Seeing Samoa Joe still involved in TNA is the saddest thing of all. What a career he could have had in WWE or NJPW! Still, regular money must be nice, 

Imagine Joe being that bit younger and coming up through NXT. The same goes for Aries and Roode. Sad to think what could have happened. 

Bobby Roode is the biggest shame, I think. I still don't understand why they don't want him, even now.

He's an absolutely perfect fit for the top end of the card in WWE; he looks, talks and wrestles like a proper Main Event guy. It's mad that they will happily keep a bunch of unproven younger guys in developmental for years, hoping they they might turn out to be a great wrestler, yet they won't fork out for a ready made talent. Give him 3 months in NXT to build him up with a new audience and get used to the WWE way of doing things, then unleash him onto RAW. Imagine if Roode had been the new Paul Heyman guy instead of Curtis Axel and he'd gone straight into a feud with CM Punk.

There is real talent on the TNA roster, it's all just such a shame to see them working hard for so little return.

• Paid Members

This has to be the shittest heel squad they've done surely? Eric Young, Samoa Joe, Low Ki, Kenny King and MVP? Sounds like a shite Survivor Series team.

I'm trying to think of a worse one, but cant. Anyone want to suggest one?

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

This has to be the shittest heel squad they've done surely? Eric Young, Samoa Joe, Low Ki, Kenny King and MVP? Sounds like a shite Survivor Series team.

I'm trying to think of a worse one, but cant. Anyone want to suggest one?

That Eric Young and Bashir one was worse.

• Paid Members

263,000 viewers on Destination America according to the Torch. 359,000 according to the Observer.

To put that into context, they were doing 800,000 or so on Spike. They were doing 130-160,000 on Challenge in the UK before they went to the rerun shows.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

Also, they have yet to move to Friday nights. So that 263,000 might be on the high end.

This is so fucking sad its untrue. Why do they even sick with it? No other person in wrestling would lose all that money, cut all those costs, sell so few tickets to their shows and put on a program where 800,000 of your regular audience arent watching anymore and still continue on. Seriously, its baffling. ROH gets more in syndictation than that. TNA have no PPVs anymore (Lockdown is being taped and shown in place of Impact in front of the same audience), they look to have stopped doing house shows and now their TV show is watched by the same amount of people as it would be if Destination America bought the rights to air episodes of Brush Strokes. Its fucked, man. Shame, but I suppose its been coming for years now. Once they lost Spike the safety blanket was gone.

When was the last time TNA or WWE ran their shows without either A) A main event stable and B) A heel authority figure? 1995 for WWE? TNA I don't think has ever gone without one or the other. 

When was the last time TNA or WWE ran their shows without either A) A main event stable and B) A heel authority figure? 1995 for WWE? TNA I don't think has ever gone without one or the other. 

Also, they have yet to move to Friday nights. So that 263,000 might be on the high end.

This is so fucking sad its untrue. Why do they even sick with it? No other person in wrestling would lose all that money, cut all those costs, sell so few tickets to their shows and put on a program where 800,000 of your regular audience arent watching anymore and still continue on. Seriously, its baffling. ROH gets more in syndictation than that. TNA have no PPVs anymore (Lockdown is being taped and shown in place of Impact in front of the same audience), they look to have stopped doing house shows and now their TV show is watched by the same amount of people as it would be if Destination America bought the rights to air episodes of Brush Strokes. Its fucked, man. Shame, but I suppose its been coming for years now. Once they lost Spike the safety blanket was gone.

Did some research into some interviews she did 3 years ago. Same "changes are coming" nonsense that she was flogging on JR's and various other media outlet this week. 

She should be in the new Horrible Bosses movie, she's completely ruined the company and nobody within the wrestling industry has the balls to call her out on it. 

300-350 fans in attendance with ticket prices as low as $20 last night was a disgrace, she's so arrogant that she believes she can turn this around and until she realises the mistakes she's made, broken promises and overseen all the bad decisions and apologises or steps aside fans will continue to stay away. 

Edited by Buzz Lightyear

to defend TNA slighlty here regards ratings at least, does the new network have the same/better USA coverage than spike?

I really enjoyed the start of TNA last night, that mass brawl, reminded me ofthe start of a WWF Attitude era video package from late 1996 early 1997

Less. Much less. 

Looking forward to Dixie's spin on how she can justify losing over 1m viewers. (As for a number of years the average on Spike has been 1.2m).

Back on the FSN days i'm sure they were averaging around 150-200k viewers at 3pm on Friday.