UFC on FOX 6: 'Johnson vs Dodson'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

here's a pre-fight Rampage interview with Helwani, pretty much sums up the whole situation. Helwani completely stumps him on two occasion's during the interview. Rampage argument doesn't really make sense, he's one of the highest earners in the promotion, he's been a main or co-main event in all bus one of his UFC fights (including a title fight he didn't really deserve) and the promotion has stood by him through some pretty tough situations.

What the fuck!?!

• Paid Members

Not to mention they had him on 2 stints as TUF coach, heavily featured on the Countdowns for all his UFC fights, Primetime for the Rashad fight, action figures, he was one of the first fighters to have a DVD done on him. And they fucking bailed him out when he went looney in his truck with his face plastered on the side.

What cunts they've been.

That interview is class. Rampage gets all bug eyed and starts stuttering when Helwani brings up FOX and Glover, I don't think I've ever seen him so flustered.

I'll be glad to see Glover spark him. He hasn't been the "entertaining" fighter he professes to be in some years, which even further invalidates his claims.

He was a shit BA Baracus as well.

I disagree, I felt he did a good job.

Rampage does talk mainly bollocks, but its sad to see what he has become. I cannot help but think the majority of the time I have watched MMA Rampage has been either sandbagging or past his best.

• Paid Members

We haven't really talked about it at all but I'm really looking forward to seeing how Clay Guida looks at 145. I think this could be a great move for him and I think we could be in for a really fun fight with him and Hioki. I reckon Clay will take the W. Hioki's good but I have felt like he's been overhyped pretty massively. He really hasn't lived up to that hype in my opinion.

He does have slick BJJ though and Clay's been caught in submissions a few times in his career. Interesting fight, but I think if Clay wants the takedown he'll get it here. The stand up I think Clay might edge it, and going down in weight might pack more power. As long as he doesn't leave his neck out I think Clay wins a dominant decision. Might even go out on a limb and go with a TKO.

One of the fights I'm most looking forward to. Clay's sporting a cracking beard for this fight as well;

003_clay_guida.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Another fight I'm really expecting to deliver is Matt Wiman vs TJ Grant. Grant is one of the most overlooked guys in the UFC in my opinion. He's been tearing it up on the prelims for years and his fights with Johny Hendricks and Ryo Chonan were excellent. His last fight with Evan Dunham was a war and I expect this to be no different. Wiman's coming off the shock submission win over Paul Sass so both are coming in with momentum. For a division as stacked as the UFC lightweight class, these 2 are kind of dark horses but I think this could be the sleeper on the card.

Either this or Cerrone/Pettis are my picks for FOTN.

That interview is class. Rampage gets all bug eyed and starts stuttering when Helwani brings up FOX and Glover, I don't think I've ever seen him so flustered.

I'll be glad to see Glover spark him. He hasn't been the "entertaining" fighter he professes to be in some years, which even further invalidates his claims.

He has some valid points though, especially when it comes to sponsorship. Also, Helwani gets the good interviews, but there are times where he's a sarcastic, smug fucker. This was one of those times. I wouldn't have blamed Rampage for smacking him to be honest.

Rampage just looked an absolute twat on that interview, especially complaining about the fighters pay and saying most other sports pay better.

He looked an idiot after Dana told the media that between 2007-2012, Rampage made $15.2m just from the UFC alone. How he has the nerve to complain about being underpaid is lunacy, especially as he never even managed to defend the LHW title once - where as the likes of GSP/Anderson actually have earned the right to be the most well paid in the company.

Rampage just looked an absolute twat on that interview, especially complaining about the fighters pay and saying most other sports pay better.

He looked an idiot after Dana told the media that between 2007-2012, Rampage made $15.2m just from the UFC alone. How he has the nerve to complain about being underpaid is lunacy, especially as he never even managed to defend the LHW title once - where as the likes of GSP/Anderson actually have earned the right to be the most well paid in the company.

Hope Jackson gets a deserved farewell gift from the UFC, getting KTFO.

• Paid Members

The closer it gets I can't help thinking we might be overlooking Rampage. Yeah he seems distracted etc etc, but in the back of my mind there's that image of him KOing Wandy back when everyone was saying the same things going in.

Rampage really doesn't have much to lose. He's leaving. He doesn't have to think about where a win or loss puts him in the division. He won't be in that division by Sunday morning.

For Glover this is the highest profile, highest pressure fight of his career by far. As great as he looks and as much as I like him, it is fact that he hasn't fought the level of competition Rampage has. Seriously, put Rampage - even 2013 Rampage - in with Rodriguez, Kingsbury, Eastman, Sokoudjou etc. He'd probably have a 14 fight winning streak too.

I don't care how much of a stiffy Dana has for The Pit guys, Glover was beating sub par comp pre-UFC. Maldonado's at the lower end of UFC's 205 division yet he was seen as a step up for Glover.

Still picking Glover due to his grappling but you never know

See, I think this is all good for Glover. About 95% of this fight build-up from fans/media has been about 'whats going on with Rampage?', theres been little talk about whether Glover can 'step up' and IMO I think thats a good thing for him. He doesn't have as much pressure on him going into this than say if all throughout the build-up Rampage was doing his usual "I'm going to knock him out and stop the hype" routine - and the less pressure on a fighter the more naturally he can perform.

I'm not sure I agree with the 'Rampage has nothing to lose' expectation, I think he's pressured himself into a corner by the way he's been acting lately - especially saying he's finally going to give the fans something to enjoy in his last fight. Recent history has shown us that if he's going out there with the sole purpose of KO'ing someone (or 'putting on a show' as he says) and he can't achieve it, he'll noticeably give up and go back to throwing single wild punches that do nothing. When the going gets tough, he gives up.

Having heart and willpower can be mighty important in a fight. Glover seems to have it, Rampage not so much IMO.

Obviously in real world terms he doesn't have grounds for complaint, but when you consider that he main evented numerous cards for the company, and faced such opponents as Liddell, Wanderlei, Hendo, Rashad, Lyoto, Jon Jones & Forrest Griffin you have to think he's worth more than roughly $1.3 million per fight.

Up until he lost to Jones in definitive fashion he was a big draw for the company (and still is to a degree), so he basically spent four of his five years at the top, bringing in the PPV buys and suchlike.

I pretty much guarantee that the UFC have made more than triple that $15.2 million off Jackson since he signed with them in 2007.

Oh, and he did defend his title. He beat Chuck Liddell then defended against Henderson in his next fight.

[quote name='David' date='Jan 25 2013, 18:27' post='2693150'He has some valid points though

He made one about overexposure I greatly agreed with, and the UFC dictatorship being bad that I again agreed with.

He ruins it though by talking drivel, I think if he had just had beef now it would be seen as a bit more acceptable. But the man has been a moaner for years, and to a company that bailed him out of trouble in 2008, some companies would have washed their hands of him.

Archived