Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

Update on the theory that Loki posited yesterday, which may add to it's credence.

Girl in mid 20's, not long had baby, savvy, intelligent and otherwise normal. Posts and shares twitter pic naming 'Person X' as a dog baiter/ Dog Fighter in Sheffield, and commenting how evil they are as a result.

Mention to her that what's she has posted is libel as she has, and aside from this tweet, no proof that 'Person X' does this and is accusing them of all sorts on top because of the dog thing . I get a diatribe back via PM about 'It is TRUE, I've seen it on the internet, and am from the area ( as if that some how adds to the gravitas????). The person I shared it from wouldn't make it up. You don't know what you are talking about' and then unfriended me.

It seems no one is actually bothered if finding out what they've posted is true or not. What is important, is that they've made their point by posting it in the first place and their concious is sated. How utterly bizarre!

It's like the Spam E-mails of the late 1990's which had all kinds of urban myths, legends and made up Darwin Awards etc, never happened as it's usually from these where the Facebook myths come from. I wouldnt mind but the people sharing them would have come into contact with many of these at the time and have at least shown that they are net savvy in the past.

As people are ignoring seeking out the truth, I'm going to suggest we set up a UKFF Western Union address for transfers so that 'Brother Numsie' can get his $100million dollar fortune unlocked :laugh:

That bloody Back To The Future 2 'THIS IS THE DAY THEY GO FORWARD TO!' thing is making its way around my feed AGAIN today. Hoping people will stop thinking about it once we get past the actual date it was.

I just opened this topic to say the same thing.

tumblr_m6d9ep24Od1qbr080o1_500.jpg

These pop up on my feed with a different date photoshopped in to it at least 3 or 4 times a year.

And I'm sure my mate's wife who shared the photo today shared the same thing last year!

As for attention to detail, if you're talking about where Marty goes to the future, at least find a photo of him from that scene! Amateurs.

Yeah I had that a couple of years ago when someone at work showed it to me. It goes

Past - 1955, Present - 1985, Future - 2015, i.e. 30 years either side, whoever heard of going 27 years into the future. It also got chock full of people who think Nike own some kind of copyright on self tying laces and have done since BTTF2 came out and they are launching them on the date in the film. Utter bollocks of course but people will believe anything it seems

• Paid Members
Latest in the shitty hoax facebook updates,

The story about contact lenses melting from being to close to a BBQ.

Should be safe in January then.

Alas no, reading on you should never wear them while cooking......this girl went blind!

"21 year old girl had worn a pair of contact lenses during a barbecue party. While barbecuing she stared at the fire charcoals continuously for 2-3 minutes.

After a few minutes, She started to scream for help and moved rapidly, jumping up and down. No one in the party knew why she was doing this. Then she was admitted into the hospital, and the doctor said she'll be blind permanently because of the contact lenses that she had worn.

Contact lenses are made by plastics, and the heat from the charcoal melted her contact lenses.

DO NOT WEAR CONTACT LENSES WHERE OVERHEATING and FLAMES are concerned or while COOKING!"

Ugh all this time i have been taking so many chances!

• Paid Members

I have two people who have just shared the ' two people died because they drank from a can of coke........which was covered in rat piss SHARE AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU WANT THEM TO LIVE' it's like people just got the internet for Christmas or something.

I also have a friend who's wife cheated on him and seems to be documenting the whole thing on Facebook. Luckily the whole thing is being conveniently summed up with smileys, 'she doesn't deserve you Hun' and 'feeling unsure' status'

I've seen a few women share photos of 'missing' kids with comments like "so sad please share xx". Now there's nothing wrong with using social media to help find missing people but when a quick google search reveals said children were re-united with their family a few years ago then I can't help but think these folk are a bit simple.

Why was she staring at the flames for 2-3 minutes anyway close enough to melt the contact lenses? Surely her face would be burning too and that's before you get on to the whole "Why's a woman that close to a BBQ anyway as it's the domain of a man and a man ONLY?!" point...

I've seen a few women share photos of 'missing' kids with comments like "so sad please share xx". Now there's nothing wrong with using social media to help find missing people but when a quick google search reveals said children were re-united with their family a few years ago then I can't help but think these folk are a bit simple.

I remember a few months back there was one of those "this child has been kidnapped in the Surrey area" going around, with details of the supposed car that snatched her. A few of my friends who lived in that area posted it up, and after a quick Google search, turns out that not only was it fake, but that there was an official Tweet from the local constabulary basically telling people from Surrey not to spread the frikking post around.

In fact you can read about it here: http://www.hoax-slayer.com/lilly-snatched-...ey-rumour.shtml

• Paid Members

I remember a few months back there was one of those "this child has been kidnapped in the Surrey area" going around, with details of the supposed car that snatched her. A few of my friends who lived in that area posted it up, and after a quick Google search, turns out that not only was it fake, but that there was an official Tweet from the local constabulary basically telling people from Surrey not to spread the frikking post around.

In fact you can read about it here: http://www.hoax-slayer.com/lilly-snatched-...ey-rumour.shtml

Thats the kinds shit im talking about! some poor sob is driving around happy as larry all the time his numberplate is being posted on facebook and he is being called a child snatcher/pervert/devil. Some one will end up being beaten to a pulp for stuff like this.

Thats the kinds shit im talking about! some poor sob is driving around happy as larry all the time his numberplate is being posted on facebook and he is being called a child snatcher/pervert/devil. Some one will end up being beaten to a pulp for stuff like this.

That was probably the idea. The guy owes someone money, or cheated on his GF so the injured party calls him a nonce on the internet out of spite.

I see these kind of claims put out by the EDL and friends too, usually with the words "seen being snatched by MUSLIMS"

It's always bollocks.

• Paid Members

That was probably the idea. The guy owes someone money, or cheated on his GF so the injured party calls him a nonce on the internet out of spite.

I see these kind of claims put out by the EDL and friends too, usually with the words "seen being snatched by MUSLIMS"

It's always bollocks.

"snatched by muslims" :laugh: I always wonder if someone stopped them asked what religion they where, then allowed them to carry on snatching