Why did the WWE get rid of Lashley? He looks an absolute beast (in the not sexual way).

He also had some heat with Michael Hayes, who allegedly used to refer to Lashley as "Choc Lesnar"

I'm betting on wrestleuk being the mystery beifactor, what with all the money he's saved supporting TNA through illegal streaming

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Has hulk hogan had his gawker money yet? For some reason I expected to wake up this morning to the news that he was the new owner of tna.

Has Hogan ever spent his own money promoting a show? I know hes been involved in other companies but I've always assumed he makes sure he gets his pay day 

Has hulk hogan had his gawker money yet? For some reason I expected to wake up this morning to the news that he was the new owner of tna.

Why? (Although it is wrestling). 

His main guy in wrestling is suing the company for non-payment issues. 

Edited by Buzz Lightyear

• Paid Members

Onto the PPV for a second, that Hardy Boyz match was awesome. They got the Impact Zone rocking, which I've long thought was impossible these days. When Jeff turned into Willow during the pre-taped portion you could hear the crowd pop as if Stone Cold just walked out. Its absolutely mental, but fun to watch. And when they do the pre-taped stuff, it shuts Josh and Pope up, which is amazing. This was supposedly TNA's WrestleMania, but you didnt get the feeling it was until the Hardy Boyz came out. Its so weird, there was a genuine sense of that "here we go!" feeling when they came out. It reminded me of the Hogan vs Sting match, where it was such a break of the normal TNA shite, it felt special.

Everything else wasnt up to much. Gail Kim's Hall of Fame was nicely done, even if they went a bit over the top on the tributes. Sting and Kurt Angle didnt get the carpet rolled out like she did here. And DJ Z has a tremendous outfit (I'll be stunned if he's not in WWE next year). But you only really need to watch the Hardys match.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Has Hogan ever spent his own money promoting a show? I know hes been involved in other companies but I've always assumed he makes sure he gets his pay day

He had that Hulkamania tour just before he went to TNA, didn't he? They ran shows in a few places, including Australia and he main evented them with the not-long 'retired' Ric Flair. All his boys got a payday- Brutus, the Nasties, Jimmy Hart. Possibly Duggan too iirc.

The ring he had was bloody nice. I'm assuming it was his money as it was promoted as 'Hulkamamia wrestling', but you know what wrestlers are like, so probably not.

When you consider the work Borash has done in the UK (getting various TV shows done) the network they're on (and the stuff they've invested) to lose fans is quite the achievement, but after years of being lied to it's not a surprise so many people have decided enough is enough.  

TNA's problem over here is that it doesn't appeal to the masses because its not WWE, and there is so much more content available to hardcore fans of varying degrees.   Even if they were knocking it out of the park creatively, I still think they'd struggle.  

• Paid Members

Hogan doesnt put money into wrestling. That was an Australian promotion who paid him $250,000 a match and lost his arse on it.

Ha! Fucking hell, he really is king of the carnies isn't he. Just read it was a four-show tour so in theory he got a cool $1m. Attendance was 5,000. That Australian bloke got absolutely buggered on that one.

Edited by PunkStep