I'm pretty sure both those "spoliers" are nothing of the sort and just someone taking the piss as they not only read different from all the ones I have read but the PPV mention in the first one isn't until 2016.

Nope, completely real, unless last night's tapings were made up too.

Sorry about that I shouldn't have put as little faith as I did into TNA's booking :/

Though that said the tapings do feel sort of surreal even when watched.

another thought on last night's taping. Well, an announcement that happened about something on tonight's taping.

so, Bobby Roode has been tagging with Austin Aries as a team called 'The Dirty Heels'. Aries has gone and Roode beat up Spud because it was his fault for some reason. No idea why, but Spud is a face so battering him was quite a heelish thing to do.

At last night's taping, Roode won the KOTM title (originally held by Jarrett who declared he would take it to GFW IIRC) and was also announced as part of Team TNA (the face team) in the battle for control Lethal Lockdown match.

Would a heel turn costing Team TNA the match be too obvious?  The man who eventually destroyed TNA was their longest reigning former World Champion.  

Or am I over thinking TNA's booking here?

Roode's not part of Team TNA. The announced Team TNA was Lashley, Galloway and the Wolves.

Plus if you read all the spoilers, he's also lost the title now too.

The at bit of utterly mental rubbish has came at the last two nights of tapings:

First-

Trever Lee & Brian Myers (formally Curt Hawkins) defeated The Wolves to win the TNA Tag Team titles after Karen Jarrett cashed in Magnus' Feast Or Fired breifcase

Then at the next taping-

The Wolves beat Trevor Lee & Brian Myers to regain the TNA Tag Team titles. This is The Wolves fifth run with the tag belts

Just fucking kill it already

MVP was fired for not doing their lawyers' work, according to the Observer:

"The situation regarding MVP is that TNA actually fired him over the Hernandez situation. Although we had heard he was thinking of leaving before he was fired, the decision was definitely made by TNA. He took the heat internally since it was his idea to bring Hernandez in. Shouldn’t it be the lawyers who are there to figure out if a guy has a release and if TNA can legally sign him, not the talent or somebody coming up with the creative?"

Edited by sj5522

Reckon TNA are deliberately their shows God-awful and ridiculous so GWF looks better by comparison, or is that giving them too much credit? 

That would be GFW who announce a hostile takeover one week and then lose a winner takes all match the week after - yep, they're definitely looking strong with this booking. On GFW's involvement, I get the idea that TV exposure is helpful for them but surely being made to look worse than TNA is not really going to help establish them? A one-off deal to do a HoF induction for Jarrett would've been enough really if they felt an absolute need to do something.

And what is the point of EY (or anyone for that matter) defecting if it isnt going to affect the result? pointless overbooking, no reason they couldn't have had a 5th GFW person in that team. Even if it was Magnus. Hopefully it will all make more sense/look better on TV than it does reading spoilers but I doubt it.

• Paid Members

Reckon TNA are deliberately their shows God-awful and ridiculous so GWF looks better by comparison, or is that giving them too much credit? 

No, because that would be extremely stupid and counter productive. Only an idiot would do that.

Hmmm...

on second thoughts...

That would be GFW who announce a hostile takeover one week and then lose a winner takes all match the week after - yep, they're definitely looking strong with this booking. On GFW's involvement, I get the idea that TV exposure is helpful for them but surely being made to look worse than TNA is not really going to help establish them? A one-off deal to do a HoF induction for Jarrett would've been enough really if they felt an absolute need to do something.

And what is the point of EY (or anyone for that matter) defecting if it isnt going to affect the result? pointless overbooking, no reason they couldn't have had a 5th GFW person in that team. Even if it was Magnus. Hopefully it will all make more sense/look better on TV than it does reading spoilers but I doubt it.

Thats the thing, it sounds like a bad idea on GFW's part because it is. GFW loose to a company that is getting booted off the air in September, for basically being terrible.   

another thought on last night's taping. Well, an announcement that happened about something on tonight's taping.

so, Bobby Roode has been tagging with Austin Aries as a team called 'The Dirty Heels'. Aries has gone and Roode beat up Spud because it was his fault for some reason. No idea why, but Spud is a face so battering him was quite a heelish thing to do.

At last night's taping, Roode won the KOTM title (originally held by Jarrett who declared he would take it to GFW IIRC) and was also announced as part of Team TNA (the face team) in the battle for control Lethal Lockdown match.

Would a heel turn costing Team TNA the match be too obvious?  The man who eventually destroyed TNA was their longest reigning former World Champion.  

Or am I over thinking TNA's booking here?

I think Spud def Aries in a "Loser Leaves TNA" match

How great was Jeff Jarrett's Hall Of Fame promo?

It was probably the most honest thing I've ever seen on TNA. The only bad thing was bloody Dixie noddy at the background at everything, even when he mentioned the Knockouts. Ugh.

The rest of the show was pretty grim.

Aries puts his career on the line vs the name 'Rockstar'. Genius.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Here's a tidbit. In 2002 when TNA started their original backer was HealthSouth. Who was their Exec VP of Media and Communications at the time, so probably a man much involved in the backing? Who else but TNA writer/booker/production bod from 2010-2013or14 and Child Star Jason Hervey. That surprised me.