Preston City Wrestling - Road To Glory - Feb 1st & 2nd 2013

fludder99

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So going back to Bracket B...

Noam Dar vs Andy Wild

After how well received the Pro Wrestling Elite final between these two was, I'm really looking forward to this match. They've got history against each other and could probably have a good match together in their sleep. I'm hoping this is going to be the match where I finally see why Wild is rated so highly by so many. Noam Dar is a world class wrestler so for Andy to be able to keep up with him step for step would truly show just how talented he is. I know I said he didn't have that fire or personality in his match against Hayes, but as a face/face match against Dar his wrestling talents will be more of an emphasis. I know this match is going to be fantastic as a wrestling contest, just hope the crowd invets to really elevate it to something special. Seen as in Bracket A I've mainly gone for the people you'd expect to win (within reason) I can see Wild getting a massive upset over Dar. Dar has the Cruiserweight belt so doesn't need to win this tournament, but a win in a strong match against Dar would really put over Wild.

Predicted Winner: Andy Wild

Kris Travis vs CJ Banks

I genuinely can't recall if this match has ever happened. I did half-wonder if it ever took place in GNP but a quick google search found an interview with Banks in June last year saying a singles match between the two has never happened and it's something he's looking forward too. So while they've faced each other in tags and multi-man matches, this is a first time ever singles match. I can't think of any reason why this match has taken so long to happen outside of the heel/heel dynamic that would have been in place in a lot of the promotions they both work. Banks doesn't really work outside the North West for whatever reason and it is a shame as he is an extremely talented mat-wrestler but until he's in the ring with a Jack Gallagher type, it doesn't really get highlighted. Travis has been the face of PCW for a while now and while I fully expect him to advance, I do think Banks will have a good enough showing against the former Champion.

Predicted Winner: Kris Travis

Martin Kirby vs Dean Allmark

Another first time ever singles match between these two. Outside of PCW and NGW they've never crossed paths, and they've only wrestled in multi-man affairs in previous encounters. Again another interview online with Allmark has him express a desire to wrestle Kirby and he finally gets it in a singles match on Friday. I really do think these two will work together very well as their styles compliment each other extremely well. Allmark always looks out of place with his clap-happy routine and Indyriffic gear, but as soon as he's in that ring the crowd loves him. Kirby is a big fan favourite in PCW and has shown he can work just as fast paced and high impact style as Allmark wrestles so I imagine this match could end up being the sprint of the night and a sleeper contender for MOTN if all goes to plan. I definitely would love to see Kirby advance however.

Predicted Winner: Martin Kirby

Brian Kendrick vs Kid Fite

While I'm excited to see Kendrick, on paper, this match does nothing for me. I was a big fan of Kendrick in his first WWE run and then looking into what he did in ROH before then, enjoyed him back in ROH in 05 and thought he still had it in his WWE return, especially when he became THE Brian Kendrick. But he's become really hit and miss over the past few years since he was let go by the WWE. In PWG he was hit and miss. In TNA his gimmick as well as wrestling style made him incredibly boring and uninteresting. But since leaving TNA he's lost a lot of buzz about him. This weekend his match against Johnny Gargano for the DG USA Open The Freedome Gate Title has been praised and rated as Kendrick's best match in a fair few years so there's hope that a motivated Kendrick will be in Preston this weekend. But then I can't really say I've seen that many Kid Fite singles matches that I've ever thought were anything above good, Fite always excels in a tag team but there was something lacking in singles. Hopefully when against a name like Kendrick he really goes all out.

Predicted Winner: Brian Kendrick

Cracking write up Mr Stag. Agree with many of your predictions.

It's likely that I shall be going to this now, so I'd better get myself in gear and get tickets sorted.

Are People up for meeting at Wellies on Friday? EVE is Sat Afternoon? I cant remember. What are people doing who arent going to that?

Are People up for meeting at Wellies on Friday? EVE is Sat Afternoon? I cant remember. What are people doing who arent going to that?

Yes will be at the Wellie usual time (6-ish), im getting food there no matter what this time! :)

Not doing the Eve show so will probably meet others inside Lava after doors open as ill be busy on Saturday afternoon until then.

Just in case anyone gets worried about me tomorrow night, I'm going to say now that I'm officially out of attending this weekend. My lifestyle has been getting the better of me recently, to the point that I had to take a day and a half off work this week just because of the damage I did to myself last weekend. I've now been drug, alcohol and cigarette free since Sunday, and it's just too early yet for me to fall back into what will only end up becoming another 48 hour journey of self mutilation. I'm hopefully going to stay off everything this weekend, get some

Archived