8/4/13 Raw discussion *pre show spoilers*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
You fuckers clearly haven't watched much TNA recently.

Who has?

Fair point.

RVD never fails to get a reaction from the people. Any time he's made returns to WWE in the past the crowd have always popped huge for him. The dude is over. Right now I think they could do with as many people like that as possible.

Right, but his matches over the last couple of years have been awful. He wrestles in slow motion, barely looks arsed and never gels with anyone. They don't need THAT right now. It could be a motivational thing, and he might get his arse in gear for WWE money, but he looks pretty broken down to me. He'll get a decent return pop, sure, but that'll go away when he gets in the ring.

This all sounds like good fun. I wonder if Rock's hurt himself a bit and wanted to bugger off rather than risk any further injuries ahead of whatever else he's got coming up? Just like last year, he looked completely bollocksed in there against a fitness machine in Cena, so it wouldn't surprise me if something got torn or damaged during the match.

I like the "It doesn't sound like Rock" talk as if we're all his mates too. He could be a right cunt backstage for all we really know, shouting at catering to bring scotch eggs to his dressing room first, or playfully-yet-aggressively chatting up Fandango only to whisper that if he goes to the fucking media about it, that Jericho match will be his last, and if he goes to Vince he'll be blackballed from any form of entertainment forever.

You never know, you know?

But anyway, I like these sorts of tales ahead of a Raw, even if nothing sneaks its way onto the show that implies any major issues whatsoever. If it all is true though, I bet HHH is pissing his pants laughing about it. Going over Brock Lesnar convincingly last night, and probably taking the higher ground to the boys when his personal and professional career nemesis swans off home before shooting a big angle. It's good to be Hunter right now.

To me, Extreme Rules should be Lesnar/Cena 2 (well, 3, but, you know), with Lesnar wanting to avenge last year's loss one year on, and Cena determined to protect the title (and thus, the power in the company) from the raging mercenary. Cena wins clean with a no-pressure-kimura, natch.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I thought Cena -Brock would be a sensible thing to headline Extreme Rules initially. Good chance that could still happen and there's easy ways round making it happen.

I'm probably reading something into nothing but it looked to me like Rock weren't feeling how the ending played out last night. After the initial handshake bit and he was left alone in the ring he looked really reluctant before going into the 'thank you's' and 'I love you's'. Although I may just be misreading him playing gutment and dejected well. The thank you's and I love you's themselves though came across like "this is me for a bit now, I've done what I was brought back for, not sure when I'll see you guys again, if ever. Cheers for everything." He may have decided just that, go out on a relative high still and having done the job he came back to do having not yet agreed to anything further.

The Rock's 2013 has been pretty subpar. Two forgettable PPVs with Punk and a Cena re-match that didn't live up to expectations. His only saving grace was that he found his groove again on the mic after stumbling in the WM28 buildup.

We had our nostalgia hit and "dream matches", Rock can go home now. From a product quality standpoint, he has nothing positive left to contribute. Get Austin in for Mania 30, it's been ages for him.

The fundamental flaw and downfall of what The Rock has done is the booking of his character. Feuds are so bloody tame and limited with the part timers these days (Taker, HHH, Rock and Lesnar) as they will only participate in angles/promos rather than matches which I feel the feuds are really suffering from. I personally would like to blame creative for the absolute shambles and lack of reason to care about the three main events at Mania. You can argue that they save the wrestling for the PPV to increase the monthly buys but I'd disagree. I feel it can add more depth to storylines and make RAW seem more unpredictable. It's a shame as this is a major aspect why I rarely watch the weekly show.

Also RVD would be nice for a return until he puts in some lazy and sloppy performances. I can imagine Big Show Vs Randy Orton Vs Sheamus set up for Extreme Rules. Probably in a cage match I could imagine. Actually sounds like a good match that.

Official line is an injury apparently. PWInsider don't seem convinced. Can understand him missing raw if he was injured but surely he'd of told WWE etc and not just gone home. Looking forward to the fall out from this.

• Paid Members

Only just remembered about the post-match stuff last night, where he definitely seemed to be saying a goodbye of some sort.

I'm not fussed about Rock/Brock but that's mainly because of Brock more than him. What I don't understand though is people saying last night's match sucked and how he's probably embarrassed about it. I thought it was a good match and I really enjoyed the Punk PPV matches as well.

As someone has already said, he's more than done his bit over the last 3 or four months for them. Hopefully it's a miscommunication. Let's not forget too that this is the company that initially forgot that his contract expired in 2004/5. Maybe this is a similar thing. Should be interesting to see what they go with now though.

• Paid Members

Did anyone else notice a moment in the match where it did look like he started limping a little bit, like he felt his hamstring tighten up or something? An injury isn't out of the question. He's not built for wrestling long matches these days.

• Paid Members

Think he actually tore his hamstring last year. I'm not sure how common hamstring injuries are in wrestling but I've heard of instances like that before in 'Mania main events. Probably a similar thing.

Am I the only one who really enjoyed Rock/Cena II? Most of the 'net reaction seems pretty negative. I get that people are hacked off with Cena winning and didn't like the respect-fest at the end, but I thought the match itself was mint!

Archived