Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I try not to let the backstage mess bother me too much or ruin my enjoyment of the product, but sacking Sorenson is disgusting. It's a fair comment that they no longer have to give him a job since he is cleared and chooses not to wrestle, but at the end of the day he was promised a job. No matter how you look at it they have gone back on their word and just shit on someone who didn't deserve it. If they had said "you'll be employed doing something easy while you get back on your feet" then that would be fair enough.

Posted
#AskDixie was trending worldwide on twitter earlier. Just check the feed out. Some vile shit being spewed at her.

 

 

Okay maybe this is a brain-wrong but before the X-Division Special Impact was on air the ratings were dire. Even the core auidence seemed to be ebbing away and then all the news of dismissals came along with more insendury rumours of maybe...maybe TNA were in their death throes.

 

Then there was a ratings Spike and they become a buzz on Twitter.

 

Just feels like all this negative news of TNA is doing something they couldn't do all that time before and get people talking about them. If the rating stays to a similar level than it was at the Impact special or goes a little higher then I feel it has something to do with this publicity.

 

I like Sabin as champ as much as anyone (of the ten that do) but I can't see it causing a ratings Spike. On the subject of Spike, Spike T.V apparently is cool with TNA and do not seem to be in as much panic as many of the dirt sheets do about TNA. I am not saying they are not in trouble but the pressure isn't at least coming from Spike.

  • Paid Members
Posted

By that logic, if they want to keep the ratings high they should sack Zima Ion and his tumour next week. Like sort of a reverse of signing Hall and Nash. "Impact's ratings hit record highs with the firing of two blokes on the bones of their arse".

Posted
By that logic, if they want to keep the ratings high they should sack Zima Ion and his tumour next week. Like sort of a reverse of signing Hall and Nash. "Impact's ratings hit record highs with the firing of two blokes on the bones of their arse".

 

 

Please don't think I trust what I think.

 

I just find it funny that TNA are in trouble and they finally get at least a portion of the attention they craved.

Posted
Christ, thank fuck people like you no longer work in the business then Andrew. The FWA taught you well. This isn't a shite injury like when you dragged Alex Shane out of the ring doing his best Laurel and Hardy impression.

 

Okay that

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

You've said a lot of things there, which really aren't relevant to this situation. A situation which many find shocking. They sacked him after he literally broke his neck for them. They put him in an office job because his career was over thanks to his injury he suffered in their ring. Not a stinger, not numbness in the fingers, but several cracked bones in his spine. I dont know what reports you are reading, but the fact they set an angle up for him for his eventual return and then he announced he retired should tell you the white flag was waving. You're "Man up... get a new job... and try again another time when finances are better" is heartless as fuck. Especially from a bloke who worked for the FWA for years. A company who was ran by people begging for a few quid or for people to work for free or asking people to invest money into a dead on losing event, to the point where a British Wrestling show lost

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
IF his career was over then I would agree. However you’re presuming his career was over as reports came out saying he was cleared to wrestle.

What reports are these? He returned and did an interview to set up a hopeful return. But he didn't return. That isn't presuming. Its fucking fact. He got a job in the office because he couldn't wrestle anymore. He'd have been wrestling now for his big return to the ring if he was cleared. They set the angle up for it assuming he was going to come back. But he didn't, because his neck still bothered him.

 

At the end of the day, TNA still supported the man for 16+months during and beyond his recovery (which is a rather key fact you keep overlooking seemingly). And that changes the situation massively.

Where am I overlooking it? I've mentioned in this thread a few times, they basically had to keep him on, because of their history of telling injured wrestlers to fuck off. What were they supposed to do? Sack him off after he just broke his neck in their ring? There would probably be no TNA here today if he did that. He'd have had them in court for a trick like that. He's barely been in his office job for more than a few months. You seem to be overlooking everything, hence your "get a job, mate" shit in your opening post.

 

And I do. Of course I feel bad for a man being injured and losing his job 16 months later. But I’m also a realist. And even if Dixie Carter was stupid enough to promise a life long job, unfortunately redundancies are a shitty part of life.

You're talking like they cut Carlos Tevez off the wage bill. Cutting Jesse Sorenson would probably increase funds to pay for a new ring jacket for Rob Terry. Sacking him did nothing but get Dixie Carter trending on twitter with people calling her a cunt. Nothing good came out of this sacking. This isn't a redundancy. Its a bunch of cowards who would rather sack someone with no name value over someone who is on 6 figures a year.

 

Justify it all you want, you came across as very twattish. I wouldn't mind if it was someone throwing a comment in. But you were a referee yourself. You were in the business. Your opinions sort of sum up why wrestling people have a circus animal like mentality when it comes to the actual wrestlers. Bloke breaks his neck and then gets fired when they need to make cuts, and your attitude is "get a job, scrounger".

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
  • Moderators
Posted
Okay maybe this is a brain-wrong but before the X-Division Special Impact was on air the ratings were dire. Even the core auidence seemed to be ebbing away and then all the news of dismissals came along with more insendury rumours of maybe...maybe TNA were in their death throes.

 

Not really, it's the same 0.9-1.1 they've had forever. Wasn't dire, more stagnant.

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)
You've said a lot of things there, which really aren't relevant to this situation.

 

You were the one who brought it off topic by attacking my character. So yeah... of course I did. I merely responded to your assertions that I

Edited by PowerButchi
Posted

Reading one of the above posts reminded me of talk on here of Alex's friends Bill and Ben the blowtorch men. Circa 8 years on and that still sticks in my mind.

Posted (edited)

Amidst all this talk of budget cuts and talent releases there's one thing that I can't understand: how does Rob Terry keep hanging on? I mean, he doesn't have a story on TV and hasn't been used on TV for a couple of months, has been in OVW for 20 months now, he's not exactly setting the world on fire with his in-ring performances, he's not much of a talker, he's been in TNA for years now but is not particularly over, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this to knock the guy or call for his release. I'm just trying to figure out why he's still under contract because if you look at it objectively he should've been one of the people that were cut and yet he's not. Why?

Edited by pgi86
Posted

Andrew, I assume what you're saying about reports saying he's been cleared comes from his Wikipedia page?

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Dixie's posted this on the website.

TNA president Dixie Carter issued the following message to fans via Impactwrestling.com.

 

Hi everyone,

 

In the 11+ years that I have been with TNA, I am still amazed by the passion of pro wrestling fans. That passion – both positive and negative – is remarkable and something that all of us at TNA values.

 

With that said, I asked for questions from you like I have done many times in the past, but I didn’t provide a timeframe by which I would answer you. I know I have frustrated you all, and I apologize. Beginning next week, each Thursday, I will answer legitimate questions from you on a weekly basis. I will not, however, address outrageous or hurtful questions/posts.

 

I also wanted to take this opportunity to provide perspective from inside TNA – where we stand and where, with support from our current and future fans around the globe, we are going. What is being shared with you now is what was shared with the IMPACT roster before our phenomenal Destination X show from Louisville, KY last week.

 

This has been a big year for TNA. We took IMPACT LIVE on the road, exactly where it needs to be – where you’ve asked us to be – in your backyard. We also changed our Pay-Per-View schedule, shifting from 12 to four live Pay-Per-View events each year, in order to increase the value of these events for you. To grow TNA, these are moves that needed to be made. And, part of changes like this, includes structural changes within TNA to align with this new business model.

 

Many of your comments and questions reference our recent roster changes. The relationship that fans have with wrestlers is unique and one of the many great aspects of the wrestling business. And, for this reason, releasing talent is never easy – not for you and not for us. But, bringing in fresh faces and the best wrestling talent in the world is what you expect, and what TNA will always strive to deliver. Recently, we have brought back some talent favorites (Sonjay Dutt, Petey Williams and Homicide), and you will continue to see this and new talent that we are excited to introduce you to in the coming months.

 

TNA has always been, and will continue to be, a place where you can interact with the superstars, whether in person at a live show or via social channels, like Twitter and Facebook. We are constantly exploring new and interesting ways to take this interaction to another level, and you will see this unfold in the coming months. I appreciate each of you taking the time to share your thoughts, opinions and ideas. Your input and feedback helps us create a better product. I hope you will join us when IMPACT LIVE comes to your area.

 

Yours,

 

Dixie

 

A lot of nothing there. The fact she's had to make a comment on it, seems like she's either rattled or the company is feeling it. You never sell criticism from the internet.

 

The Sorenson thing still shocks me. I think its one of the stupidest things they've ever done. And they've done some mental things. Even if you think they had every right to sack him, the criticism they were bound to get from it was not what they needed right now. The arrow was coming at them and they took it in the forehead. Sacking a PR disaster in the making right in the middle of all the low moral and the turmoil really makes you wonder what clowns they have running it.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...