Incredible scenes in less popular movies

Thunderplex

• Paid Members

Just watched Ken Park. Strange little movie, but there is an amazing scene when one of the characters kills his grandparents, then films his confession, which ends with him putting in one of the sets of false teeth and smiling at the camera. Hysterical and creepy as hell at the same time.

Any other scenes have a similar effect on you?

Not sure if anyone's familiar with the movie Thursday from the late 90s. If you are then your probably familiar with the scene I'm suggesting for this thread. It involves our main protagonist being tied to a chair and getting raped by his sexy ex girlfriend. She utters the line "if you're lucky I might get pregnant" just before she rapes him. Right bitch she is. Anyway the scene ends with a very gratuitous money shot. If you haven't seen it then you should check it out. I haven't seen it for yonks but I remember back when I worked in Global Video around the time of it's release it being very popular.

• Paid Members
It involves our main protagonist being tied to a chair and getting raped by his sexy ex girlfriend.

Paulina Porizkova. Fabulous, if unrealistic. No way would he have not blown his beans getting ridden by that in real life. Scene can be seen here, if you like that sort of thing. NSFW, to state the bleeding obvious.

Anyway the scene ends with a very gratuitous money shot.

An awful lot of people are going to think "money shot" = spunk.

I kind of love De Palma because of that. Even his shittier films are very stylish. Body Double is ace if you like hugely stylised thrillers.

Possession has a tonne of scenes that i could pick from but this stands out the most, i don't think I've ever felt so emotionally drained after only 3 minutes of video. Isabelle at this point in her life was the most mesmerizing woman on the planet and no-one's came close since, I just wish that i had found this movie sooner.

Good shout. Kermode did a great job of bringing Possession to people's attention, my own included, when it was finally re-released last year.

I've always thought the last scene in Society was great, but very few people seem to remember the movie. It's far smarter than it's given credit for.

Assume you're talking about the 'fisting' orgy scene Philo? That stuck with me.

Yeah, the whole melting bit. Turned a fairly trashy teen film about the rich figuratively feeding off the poor to a more literal reading, while masquerading as grim old gore for the sake of it.

• Paid Members

I remember when Society was being pushed heavily by Fangoria. Had months of features on Screaming Mad George, the guy whu created all the effects. Cracking film.

Assume you're talking about the 'fisting' orgy scene Philo? That stuck with me.

Yeah, the whole melting bit. Turned a fairly trashy teen film about the rich figuratively feeding off the poor to a more literal reading, while masquerading as grim old gore for the sake of it.

I saw that back in my youth, and it definitely stuck with me. It's not been on tv since as far as I know though, is it even on DVD? It's a brilliant film, a real antidote to the usual teenage coming-of-age guff there was around at the time.

I don't think the director's done anything of real note since, which is a pity as it was a great, clever debut.

I saw that back in my youth, and it definitely stuck with me. It's not been on tv since as far as I know though, is it even on DVD? It's a brilliant film, a real antidote to the usual teenage coming-of-age guff there was around at the time.

Society is a great film, that ending really came out of nowhere and stayed with me for a while after I first saw it. It pops up on the Horror Channel every now and again, usually after midnight and with little advertising.

It is available on DVD.

Archived