The Wit and Wisdom of Bobby Heenan

PowerButchi

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was ace when Hogan turned heel... basically saying "I told you so." Completely conistant with the character

That was fine but what really bugged me was beforehand when he said 'But whose side is he on?' That's the only time I've ever thought he should just've kept quiet, at least until the actual turn.

Survivor Series '93-

'HEY STU, WAKE UP!!'

(Camera cuts to a close up of Helen Hart crying when Bret and Owen argue)

Heenan: 'Oh no, they're gonna re-possess my teeth!'.

Vince: 'Stop it, Bobby!'

you missed the quite aside, where Heenan goes BOTH OF EM!

• Paid Members

Heenan's only ever saying anything kind when defending heels never got old, such as this sequence:

Nailz: "I'm gonna beat you within an inch of your life and this time, I'm gonna finish the job! You're gonna learn what it's like to serve hard time! I was an innocent man! I was put there for crimes I did not do!"

Heenan: "Couple of parking tickets he forgot to pay, that's all it was. Then they kept beating him and working him over."

Vince McMahon (sarcastically): "And it was on Mother's Day, and he was driving his mom's car, right?"

Heenan: "No, he went into a florist's shop to get his mom some flowers. They put the ticket on his car, the wind blew it off, and he didn't even know he got a ticket!"

Anyone read Heenan's book?

The first one, his bio, is a good read. The second one (Chairshots and Other Obstacles) isn't worth touching; it's sort of a self-help book.

• Paid Members
I've never been in to any WWE pre 1996 but the one I'll always remember Heenan for was at Wrestlemania 17:

"By the time the Iron Sheik gets to the ring it'll be Wrestlemania 38!"

Still makes me laugh.

He was gold during that whole match. When they were showing Sgt Slaughter promo footage, he said something like "Of course, Slaughter's firing blanks now".

EDIT: And when he called Okerlund "Tony" at the beginning!

EDIT 2: Sod it,

He was ace when Hogan turned heel... basically saying "I told you so." Completely conistant with the character

That was fine but what really bugged me was beforehand when he said 'But whose side is he on?' That's the only time I've ever thought he should just've kept quiet, at least until the actual turn.

Problem is, the few who were involved in the angle had kept it completely secret - no one knew who the third member was. Of course Heenan asked that question; he didn't know it was going to be Hogan either.

And I doubt anyone watching reply thought there was any chance hogan was there to help the outsiders, and would have shrugged it off as Heenan having his usual dig at hogan

Problem is, the few who were involved in the angle had kept it completely secret - no one knew who the third member was. Of course Heenan asked that question; he didn't know it was going to be Hogan either.

Hogan said in his interview with "the voice" Michael Schiavello that bobby saying that really bugged him.

Archived