• Paid Members
Is Droz still working for WWE? I'm was under the impression he was and considering WWE know allot more about making money in wrestling then everyone else TNA should have really followed there lead no? Sorry if this has been mentioned already by the way.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Droz got binned off a while ago after ByteThis! got canned, but I've never seen any evidence one way or the other.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Droz was fired in 2007. Hold up : it was this thread.

Droz, despite Vince promising him a job for life, was released in 2007.

• Paid Members

Droz is looked after to this day by them and he'll always be taken care of by WWE. Any medical bills or anything, they have sorted. He's just not under contract, but that doesn't matter much if they are still doing the same stuff for you as they did before. He was still doing PPV predictions in 2010 for them. Considering he was employed (not an independent contractor) for the best part of a decade he's probably got company benefits now he's no longer working there. Probably saved the money he's earned from years of working for them. WWF/WWE has had so many people not under contract who have been looked after. They bought Zach Gowen two prosthetic legs for around $30,000 just because they wanted to. Droz's situation couldn't be more different from Jesse Sorenson firing.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I was pretty sure Droz while not working for WWE was taken care of, what do you mean by different situation tho? You saying the handling of the situations if so I agree 100%. If not I'd say they are fair example to compair the companys. While Droz is still in a wheel chair and Jessie can walk now, they both lost a job threw being injured in the ring, I'm pretty sure if the Jessie situation happened in a WWE ring they would take care of him.

Edited by Deaq

I'm always in two minds about Vince's compassion.

On the one hand, the WWE does do magnanimous things like paying for people's operations, and their outreach programme for former wrestlers who've got drugs problems.

On the other hand, they wouldn't have to if they actually took proper care of their employees, giving them healthcare provision and benefits, rather than pretending they are independent contractors. If Vince wanted to, he could change the state of play in wrestling overnight. But he doesn't. His generosity is based on whether he likes you, rather than whether you deserve it.

If HHH really wants to leave his mark on da biz for ever, he'll reform the way WWE employs people, and then other companies like TNA would be forced to change as well.

• Moderators

Exactly. WWE, who are known for not being the most employee friendly company ever, are STREETS AHEAD of TNA when it comes down to look after the staff. WWE! That's how shocking TNA are.

• Moderators
I'm always in two minds about Vince's compassion.

On the one hand, the WWE does do magnanimous things like paying for people's operations, and their outreach programme for former wrestlers who've got drugs problems.

During the congressional hearings in the wake of the Benoit thing, Vince was asked why he paid for ex-employees to go to rehab. He said:

• Paid Members

This Sorenson thing is a big public relations fuck up on TNAs end. Take out actually caring for the person and look at it from a business point of view. Was his $1000 (or in that ball park) a month going to put TNA in the black? Or even help the company? A lot of faith has been lost by the fans and the people inside TNA over this one.

On the contract front, Hogan's deal is up in October and Sting's is up in November. That's going to be very interesting.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Random thought not finance related - Bobby Roode seems to be in a similar role to when WWE have got bored of a heavily featured guy like Sheamus, Barrett or Del Rio and had them flounder losing and doing nothing of note...its really shit. Roode and Storm deserve more than what they've got in 2013.

Edited by thesimonbegz

This Sorenson thing is a big public relations fuck up on TNAs end. Take out actually caring for the person and look at it from a business point of view. Was his $1000 (or in that ball park) a month going to put TNA in the black? Or even help the company? A lot of faith has been lost by the fans and the people inside TNA over this one.

On the contract front, Hogan's deal is up in October and Sting's is up in November. That's going to be very interesting.

I think a lot of people's faith in TNA was lost a long, long time ago. This is just another nail in the coffin. As for your latter point; if TNA are still struggling, financially, come Hogan and Sting's respective contract expiry dates, then Dixie and TNA IMO surely cannot justify renewing their contracts considering both are easily, I'm guessing, on handsome six figure salaries.

Personally I think Sting (possibly even Hogan) shouldn't have their contract(s) renewed. Not because of any grudges or dislike against them but I feel Sting, especially, cannot achieve much else in the company.

Obviously Mark Madden agrees with Andy and Tap

http://m.wrestlezone.com/editorials/275779...orensen-nothing

Can't say I agree with much of it, as has been pointed out previously in this thread, Sorensen's wages 1. Weren't going to make or break the companys finances and 2. Had to be worth paying just to avoid a PR shitstorm

• Paid Members
Recently released former TNA star Crimson has issued the following press release regarding his departure from the company:

On Friday July 12, 2013 Crimson had an MRI and it comes as no surprise that the results are a complete tear of his Meniscus in the right knee and surgery is needed. He is going into this situation 100% positive and stated that he will use this time to take care of his knee issues and will do what is necessary to be in the best physical and mental shape possible so there are no setbacks moving forward. Date for surgery is TBD, but expected recovery time is quick.

Crimson would like to thank everyone at TNA Wrestling for his time with the organization. Crimson would also like to thank his fans and the Crimson Army for all the support they have given him during his time with TNA and since his departure.

Crimson has many projects coming his way and he will be exploring other options. If you would like to make booking inquiries with Crimson please email Theresa Stach with The M3 Agency at theresa@theM3agency.com. For updates and direct contact with Crimson continue to follow him on Twitter at @Crimson and on Facebook at Facebook.com/OfficialCrimsonArmy

Looks like they've sacked him knowing he's done his knee in. If he's injured himself in developmental and then sacked him, that's pretty fucked up/not surprising in the least.

His "comes as no surprise" line seems to indicate that he's known he fucked his knee. He had the MRI about a week after his TNA release as well.

• Paid Members
Obviously Mark Madden agrees with Andy and Tap

http://m.wrestlezone.com/editorials/275779...orensen-nothing

Madden's a cunt. But then, we already knew that. The issue isn't about the amount he was being paid, or the fact he's able-bodied and able to get another job. It's about making a promise to a guy with a broken neck (at the time) which you later renege on. Logically, OK, TNA owe Jesse nothing. Morally, they owe him what was promised, and they've broken that promise.

Check it out, he gets everywhere, doesn't he :

tumblr_mqk4zq3wk91svsahho1_1280.jpg

I bet (with Ian's money) that Crimson ends up with NXT.

He's still dead young for a wrestler, particularly one accustomed to national television, and has a great look. They can iron out the whole 'him being shit' thing.

I think Crimson is really good. The reason everyone shit on him was the whole streak thing/being a natural heel. That match he had with Park to qualify for the BFG series the guy had "star" stamped all over him. I was furious when Park pinned him