UFC on FOX 6: 'Johnson vs Dodson'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I also like Dodson, but we are in the minority MOM.

The Road to the Octagon shows pisses all over the standard UFC preview shows.

I have to say I like him too. Yes, he is a bit annoying at times but he's a truly exciting fighter and seems like a nice guy behind that smug smile.

• Paid Members

Road To The Octagon was absolutely fantastic. Pettis and Cerrone's stories were heartbreaking, and it even managed to make me care about the Flyweights! Rampage can fuck off though. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about how he's, "got the hunger back," and feels better than ever. It's the same shit Tito used to spout when he became irrelevant. In an ideal world Glover would give him the stand up war he's always crying for, then knock him out.

• Paid Members
Rampage can fuck off though. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about how he's, "got the hunger back," and feels better than ever. It's the same shit Tito used to spout when he became irrelevant.

yeh, i aint buying it anymore...until Rampage goes out there and performs in the cage i aint believing a word he says.

yeh, i aint buying it anymore...until Rampage goes out there and performs in the cage i aint believing a word he says.

I don't think it has anything to do with him not wanting to, I simply believe he's past his best, and he knows it. He isn't convincing anyone else because he isn't convinced himself.

In short, he's done as far as being a top level fighter goes.

• Paid Members
I definitely like Pettis a lot more after watching that, ditto with Mighty Mouse- though I still want Cerrone & Dodson to win. Dodson is a pretty polarising figure among fans, but I fucking love him.

Mighty Mouse did alright for himself didn't he? His missus is lovely! :love:

I haven't watched the show yet but Mighty Mouse came off as a great guy on the UFC 152 Countdown as well. I was neither here nor there really on him before but it really made me warm to him a bit. And yes his missus in very nice. I hope he twats that twat Dodson. He's a good fighter but he just really, really grates on me.

I think this should be a great fight though. He's one of the few flyweights who has both speed and KO power. And he's a very tough match on paper for Mouse because the way Mouse usually wins is with speed and I think Dodson can match him there. If they're equal in speed then other things come into play and Dodson's power could decide it. I went with Mouse on points but I'm not sure.

I don't think it has anything to do with him not wanting to, I simply believe he's past his best, and he knows it. He isn't convincing anyone else because he isn't convinced himself.

Yeah, it's clear his days as a top fighter are done. If Glover is going to be top level he really should be beating the current version of Rampage. He's past his prime but he's still the hardest test in Glover's career to date for me.

Glover's easiest route to victory clearly lies in the grappling to me. The stand up is risky, almost 50/50 for me. Why play to Rampage's strengths when your grappling is ADCC level and good enough to beat the likes of Dean Lister? This gameplan would depend on how good Glover's takedowns are. If it turns into a brawl, even as past it as Rampage is, he could catch Glover.

I think Glover will win though. He's got more ways to win, he's got his grappling to fall back on and probably most importantly he seems up for it mentally.

Glover's easiest route to victory clearly lies in the grappling to me. The stand up is risky, almost 50/50 for me. Why play to Rampage's strengths when your grappling is ADCC level and good enough to beat the likes of Dean Lister? This gameplan would depend on how good Glover's takedowns are. If it turns into a brawl, even as past it as Rampage is, he could catch Glover.

Because he's got the likes of Liddell in his ear telling him he has to be exciting and appeal to the fans by standing and trading with people? Hopefully he'll take note of Liddell's slurred speech and the fact he can't button his shirts properly anymore and decide to go with a grappling masterclass, leaving the stand up for bouts where he has less chance of getting clipped himself.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's clear his days as a top fighter are done. If Glover is going to be top level he really should be beating the current version of Rampage. He's past his prime but he's still the hardest test in Glover's career to date for me.

I think Glover will win though. He's got more ways to win, he's got his grappling to fall back on and probably most importantly he seems up for it mentally.

As much as I agree with this, I actually think that Rampage will be a lot better this time as it's his last fight in the UFC and he's going to want to go out being a very in demand fighter. If he loses then so does the majority of his percentage of value. Although if he is carving out a career in movies, that may not matter. However I actually think that Rampage will put more effort in, just to mess with the record of one of UFCs next big thing contenders. If Rampage does end up in Bellator, amybe we will finally get to see Rampage vs. King Mo?

• Paid Members

Am I alone in finding Rampage really dislikable? Every time I've seen him, publicity or fights, he just comes across as a total frat-boy wanker.

• Paid Members

I'm not even gonna click that. I'll leave it as a surprise for fight night. But yeah Koch is a cock. My first impression hasn't wavered.

He comes across as someone who believes the world owes them a favour

Sums it up for me. It's weird because I've always been a fan and used to enjoy his interviews (before he turned into a complete bitter bollocks), but even as a fan you knew you wouldn't want to be around him in real life.

I've said before Rampage's mood seems to hinge on whatever his last fight turned out like. If he's coming off a win he's happy, loves the UFC etc. If he's coming off a loss (right now he's coming off 2 on the bounce) he's unbearably negative, constantly whinging, hates the UFC etc. If results aren't going his way he sulks his arse off.

Every now and then I see a bit of the old Rampage, like in that Helwani hour long New York interview and it reminds me why I liked him. But then he's back to non-stop moaning.

Archived