Incredible scenes in less popular movies

Thunderplex

Can this count? I know the Cast is a good one for it. But I don't know many people who've actually seen the film. Most usually like De Niro as the ganster hardcase but this scene was incredible. My favorite movie scene of all time.

This is Deer Hunter for those who don't know

deer-hunter-deniro.jpg

(And once again I raise De Niro up on another topic about films)

• Paid Members

If you like The Boondock Saints I highly suggest the excellent documentary about its development Overnight. Troy Duffy (director of TBS) is a real arsehole, and watching him turn from someone on the cusp of fame to a complete deluded wanker is quite astounding.

Can this count? I know the Cast is a good one for it. But I don't know many people who've actually seen the film. Most usually like De Niro as the ganster hardcase but this scene was incredible. My favorite movie scene of all time.

deer-hunter-deniro.jpg

Are you kidding? 'The Deer Hunter' is a Best Picture winning film. Millions upon millions of people will have seen it.

• Paid Members
Assume you're talking about the 'fisting' orgy scene Philo? That stuck with me.

Yeah, the whole melting bit. Turned a fairly trashy teen film about the rich figuratively feeding off the poor to a more literal reading, while masquerading as grim old gore for the sake of it.

I saw that back in my youth, and it definitely stuck with me. It's not been on tv since as far as I know though, is it even on DVD? It's a brilliant film, a real antidote to the usual teenage coming-of-age guff there was around at the time.

I don't think the director's done anything of real note since, which is a pity as it was a great, clever debut.

It was the great Brian Yuzna. He's done more producing than anything else, on such classics as The Reanimator. His directing is a bit hit and mis, but he did the great Return of the Living Dead 3, and an amazing Lovecraftian film called Beneath Still Waters, which people really should search out.

deer-hunter-deniro.jpg

Are you kidding? 'The Deer Hunter' is a Best Picture winning film. Millions upon millions of people will have seen it.

Your right. I didn't think of it in that context. I just thought of it as one of the films De Niro has done but isn't mentioned by many people.

Still an incredible scene

Archived