UFC on FOX 6: 'Johnson vs Dodson'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
Was I the only one who was impressed by Rampage's improved boxing? I'm not sure how long he's been working with Bobby Rimmer, but his head movement and defensive boxing was fucking excellent, and was some of the best I've seen in MMA if I'm being honest.

It very likely made the difference between him making it to the final bell and getting knocked out, especially when he was sucking wind from the middle of the 2nd frame onwards.

i was impressed with certain aspect of what Rampage was doing, some of the defensive work he does is slick, but what i've always said since Rampage has been in the UFC really is that he's overly technical and has just become a straight up boxer. Rampage was always better when he was a raw, almost straight up street fighter. He'd initiate clinches, look for slams, he used to throw knees and generally be a vicious bastard. Since he's entered the UFC all he's really done is box, he's had some success obviously, but i always preferred the wild version of Rampage, that's what made him what he was.

Now, you can say that, that version of Rampage would get creamed in the UFC, and maybe that's true but i'd love to see Rampage tried to have found some middle ground between being a boxer and brawler. It's like he abandoned one style to strictly concentrate on another.

Maybe im way off base, maybe ive got the 'Pride fanboy' rose tinted blinkers on? but im gonna dig out some old Rampage this week and compare the two.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived