HG's Royal Rumble Surprise Entrant Pool 2013

HarmonicGenerator

Chris Masters

tumblr_lfkofgLhir1qfo293.jpg

You may groan and think 'why would anyone want to see Masters turn up?' or 'This guy would be one of the least exciting surprise entrants ever' or even think I'm going down the dirtsheet route of just trying to pick a winner (I'm really not, serious have you seen how many awesome choices have already been picked? I'm scraping the barrel here) but after reading this artice the other day, I thought Masters comes off as a genuinely decent chap, who didn't go all 'Kenny Dykstra' on twitter, or blame everyone else for his failure. I really reckon if he was given another shot at the big time, he'd put the effort in to make sure it worked.

As for how he'd fair in the Rumble match, he'd probably get in, Masterlock-dangle Tensai or Khali (depending on is he's going heel or face) over the top rope only to get lashed out by either Reigns if he's a face or another surprise face-entrant if he's a heel.

Give Masters a chance, you know you want to.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
You may groan and think 'why would anyone want to see Masters turn up?' or 'This guy would be one of the least exciting surprise entrants ever'

That is the opposite of what I would think!

• Awards Moderator
They kept trying to censor the Hardcore title too, which annoyed me even more. And that bloody entrance music used to just pierce my ears something horrible, especially on Smackdown 2 on my TV with the dodgy speakers. I marked HARD for Godfather's 2002 Rumble return after months of him being confined to the RTC. Val Venis less so, because he came out while Austin was patrolling things.

This could rapidly turn into an RTC tribute thread if we're not careful.

Fine by me! I know it makes me sound like a 'cheer the heels' young fapper, but I loved RTC because they were so hateable. For a group that rarely, if ever, touched the top half of the card, they got huge reactions (check out the boos at WrestleMania X-Seven), everything from the collective appearance (from the matching outfits to the individal touches like Goodfather's glasses, Buchanan's sleevelessness and Richards' white socks) to the music was amplified to make them as boo-able as possible, and it was always so brilliant seeing them get their comeuppance (think Chyna vs. Ivory at X-Seven, or the way Richards would crash to the mat taking the Last Ride from Undertaker).

Anyway, love the Jackman idea Jaffa, can he be in character as Jean Valjean though? Mainly so Russell Crowe can follow him down as Javert and chase him out of the arena. Musical in-jokes~

• Paid Members
Anyway, love the Jackman idea Jaffa, can he be in character as Jean Valjean though? Mainly so Russell Crowe can follow him down as Javert and chase him out of the arena. Musical in-jokes~

If you're having that, i'll go with The Miz making an appearance as Les Miz, complete with costume and songs.

• Awards Moderator

If you're having that, i'll go with The Miz making an appearance as Les Miz, complete with costume and songs.

They should do that, Rumble or not.

Ill add Beth Phoenix/Kharma to my outlandish picks, chuck in Chyna as well and the 3 biggest women can knock crap out of each other early doors, eliminating some Jobbers Tatsu etc before all starting on each other and brawling to the back knocking themselves out of the rumble

• Awards Moderator
My new choices,

Rowdy Roddy Piper

Perry Saturn

Faarooq

Piper and Saturn both fine, Faarooq's already been taken (well, Ron Simmons has). Feel free to choose again!

Jaffa, I now REALLY want to see Miz get a gimmick overhaul into Les Miz. He could sing all his promos and take a bow after every match. Where's chokeout to photoshop me a Les Miz picture?!

• Paid Members

Possibly the best gimmick idea I've heard in a while. Given how badly he's getting over as a face, it could work wonders for him.

Although I've probably made this look far more serious than it should be played...

qZG1O.jpg

Anyway, we're in Arizona, it's clearly time for the long awaited return of this chap:

ultimate-warrior_display_image.jpg

Imagine his music hitting, him sprinting down to the ring, clearing house... And then immediately getting eliminated by the next entrance whilst he's shaking the ropes and posing.

Every time I think of someone cool, I check this thread only to find someone else has thought of it. Damn.

But, I think I have one. JBL's been taken, but I always loved him more as simply... Bradshaw. I would love to see JBL remove his suit jacket to reveal the APA shirt and jeans and start clotheslining suckers.

SlaterProSell.gif

And who's that in the background? Faarooq is a different gimmick to Ron Simmons in my book, make it so!

Dear Tajiri Clause, please put APA in the Rumble to kick all kinds of ass. And put Tajiri in there as well to mist a few fools.

• Moderators
You may groan and think 'why would anyone want to see Masters turn up?' or 'This guy would be one of the least exciting surprise entrants ever'

That is the opposite of what I would think!

We all love a bit of Masters... the only problem is that awful arm tattoo he's sporting these days. Really ruins his look.

• Awards Moderator
Possibly the best gimmick idea I've heard in a while. Given how badly he's getting over as a face, it could work wonders for him.

Although I've probably made this look far more serious than it should be played...

qZG1O.jpg

That is marvellous Au.

Agreed, that's fantastic Au. Charles II is getting bumped from my avatar for that!

Unfortunately, I'm afraid Ultimate Warrior has already been selected, so you'll need to choose again. I'll let you have Les Miz though (if only it was a realistic possibility...) You and Jaffa can share him, in fact, since Jaffa created the gimmick and you did the photo.

Shane O' Mac Version 2 - you can have Tajiri, and okay, APA Bradshaw and JBL are different enough for them to count as separate entries, so I'll let you have him. Ron Simmons has already been selected, though, and as he's not that distinguishable from APA Faarooq, no joy on that one, please choose again!

• Paid Members

Lame, I thought I'd kept up with the thread pretty well and hadn't seen Woyah. Erm...

Nothing would make me happier than to see these guys back:

8401m.jpg

Even if they set a record for quickest elimination, their inclusion in the Rumble could be used to set up a teg team feud as they seem to be actually doing something with the division for a change.

• Paid Members
Possibly the best gimmick idea I've heard in a while.

Didn't we have an 'Invent a Gimmick' thread? I vaguely remember someone proposing an ancient Egyptian gimmick for someone (Kazarian?) that was outstanding.

Archived