When you consider the work Borash has done in the UK (getting various TV shows done) the network they're on (and the stuff they've invested) to lose fans is quite the achievement, but after years of being lied to it's not a surprise so many people have decided enough is enough.  

TNA's problem over here is that it doesn't appeal to the masses because its not WWE, and there is so much more content available to hardcore fans of varying degrees.   Even if they were knocking it out of the park creatively, I still think they'd struggle.  

They had a good couple of years, they out did the WWE in ratings (to be expected because of the network, but you still need to draw the viewer in), they were having good tours being well attended, building up multiple shows on TV (including UK only shows) and the relationship between UK fans and TNA was great, so things were heading in the right direction. The UK was keeping the company going.  

Now the ratings are crap. (To the point they aren't making the top 10 on challenge anymore)

OI tna have had plenty of money off me I flew to the states 3 times once for a weekly PPV in Nashville once for bound for glory 08 and again a few years back at universal

Not to mention every going to Liverpool/Manchester/Glasgow for the U.K. Tour shows

You just know that the hold up in negotiations is - as it has been since almost selling to Jarrett and Toby Keith ages ago - going to be down to some condition about keeping Dixie as a television character. I feel like she'd rather the company went under than carry on without her on TV.

• Moderators

OI tna have had plenty of money off me I flew to the states 3 times once for a weekly PPV in Nashville once for bound for glory 08 and again a few years back at universal

Not to mention every going to Liverpool/Manchester/Glasgow for the U.K. Tour shows

So it's ok to pirate now because you've been to see then about 10 times over 14 years. I'll try that at my local football clue for a free season ticket.

Fucking hell, TNA's had a lot of these false finishes hasn't it?! I still remember the death rattles when it was only available online, and even when it got hoofed off Spike the other year, and yet here we are, on course to make it to Christmas 2016 at very least. It's remarkable that money is constantly found at the last minute to bail out something of seemingly so little value.

Unless TNA owned the Airline that you flew with, that's not really "plenty of money" from you.

Edited by bobby dazzler

They own the trademarks and most of the seats inside the plane. Unless Ron and Don Harris put the money up though it's not leaving the ground.

• Paid Members

I went to a couple of TNA events in Manchester with Mr Raid and another friend. One year was just a house show. No storylines etc, just the guys wrestling. It was a great show. The British Invasion worked heel because they were no match for Beer Money & Ric Flair. The year after if i recall Had Roode Vs Joe and was headlined by Bully Ray in a Liverpool shirt which was also a cracking match then we attended some tapings and the atmosphere was brilliant, but once we watched them back on TV we saw they'd ruined the show in the editing. Aries & Roode won the tag belts that night and the whole arena gave them a well-deserved standing ovation and arguably the pop of the night, but the whole crowd for the show was pretty much muted and the camera angles prevented anybody from seeing it. I know it's not the indignity of that producer coming out telling them to cheer the good guys and boo the bad guys, but when your fans are paying to be a part of the TV show at least acknowledge them. I think this was also the time when they were filming from Manchester and using establishing shots of Tower Bridge etc. It felt like a huge kick in the teeth for the fans. I don't think I've watched an episode since then.

So the money they found, has that cleared their debts or just given them enough to run more shows? I don't see the point in borrowing more money unless they think the next three months worth of TV tapings are going to get them out of the red? It is just delaying the inevitable.

Corgan has had to pay certain wrestlers out of his own pocket because TNA were six months behind and had no money to pay them. Is Dixie resolving those issues or just ignoring it and getting more money for tapings?

Fucking hell, TNA's had a lot of these false finishes hasn't it?! I still remember the death rattles when it was only available online, and even when it got hoofed off Spike the other year, and yet here we are, on course to make it to Christmas 2016 at very least. It's remarkable that money is constantly found at the last minute to bail out something of seemingly so little value.

The money's clearly come from her parents, which is smart from them as the longer they keep her away from wrecking their company the better.

It's the company that won't die. I honestly fear what for condition it's in when it finally does shut it's doors.

• Paid Members

So the money they found, has that cleared their debts or just given them enough to run more shows?

Just added to the debt. If they've found another money backer that's someone else they owe. Aroluxe, The Fight Network and Billy Corgan are all owed money, racking up to a few million. But at least they've got another month or two to try and sort all this out now. Someone is going to have to buy it or Dixie will have to file bankruptcy, because she cant do this forever.

This isnt like they do the money lending in advance either. Corgan said last week the ink is drying when the show starts. Its a proper last minute job.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

What could they possible do in the next two months to even make a dent in their debt? The debts outweigh the value of the tape library, so the company is literally worthless

Panda Energy probably just like having a black hole they can throw money into for tax evasion

So the money they found, has that cleared their debts or just given them enough to run more shows? I don't see the point in borrowing more money unless they think the next three months worth of TV tapings are going to get them out of the red? It is just delaying the inevitable.

Corgan has had to pay certain wrestlers out of his own pocket because TNA were six months behind and had no money to pay them. Is Dixie resolving those issues or just ignoring it and getting more money for tapings?

So many questions, but she doesn't have time to comment on speculation (god knows what she does when the company isn't taping). Where's the money been for the last few shows where Corgan had to put up the $?

She says she cares about the talent, but clearly not. Be interesting to know what sort of money she's getting from the company, remember the tales of the Ireland Hotel a few years back?