• Paid Members
I'm 25 now. I missed basically everythin Hogan did pre nwo, (and I was 7 when that happened) although I did know who he was. People my age and younger just weren't around for when Hogan was part of the zeitgeist, and so I don't think he'd move any money now.

Most of Raw's audience are blokes that are 10+ years older than you, though.

Anyway, it's been proven many times over, recently, that people will only pay to watch a name wrestle if they're in a big feud worth bothering with. For instance, I can't imagine a John Cena v Hulk Hogan match not getting people excited.

Hogan is a different beast from any WWE wrestler ever, because he's so ingrained in the brand, even when he's not showed up in 7 years. Hogan is unlike anybody out there. It's why we'd sell our Nan to Gypsy Dave for the promise of Hogan turning up at 'Mania 30.

If Hogan was to get a WM deal and a match with Cena, what are the odds he'd manipulate the whole thing to make Cena look like a twat. He's got previous for this type of skullduggery with the Rock back at WM in 2002.

I'm 25 now. I missed basically everythin Hogan did pre nwo, (and I was 7 when that happened) although I did know who he was. People my age and younger just weren't around for when Hogan was part of the zeitgeist, and so I don't think he'd move any money now.

Long term, they have everything they can get from Hogan - he's in the Hall of Fame, there appears to be no restriction on using his likeness in WWE video games, and I bet there's enough footage in the archive to do at least another 2 Hulk Hogan anthologies, with plenty of interviews done to refect on his career.

That being said, Hogan has missed out on Mania 10 and 20, and 20 would have been more for his HOF Indiciution/Mania Business than 21 was, so I do think Hulk's presence at Mania would be nice, but not necessarily worth what Hogan thinks it is.

If Hogan was to get a WM deal and a match with Cena, what are the odds he'd manipulate the whole thing to make Cena look like a twat. He's got previous for this type of skullduggery with the Rock back at WM in 2002.

And the Rock at WM 2002 didnt have a history of up to two thirds of the audience booing him all the time.

Edited by Doctor Whos Next

Not that he actually could wrestle a match, but you'd only want to do that particular match if you want to turn Cena heel. I don't think it'd work as face v face.

Hogan or Austin have always been the obvious methods of turning Cena, for me.

Not that he actually could wrestle a match, but you'd only want to do that particular match if you want to turn Cena heel. I don't think it'd work as face v face.

Hogan or Austin have always been the obvious methods of turning Cena, for me.

Or him turning in the run up to/during/just after a match with Taker at Mania.

What's this nonsense about Hogan using some kind of chicanery to scoop up the Rock's cheers at WrestleMania 18? He hit him with a hammer and ran him over with a truck in the build-up. At the PPV, he gave the rabid pro-Hogan crowd exactly what they wanted, and then did the honours, clean as a whistle. Rock got put over huge by that match. There was just little momentum afterwards as he wasn't sticking around, as it turned out.

I don't think Cena would need to beat the streak. He stares at the ceiling clean. Post match or on RAW the next night he brutally beats the dead man. Acts like a shithouse for the next 9 or 10 months. Then Taker reappears for the re-match. And Cena stares at the lights again, but this time he takes it like a man and all is well in the world again.

Or something like that.

• Paid Members

Most of Raw's audience are blokes that are 10+ years older than you, though.

That's the average age, sure. But the question of those guys is A) how many of those are parents watching with kids/ how many of those are going to pay for Mania (that weren't already). Especially because he's not going to be wrestling.

hogan'll get a nostalgia pop, maybe even a rating, though I doubt it. I can't believe he's worth more than the Rock is. That the Rock didn't draw massively isn't evidence that Hogan's worth more than him, it's evidence that there is a diminishing impact in those guys

• Paid Members

If Rock isn't coming back and Sting isn't there, I imagine its going to be Lesnar vs Undertaker. I dont know what else you could do with Lesnar, actually. He's wrestled Cena, he's wrestled Triple H, he's wrestled Punk. There's only Rock and Undertaker left for him to wrestle. Whereas Cena could wrestle Triple H, Undertaker, Sting. I just think if there was any plans to do Cena vs Undertaker, that is a match they would have hinted at in April to set the ball rolling. And WrestleMania 30 is going to be a huge event. They might want to save Taker vs Cena for the year after, where there will probably be a significant comedown without something big on it.

That the Rock didn't draw massively isn't evidence that Hogan's worth more than him, it's evidence that there is a diminishing impact in those guys

Rock did draw massively. Where is this coming from? He drew 3 massive buyrates and ratings were usually higher than when he wasn't on it. Just because he isn't having the impact he had 3 years ago (which is natural since he isn't as special) doesn't mean he didn't draw. He murdered anyone in the business, Cena, Punk, Lesnar, the lot.

I dont know where people are getting the idea that Hogan is asking for more than the Rock or that he's worth more than the Rock. Rock was getting something like $4 million a year, plus whatever he made on residuals and buyrates. If Hogan thought that deal was ever on the table, he'd never have signed with TNA. This whole debate is madness.

As far as Hogan goes, he will increase the buyrate of WrestleMania, with the right media push. Bringing back the old star always works the first time they bring him back. Wrestling fans dont ask for much. Buyrates increased when Ryback looked like he might win the belt. If you take a fan out of the norm, they will usually spend money. That's why one-offs ALWAYS work.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Physically would taker even be able to wrestle a match with Lesnar? I can only imagine that working if you stripped away everything which makes watching Brock interesting.

Plus I still want to see a Bryan Vs Lesnar match. Watching Brock murder him before a Bryan comeback would be amazing.