Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Mumsnet is just a massive room full of all the type of women you see at work endlessly nattering on about their annoying kids like they're the only ones who've had them. Anyone who isn't like that must have their head absolutely farting if they visit it.

• Paid Members
On ‎06‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:32 PM, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Bet he didn't have it reported either

Absolutely didn't.

On the halal thing, I'm a filthy veggie, but it always annoys me when people try and make animal rights' arguments against Halal slaughter. Presumably they think a regular slaughterhouse is a lovely relaxing day out for the pigs. Just admit that you don't like them Muslims instead of trying to dress it up with loftier concerns, you're not fooling anyone anyway.

• Moderators

Iit's not unreasonable that people could have genuine concerns about halal slaughter compared to normal methods. Although most do, a significant minority of halal slaughterhouses don't stun the animals.

And throwing in kosher is just bullshit - it's not widely available and advertised at all. I've never seen it anywhere except is specificly Jewish areas. Their methods are undoubtedly less humane though, as they don't allow stunning of the animals full stop.

Not every attack on Islamic practices is a veiled attack on all Muslims.

Yeah but this is Facebook.  The ones who post about halal do so in the majority to attack Muslims.  There is a world of difference between criticising Islam and criticising Muslims.  I believe the last RSPCA study showed 8% didn't involve stunning in halal slaughter but how many opposing it on Facebook know that, or refuse to believe it when pointed out?

using kosher is to highlight hypocrisy, as does when the halal campaigners mention having a curry or a kebab.  Yes there are legitimate concerns with Islamic practice but I'd say the majority on Facebook use it as a stick to beat Muslims with. If they genuinely gave a shit, they wouldn't eat meat.

• Paid Members

I've seen kosher food available in most London supermarkets, regardless of whether or not there's a Jewish community in the area. 

And I agree with Keith. One can argue using the face-value evidence, but that's kind of the point being argued: that genuine concerns regarding animal welfare are being subverted and used as a Trojan horse to get anti-Muslim racism through the back door and give said racists plausible deniability when called out on it.

• Moderators

Fair points. I think the whole point of the Trojan horse is that it went in the front door, though :p

Disagree with your statement that 'if they gave a shit they wouldn't eat meat at all' though, Keith.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

1 minute ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Fair points. I think the whole point of the Trojan horse is that it went in the front door, though :p

Unless it was a female horse, then it had to enter via a side door because they don't allow men and women to mix.  

Again anecdotal, maybe I need new friends, but I notice those ban the burqa types say so on the grounds of female oppression, then also post those "A gentleman looks after his lady" type gubbins.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Grrr, outsmarted on classics, the shame. You win this round, ya softy blanco-drinker. *shakes fist*