble compared to last week's crowd.

On a note about the actual show I was happy to see Brock there and his quick clothesline to Slater was awesome. A cage match between Triple H and Brock also has me excited, I like the idea of this over a no dq match. Well tht is hoping that it'll be escape only, not a big fan of pinfalls in cage matches.

Punk's promo was awesome, no messing around blaming anyone, nothing like that, he basically said he had nothing else he can do, seemed like a guy who has just been at the top of the world and then lost it all. He's done everything he possibly can do, lost everything and now having done it already he is burnt out and just feeling sorry for himself now that he has realised there are some things he can't do, such as beat the streak but everything he can do he's done. So yeah I reckon he'll take time off, tend to injuries and then when he returns he'll be fresh again and he'll feel like a fresh face after a few months away.

I kinda like the idea of heel Ryback, he's got that monster look and I reckon a heel Ryback is better than a face Ryback. Also made me laugh seeing two little problems in the last promo, when it quickly flicked to The Shield getting ready in the back whilst Ryback and Cena were still talking, that must have been a mistake. But also after The Shield destroyed Cena and were standing over him and Ryback is stood on the ramp right at the end of the show. The Shield are stood over Cena playing to the crowd and Cena looks up and shouts to them "look at Ryback" and then goes back to pretending he is in agony whilst they all look over to the ramp where Ryback is.

Out of all the ways to carry on Fandangos momentum, they picked the absolute worst way that couldnt work. Having Jerry Lawler basically explain to the crowd that they are now supposed to sing his song just ruined the fun. Trying to get the crowd involved just looked awful when it backfired too.

No idea why Kofi beat Cesaro. Why give someone a long title run if there is no climax at the end? Where was the chase?

As much as I dont want Punk to go (he is one of the only reason I still even watch WWE,) it was a good way to bow out for a little bit. It also leaves him to return as a face or heel, hopefully they will have something good for him to do when he is back.

I like the idea of ass kicking heel Ryback, that would work. Bitter coward heel Ryback doesn't sound appealing, but I'll give it a chance and see how it plays out

• Paid Members

Not a fan of this weeks Raw. Raw hasn't done it for me since this new writer took over in March. The build to WrestleMania was really shit, and this episode of Raw was so counter productive in terms of what they built up last week. Beating Dolph Ziggler was probably the WWE's way of saying "we've given you the belt because we had no idea what to do with the briefcase, but you are still a loser in our eyes". Poor sod looked like the biggest afterthought last night. It would be a shame if it wasn't quite amusing. He was just hanging out in the background while Del Rio and Swagger did their thing and later on in the night he put Swagger over. It just looks like they are going for a three way, where the injured Del Rio pulls one out of the bag and beats Swagger and Ziggler with a broken ankle.

Fandango has turned into a name spouting nothing act in the space of a week. Looking at it, it could be the worst thing for him last week. Instead of organically letting the gimmick grow like they had been doing, he is now likely to get shoved down our throats. Its an odd balance. He doesn't do much to be hated and he is to annoying to be a face. It looks to much like a fun gimmick to hate, but his promos are designed to get under your skin. The audience didn't react to his stuff last night because (contrary a the vocal smart fans in attendance last week), the regular audience doesn't know enough about him to have much of an opinion on him. I would like them to drop the idea that every fan believes he is an established act and continue the way they were going pre-WrestleMania. Which I doubt they will, but still. I dont care if you are the Rock or Dino Bravo, shoving someone down the fans throat never ends well.

I absolutely fucking despised the Ryback video. It might just be me, because I've read that a few people liked it, but it wasn't for me. I dont care if it was well produced (it was), if it was something different (it was) and it made sense (it did). His delivery was horrid. He looked like he was doing the facial exercises that they used to do on TV AM years ago when he was speaking. Ryback is fucked. I said it months ago. You can beat people a lot if they have it in them to work their way out of it. But you cant beat someone like Ryback because he's got no verbal skills and (depending on the road agent in charge of his match) can't actually do much in the ring. And now the "Feed Me More" gimmick is gone, which was the only thing separating him from being the second coming of Kurrgan The Interrogator. This poor bastard is on his arse. Especially now the purpose of his heel turn is to put Cena over for the next couple of months. Lesnar was great though. I had to fast forward it to see how he got outside the ring so fast to hit that clothesline on Health Slater. Looked excellent. The Punk thing was interesting. They could actually do Lesnar vs Punk at SummerSlam, looking at how they set it up.

I laughed out loud when I saw it was PTP vs Hell No. Again. It's just fucking laughable. And pointless. It does nothing for either of them. There are a few other jobbing tag teams out there - Primo and Epico, The Usos, Team Fat Dancer - just vary it up a bit, for fuck's sake. They've even done the same fucking finish about three times in a row.

Ziggler losing had me swearing at the telly. I bet he though the days of him jobbing out to any and every fucker were behind him, and yet... fuck that shit. Rubbish.

Quite enjoyed Ryback's promo. He had much better delivery on this piece to camera than he has done on any of his in ring bits. When he talks in the ring, he seems to need to take about 5 extra breaths per sentence compared to a normal person, and it makes him sound a bit slow.

Magical stuff cutting to the shield backstage for a few seconds, followed by King's truly desperate attempt to cover it up by going "was that who I thought it was?" Ooh, I dunno!

It struck me last night, that it's been months since they fired the head writer; yet there has been zero variation in the way they [fail to] build feuds, they still have endless non-title matches the invariably lead to fuck all happening, nothing has changed in the way they do storylines. So really, what's the point? Why have a head writer if what they do makes no difference? I know that certain plans are in place months ahead of time, but there should have been a noticeable difference in the weekly output when the head fucking writer got fired.

I thought the Ryback segment was decent, certainly better than him being in the ring live talking. But, yeah, he shouldn't be talking at all. Neither should he be backing away from Cena for that matter, just like Every Other Guy. Ryback was always fucked.

Hell, I'm gonna miss Punk. Raw's only half as fun without him. It isn't all that good with him.

Archived