Facebook updates that blow your mind

SpursRiot2012

Slapnut's sister is 18 — shouldn't she be allowed to throw money (preferably her own, though obviously not in this case) away if she wanted to?

She should by law, but based on her personality and mental age (admittedly due to learning difficulties), she most definitely shouldn't.

I think I might be done with Facebook. Just had an argument, first in years on there, with a guy who I respect. He posted an image of an Asian man with the lines "I want you to change all your customs to accommodate my sensitivities. If you don't then you are a racist" he's claiming sarcasm despite the fact the photo was posted by an American group whose website constantly posts anti-Muslim political propoganda. Others have weighed in and have said I'm the racist because I called this group Right Wing.

• Paid Members

over 10h at the amazing kings mill hospitle i had xrays and skans blood tiners bin tret like a pece of skum and told they dont no y or whats rong just like 2 years ago gave me some flucloxacillin and just go to your gp if it dont work yer i was so so pisst but whantd to go home so ask if they can call me a taxi to get home u wood think they will bec i cannot get about but no but thats not the best got back finly then mum told my y ive bin in hostpitle they stopt my money evan tho my sick note got like 2 more weeks till it runs out so im haveing a lovely day what do u think i shud do lol bec ive not got a leg to stand on bec my knee fuck and now lets say god help who piss me off next bec ive got fuck all holding me back now they all going to see im the nastis when crost bec i can not take any more

This is the ranting of someone that has ignored doctors advice for the last 15+ years that he needed to lose weight and eat more than just microwave meals, kebabs and crisps because the doctors were just fat-shaming him. His health is now fucked and he's not even 30 yet.

He's followed this up with a short post about listening to some chill out music, and has posted a link to a YouTube video of Israel Kamakawiwoʻole as an example.

Granted, he has a soothing voice, but it's somewhat inappropriate as Kamakawiwoʻole died as a result of his morbid obesity.

Edited by Nostalgia Nonce

• Moderators

I think I might be done with Facebook. Just had an argument, first in years on there, with a guy who I respect. He posted an image of an Asian man with the lines "I want you to change all your customs to accommodate my sensitivities. If you don't then you are a racist" he's claiming sarcasm despite the fact the photo was posted by an American group whose website constantly posts anti-Muslim political propoganda. Others have weighed in and have said I'm the racist because I called this group Right Wing.

Clearly the problem here is your friends, not Facebook.

Possibly, although only the guy making the original post is on my friends list. I'm thinking of unfollowing everyone except close family and friends. Was helping my mum with her Facebook last night and hers was a 50/50 split of pictures and updates from people she cares about and news sites. It was great.

Saw that very post this morning, from someone I've always respected and gotten on fine with for years. My heart sank.