DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently 3 - The Final Insult

Devon Malcolm

• Awards Moderator

Fucking hell, Fury Road is something special. I'm not sure I've ever seen such a balls to the wall action epic that keeps up that kind of pace for such prolonged periods. Can't wait to see it again.

Just got back from seeing it. It's incredible - exhausting, breathtaking non-stop action. My film of the year so far. Brilliant. Well worth forking out the extra cash to see it in IMAX, too.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

I saw Fury Road opening night. If heard the hype from the early reviews and it ruined it for me. I think the cinematography and stunts are amazing. But it felt it was missing something. I'd have given it a solid 7/10 whilst the world gives it 11. I definitely want to re-watch it again but I'll wait for the 3d Blu. I saw it in 2d and that was fine,but can see it being fun in 3d at times

• Paid Members

Saw Fury Road. Obviously it was fantastic. What a film. It was a glorious reminder of how proper pacing, character, real stakes and practical effects and stunts can result in beautiful action movie making. A stone cold classic and one of the most insane over the top in a good way films ever. Hopefully other blockbusters learn from this that you don't need every movie to have "the whole of the world rests in the balance" plots to have excitement and tension.

First time I have came into this thread to post as I saw Fury road tonight, I had no idea what even most of the film was about but it was fun, action packed & just a brilliant watch. Such a random film with all kinds of wacky in it but some of the stunts were stunning and it felt like something totally different to your average film which makes this unique (reminds me of Sin City in that regard). 

Echo the love for Mad Max. Just a really fun, exciting film that barely slows down in its 2 hours and never drags. Builds up a number of strong characters in that time and many others behind them. Tempted to go and see it again.

Edited by Van Dammer

• Awards Moderator

Went to see Tomorrowland yesterday. Really enjoyed it. It made a change to see a big effects film that was so positive and colourful and had so much imagination in it. The first half especially is really fun. Worth seeing if you want a bit of optimism and jetpacks. Worth taking the kids to if you've got any.

• Paid Members

I also saw Tomorrowland and enjoy it quite a bit. I gave it a solid 8 out of 10. However, I think the marketing has been terrible and it's likely to do John Carter levels of business (another underrated film if you ask me)

Mad Max: Fury Road

Think I'm actually speechless tbh, there are so many superlatives I want to throw out but everyone has heard them.

Think 'OMFG' will have to sum it up. It's just a non stop pounding to the senses, like being hit in the head over again and being told to get back up.

I came out of the cinema just flabbergasted and still am. The effects were beyond amazing, the attention to detail was just fucking mind blowing, it's incredible that they actually made this.

The sandstorm effects and the nuclear weather were spectacular. The vehicles are some of the most insane ive ever seen, how the hell did Miller think of all this.

I did find Max's 'accent' a tad off putting, but nothing to really gripe about.

Need to see it again soon. Please for all that's holy let there be a sequel.

I need to go see it again next week, i feel like ive still missed half the movie lol, there was sooooo much to try and take in.

I went again to see Mad Max the following night (went the first time with my mates and had to drag the misses along this time) and enjoyed the film much more on its second viewing and understood it a little bit more than the first.

I'm sure I have read they are thinking of two more films or have enough material for two more. But by far the best film I have seen at the big screen in a very long time. Mind blowing in that it has just about everything in it. Still feeling amazed by it a week later and after two viewings.