Preston City Wrestling - Road To Glory - Feb 1st & 2nd 2013

fludder99

Are any of my friends doing the EVE show? I'm thinking "might as well" seeing as how I'll be in town all weekend, but I'm not going to do it if I'm sat there on my own like a world class saddo.

Few of the Fishers hardcore are. Dunno who else. Im not, not my cuppa tea

Okay, well I

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm planning on checking out the EVE show - I'm interested to see something a bit different that I wouldn't normally watch. Will be a good break between 2 back-to-back nights of the usual PCW fun and games.

As I've said elsewhere, I'll be heading along to Triple-X in Coventry the next day too, making it 4 shows in 3 days. It's been years since I've done anything like that!

It's not "women's wrestling". It's wrestling. It's not even a different style. Christ. If someone said they found it difficult to watch all men's matches on a show, they would likely be labeled as a mentalist. The mainstream product is geared towards treating women in a sexist manner, yes, but not all wrestling is. I imagine an Eve show is much like any other wrestling show.

EDIT: Not intended as an attack, as you are saying, seeing quality women's matches is washing the stigma away.

It is women's wrestling. I don't see your argument.

I worded that pretty badly I think. The point I was trying to make was that I don't understand the stigma, it's still wrestling after all, and the quality of a wrestler isn't determined by their gender.

Bleah, I hope no one thinks I was attacking Richie specifically. Disliking "women's wrestling" as a whole is something I don't really understand.

As for the quality of Eve shows, I can't say as I've not been to one. If they're not great, it won't be because the performers are women.

Archived