UFC on FOX 6: 'Johnson vs Dodson'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

UFC_on_FOX_6_Johnson_vs._Dodson_Poster.jpeg

FOX MAIN CARD

Demetrious Johnson vs John Dodson - UFC Flyweight Title

Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson vs Glover Teixeira

Donald Cerrone vs Anthony Pettis

Erik Koch vs Ricardo Lamas

FX PRELIMS

Matt Wiman vs TJ Grant

Clay Guida vs Hatsu Hioki

Ryan Bader vs Vladimir Matyushenko

David Mitchell vs Simeon Thoresen

Mike Russow vs Shawn Jordan

Pascal Krauss vs Mike Stumpf

FACEBOOK PRELIMS

Rafael Natal vs Sean Spencer

I didn't realise just how close this event was. Only about 3 weeks out now and it's looking similarly, if not quite as stacked as last month's FOX 5 offering.

Main event will be 5 rounds for the UFC Flyweight championship and will feature the two fastest fighters the Octagon has ever seen.

The champion, Demetrious 'Mighty Mouse' Johnson

demetrious-johnson_large.jpg

The man who made history by becoming the first ever UFC 125lbs champion last September...

ufc152_11_johnson_vs_benavidez_029.jpg

He'll be defending the belt against this inch-high irritant, John Dodson

Dodson-John-TUF14-1-hs.jpg

A man so fast when he switches off the lights before he gets into bed, he's under the covers before the room is dark (Muhammad Ali

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first opening post to a UFC event in 2013 by wandshogun09, good to see the tradition continue. Always get a laugh out of the the way Liddell reacts while watching fights.

Said it before and it's early days but I'm not a fan of the UFC Flyweight Division. I prefer how things were with Bantamweight the lightest men's class in the UFC. I think Johnson takes a decision. I don't like that squeaky hyperactive twat, Dodson.

Hope and expect Teixeira to pummel Jackson out of the UFC by a first or second round stoppage by TKO.

Ever since the show was announced, it's all about Cerrone vs. Pettis. On paper that looks a Fight of the Year candidate. I know one set of fans on this board will be disappointed here as some want Pettis to win while I want Cerrone. Winner would get my vote for the next contender for the UFC Lightweight Championship. Cerrone to win by decision. WEC REPRESENT!

Said it before and it's early days but I'm not a fan of the UFC Flyweight Division. I prefer how things were with Bantamweight the lightest men's class in the UFC.

Same here. We could have had a strong bantamweight division, but with the introduction of flyweight we have two fairly weak divisions. Not to say that all flyweight fights have been bad, the first Johnson/McCall and Gaudinot/Lineker were great encounters, but the two most recent significant fights which set this FOX main event up (Johnson/Benavidez and Dodson/Formiga) were a clinic in footwork and feints for over half an hour combined.

As a result, this card is a weird one for me, where the main card looks fucking awesome but I couldn't be less excited for the main event. Rampage/Teixeira, Cerrone/Pettis and Koch/Lamas look like fireworks, and Johnson/Dodson is the equivalent of twirling $2 sparklers around really quickly.

Much like the female division, when the UFC announced it was going with a bantam & flyweight division I'd rather they had simply went for a 130lbs division instead, which would have covered both divisions.

By all means, if that division had blown up and there was enough top level guys to eventually split into 135lbs & 125lbs then fair enough, but there isn't the interest or talent pool as yet in my opinion.

I know one set of fans on this board will be disappointed here as some want Pettis to win while I want Cerrone. Winner would get my vote for the next contender for the UFC Lightweight Championship. Cerrone to win by decision. WEC REPRESENT!

Count me in on Team Cerrone too.

• Paid Members

I love them both so I'm torn on Cerrone vs Pettis. Think I'm slightly rooting for Pettis though. I want to see him finally get his shot.

Pettis vs winner of Bendo/Melendez for the title and Cerrone vs Varner 3 or Lauzon. Would do nicely.

• Paid Members
I love them both so I'm torn on Cerrone vs Pettis. Think I'm slightly rooting for Pettis though. I want to see him finally get his shot.

Pettis vs winner of Bendo/Melendez for the title and Cerrone vs Varner 3 or Lauzon. Would do nicely.

win or lose there's dream matches everywhere in the lightweight division, fans can't lose any way it goes...i'll be rooting for Cowboy though, he's been my boy since the WEC days.

• Paid Members

Check out this tweet from Chael Sonnen;

chaeljenton.jpg

What's this about then? Just Chael trolling or is something going on? Why have I got a bad feeling Rampage has pulled out again and possibly Jones is injured, so Chael is angling for a fight with Rampage.

I know that's a longshot but the timing of this tweet seems odd to me. And it's become expected for me now that the TUF coaches won't end up fighting about 7 or 8 times out of 10.

Oh, and here's a gif of the young Jenton Quackson from his college wrestling days...

2cgeupu_jpg.gif

Fucking beast!

• Paid Members

hmmm, bit of a weird one. I know Chael's had a pop at Rampage in the past but i don't see what's prompted that.

As for Dodson/Johnson, this is a big fight for the 125lber's, the UFC has put a lot of faith in them to deliver on the biggest stage they have and im certain that they won't disappoint.

125 just hasn't sparkled yet though, a couple of the fights have been boo'ed which is the last thing i think the UFC brass expected to happen, again i think it has something to do with a couple of the fights being ultra-fast yet not having too many significant moments (see Johnson/Benavidez), they are the kinda fights that probably will be more appreciated in hindsight.

This this one will deliver though, once they start hitting the mat the scrambles happen it's gonna be uproar.

Really hope that Chael tweet doesn't mean Rampage is ducking Glover or that Jones is injured. Whilst in the old v. new fights recently I was rooting for Shogun against Gusty and the BJ beating was unpleasant watching, I have much less trouble with Rampage getting smashed. Particularly as it would mean the further advancement of Glover who is one scary fuck.

If Jones was injured, and Rampage ducks Glover, that would leave Glover and Chael free. But can't see Chael or Dana wanting that match though!

• Paid Members

I think it's more Chael lining up his next move at LHW after the inevitable Jones loss. If Rampage doesn't resign with the UFC he's ducking Sonnen. If Rampage does re-sign Sonnen gets another high profile fight despite coming off 2 losses. It's a no lose situation for him.

• Paid Members

Glover sparring Chuck Liddell and Lyoto Machida for his upcoming fight in a few weeks;

66412_10151222555330886_2053963610_n.jpg

207635_10151222559880886_1099844002_n.jpg

1463_10151222562260886_1091131331_n.jpg

And there was us lot saying 'Thank God Chuck's not getting punched in the head anymore'. Sparring with Glover Teixeira with no headgear :rolleyes:

Seriously, it's good to see Chuck keeping involved and staying active. You could question why Glover would be working with these two considering Rampage beat them both (althought the Machida fight was close) but Chuck and Lyoto are always good to have around for knowledge on techniques alone. And although both lost to Rampage, both know him well.

Meanwhile, over at the Rampage camp...

WEDGIE.gif

Archived