Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

Sarcasm needs some sort of indicator. On social media, when I read a post like "I was on the bus and a bloke was attacking a gay lesbian muslim in an aqualung, and then our 2 month old stood on a chair and said 'I smite ye in the name of social justice', and then a mighty crowd appeared and gave us the medals that they got at the end of Star Wars", I like to reply with a little mug of beer emoji, which my friends know means "chinny reckon".

People have started using /s at the end of their posts a bit recently.

BTW, your example reminds me of my favourite internet post ever. http://i.imgur.com/Foe5PPT.png

Edited by Undefeated Steak

Sarcasm needs some sort of indicator. On social media, when I read a post like "I was on the bus and a bloke was attacking a gay lesbian muslim in an aqualung, and then our 2 month old stood on a chair and said 'I smite ye in the name of social justice', and then a mighty crowd appeared and gave us the medals that they got at the end of Star Wars", I like to reply with a little mug of beer emoji, which my friends know means "chinny reckon".

People have started using /s at the end of their posts a bit recently.

BTW, your example reminds me of my favourite internet post ever. http://i.imgur.com/Foe5PPT.png

Is that the bloke you posted about before who was catfishing people or something? That was hilarious.

It is, Slapnut! When it was all unravelling it's honestly still the best thing I've seen on the internet.

Some guy (David Masters) was pretending to be a girl to get nudes from guys and underage girls and got caught out when he posted from his own twitter by mistake. He then said the catfish account was his girlfriend.

"Masters claims this was his legendary girlfriend, who has previously been white and Asian at the same time, as well as living both in London and Korea. 

The girl in this profile is Latin American, from Canada and lives in Boston."

The full thread is still here (the guy was David Masters/Mast McScrooge/The Mast etc... Kara De Costa was the name of the imaginary girl he was catfishing as) http://www.otbva.com/forum/david-masters-london-has-sexually-harassed-t58061.html

Edited by Undefeated Steak

• Awards Moderator

It's a shame when people on Facebook usually post good stuff, but every so often post something that makes you want to block them… even though you don't the rest of the time.

I'd like Facebook to develop some sort of innovation where people could tag what kind of post they're making. "Pictures of food I've made", "I'm on holiday", "what I'm watching on telly", "kids", "meme reposts" etc. "Ultraleft political rant" would be the first one blocked.

• Paid Members

One of the last things I did before coming off FB, was seeing an old school friend, [who used to be alright back then], posting about "9/11 was an inside job". I instantly groaned and unfriended them. 

because you hate people who speak the truth?

• Paid Members

One of the last things I did before coming off FB, was seeing an old school friend, [who used to be alright back then], posting about "9/11 was an inside job". I instantly groaned and unfriended them.

I know what you mean, it was only yesterday a friend said "0.818181818181". I said, "surely you mean 1.22222222222". He said, "it's definitely 0.818181818181".

Things like that divide friendships. Sad really.

I know what you mean, it was only yesterday a friend said "0.818181818181". I said, "surely you mean 1.22222222222". He said, "it's definitely 0.818181818181".

Was he trying to ring Going Live?

0181 811 8181. Will never forget it

• Paid Members

0181 811 8181. Will never forget it

I remember when it was 081 811 81 81, the early years

My cousin can fuck right off.

She posted a status this morning claiming she'd been accepted onto Come Dine with Me, and being the slightly rotund gourmet type who likes cooking I could well believe it and liked the post.

I very rarely go in for liking statuses but it seemed like a big thing for her so there it was. 20 minutes later I get this private message:

No luck buddy . You shouldn't have liked or commented on my last status Hahaha! Now you have to pick from one of the below and post it as your status. This is the 2016 Breast Cancer Awareness game. Don't be a spoil sport. Pick your poison from one of these and post it as your status.

1. Just found a squirrel in my car!

2. Just used my kids to get out of a speeding ticket.

3. How do you get rid of foot fungus?

4. All of my bras are missing!

5. I think I just accepted a marriage proposal online?!

6. I've decided to stop wearing underwear.

7. It's confirmed I'm going to be a mommy/daddy.

8. Just won a chance audition on America's got talent!

9. I've been accepted on master chef.

10. I'm getting a pet monkey!

11. I just peed myself!

12. Really thinking about getting butt implants!

13. Just won 700 on a scratcher!

14. We're moving to Vermont at the end of the year!

15. Mayonnaise on Reese's peanut butter cups is sooo good!

16. I've just been accepted on come dine with me whoop whoop.

Post with no explanations. Sorry, I fell for it too. 1f602.pngLooking forward to your post. Ahhh don't ruin it. (Don't let the secret out).

And remember it's all for the 2016 Breast Cancer Awareness."

Go Pink!!

Otto! You've let the secret out!  Surely you'll now be visited by a dead 11 year old girl during the night?!

I'm running a social media awareness course for childcare organisations at the minute and the amount of stuff people have found on Facebook that is just an extension of old poison pen/chain letters is incredible.  Last course of 19 people, 18 used Facebook and all of them had been sent at least one of these things.