Preston City Wrestling - Road To Glory - Feb 1st & 2nd 2013

fludder99

• Paid Members
It is women's wrestling. I don't see your argument.

I worded that pretty badly I think. The point I was trying to make was that I don't understand the stigma, it's still wrestling after all, and the quality of a wrestler isn't determined by their gender.

Cruiserweight wrestling, hardcore wrestling, technical wrestling, women's wrestling, backyard wrestling. It all comes under the same banner, but there is a genre to each style. Like different style of film. If you dislike a certain style, I have no idea why you would be confused?

Bleah, I hope no one thinks I was attacking Richie specifically

I did and I have already reported you for it. It was an unfair attack, which I felt Richie didn't deserve.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cruiserweight wrestling, hardcore wrestling, technical wrestling, women's wrestling, backyard wrestling. It all comes under the same banner, but there is a genre to each style. Like different style of film. If you dislike a certain style, I have no idea why you would be confused?

But you can have female high flyers, and female backyarders, and female technicians, no? Not all women will have the same style.

I did and I have already reported you for it. It was an unfair attack, which I felt Richie didn't deserve.

Oh dear. Oh well, in case I end up suspended or what not, I apologise Richie.

• Moderators
It is women's wrestling. I don't see your argument.

I worded that pretty badly I think. The point I was trying to make was that I don't understand the stigma, it's still wrestling after all, and the quality of a wrestler isn't determined by their gender.

Bleah, I hope no one thinks I was attacking Richie specifically. Disliking "women's wrestling" as a whole is something I don't really understand.

As for the quality of Eve shows, I can't say as I've not been to one. If they're not great, it won't be because the performers are women.

The quality of the womens' wrestling is not, by definition and biological determination, worse than men. But the majority of it that people will have seen will have been worse.

And given that there are less women wrestlers than men wrestlers, even if the ratio of how many of them are shit is the same for both genders then there are less good women wrestlers out there. So if you try to fill a whole card with just womens' wrestling from a limited pool of talent it's more likely that the overall quality will be worse.

PISSED OFF MONSTER VS PERFECTION

AlphavShanna_zps9fbc3dc6.jpg

As previously noted, "Portugal's Perfect Athlete" Shanna also has a lot to answer for when it comes to Alpha Female losing the Pro-Wrestling:EVE Championship to Nikki Storm. The "Perfect Storm" partner to the self-proclaimed "World's Finest Wrestler" was a pawn in the plan of the future champion as Nikki Storm used Shanna's match against the only person Alpha has ever shown any kind of emotion towards in Janey Britannico. The duo used Britannico to set the Berlin Brawler up for a sneak attack from behind that saw Shanna and Nikki Storm give repeated chair shots to the grounded 6'1 Champion, injuring Alpha prior to her EVE Championship defence Storm.

FINAL MATCH AND FULL CARD NOW ANNOUNCED BELOW!

PRO-WRESTLING:EVE presents: NO MAN'S LAND II: SAKURA V STORM!

Saturday February 2nd

Lava-Ignite, Preston

2:30pm

Announced for the Pro-Wrestling:EVE "No Man's Land 2" event on Saturday February 2nd at 2:30pm as part of the huge TRIPLE HEADER with Preston City Wrestling's Road To Glory!

THE MAIN EVENT

PRO-WRESTLING:EVE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Pro-Wrestling:EVE Champion

Winner of the 2012 Joshi Match Of The Year Award

[Kimitsu, Chiba, Japan; 5W, 1L, 1D]

EMI SAKURA

emi1.jpg

vs

Former Pro-Wrestling:EVE Champion

Winner of the 2012 Pro-Wrestling:EVE Match Of The Year Award

[Glasgow, Scotland; 14W, 5L]

"World's Finest" NIKKI STORM

Nikkigold2_zpse3e25ae1.jpg

Nikki Storm is the James Moriarty of Pro-Wrestling:EVE. At the end of EVE's WrestleFever on iPPV, Nikki Storm stood on top of the world! Storm had gone into her EVE Championship match undefeated for 19 months and as the only person to have ever defeated the then reigning Champion Alpha Female in the previous two and a half years. Alpha Female went into the contest also as 19 months undefeated AND as Pro-Wrestling:EVE Champion having defeated Jenny Sjodin for the title earlier in the year. In addition to this, Alpha was also looking to avenge her one and only loss in Pro-Wrestling:EVE at the hands of Nikki Storm on April 9 2011 due to the outside interference of her then team mates in The European Empire and The Glamour Gym. This time all bets were on Alpha. Storm was no longer a part of any faction and Alpha's eyes were not distracted by other wars going on in the background. This time it would be one on one. How could Alpha lose? It was however a result that Alpha could not avenge at all.

Storm as always came into WrestleFever with a game plan and one that she put into action at the end of the contest between "Portugal's Perfect Athlete" Shanna and Janey Britannico - the only person on the EVE roster that Alpha has ever shown any compassion to. Following Janey's shock upset victory over "Portugal's Perfect Athlete" Shanna, "The Dynamite Queen" marched to ringside attacking the diminutive wannabe luchadora. Shanna would join in on this attack too, following orders from the self proclaimed "World's Finest Wrestler". Nikki Storm took the microphone and claimed that she was fed up of waiting and unless she received her EVE Championship match there and then she would cave in the skull of Janey Britannico and unmask her for everyone to see for themselves that Janey Britannico was simply the frail and nerdy Jane Beatrix Dunn underneath. With that the 6'1" German Powerhouse made her way to ringside only for Storm and Shanna to retreat with Storm claiming she'd changed her mind and would see her in the main event later in the night. As Storm appeared to make her way backstage no sooner had Alpha turned her back to aid her fallen friend had Storm dived into the ring at full speed attacking the Champion from behind. Storm quickly instructed Shanna to throw in a steel chair. It was with this that Storm began to leave a beat down on Alpha that would hinder her later on in the evening and no doubt influenced the outcome of the match as Nikki Storm once again defeated Alpha Female, this time for the Pro-Wrestling:EVE Championship.

At the top of Everest of European female wrestling stood Storm as the brand new Pro-Wrestling:EVE Champion. 19 months undefeated and with an unconscious Alpha Female underneath her feet, a feeling of being invincible appeared to engulf Storm who took the house microphone to brag about her triumph. The Glasgow native had already entered the contest as the only person to ever defeat Alpha Female, now she could say she had done it not just once, but twice! As she gloated her boasts became bigger by the vowel to the point where she claimed nobody in the locker room could beat her - even at that moment. Storm challenged anyone from the back to come out and give it a shot. First came Kirsty Love who was quickly met with a gold plated belt to the forehead sending her down. "The Baby Bulldog" April Davids quickly found herself victim to the same treatment. Storm's egocentric grin became bigger. Now a total of four EVE Professionals had found themselves victims to Nikki Storm in the space of less than 3 hours. At this point the reigning JWP Champion Emi Sakura entered the ring. Unlike April Davids and Kirsty Love before her, Sakura didn't make the mistake of immediately charging into the new EVE Champion. Sakura's 18 years of professional wrestling experience made her too wise to fall for this trap. Sakura stood in the opposite corner to Storm almost daring her to prove she was better of the two Champions. A seemingly besmirched expression now appeared to etch it's way upon Storms face who suddenly charged the JWP Champion with the heavy gold EVE title belt in hand, swinging and aiming for the head of Emi Sakura. Sakura ducked and quick as a flash delivered a thrust kick and tiger bomb to the self proclaimed "World's Finest Wrestler" and current Pro-Wrestling:EVE Champion. Sakura quickly ventured to the top rope executing her jaw dropping 450 splash as referee Chris Roberts counted to three and declared Emi Sakura the brand new Pro-Wrestling:EVE Champion! Storm's mouth had finally bitten off more than it could chew!

Storm would spend the next 2 months crying foul. Claiming there was no written contract and that the result should not stand, Storm lobbied hard for an immediate re-match for the EVE Championship, taking to twitter to make the world know of what she called the "Sudbury Screwjob". Though defiant in result claiming Storm made a public challenge and entered into a verbal contract with any wrestler who accepted, EVE Management agreed that a one on one contest between the former Champion Nikki Storm and current reigning Champion Emi Sakura should take place the earliest convenience and thus following Sakura's successful defence of the EVE Championship in Japan against Hiroyo Matsumoto, the match was signed to take place on February 2nd at Lava-Ignite in Preston as part of the huge triple header weekend with Pro-Wrestling:EVE joining forces with Preston City Wrestling.

It's a match between the 2012 Joshi Match Of The Year Winner and the 2012 EVE Match Of The Year Winner with the Pro-Wrestling:EVE Championship on the line!

Make sure you're in attendance on Saturday February 2nd to watch Emi Sakura defend the Pro-Wrestling:EVE Championship against Nikki Storm at Lava-Ignite, Preston. Tickets available now from www.EVEwrestling.com/EVENTS or as part of a group ticket when bought with PCW tickets via their website www.PrestonCityWrestling.co.uk

PISSED OFF MONSTER VS PERFECTION

AlphavShanna_zps9fbc3dc6.jpg

As noted above, "Portugal's Perfect Athlete" Shanna also has a lot to answer for when it comes to Alpha Female losing the Pro-Wrestling:EVE Championship to Nikki Storm. The "Perfect Storm" partner to the self-proclaimed "World's Finest Wrestler" was a pawn in the plan of the future champion as Nikki Storm used Shanna's match against the only person Alpha has ever shown any kind of emotion towards in Janey Britannico. The duo used Britannico to set the Berlin Brawler up for a sneak attack from behind that saw Shanna and Nikki Storm give repeated chair shots to the grounded 6'1 Champion, injuring Alpha prior to her EVE Championship defence Storm.

Following the conclusion of the evenings action, it was reported that "Portugal's Perfect Athlete" Shanna attacked Britannico backstage, injuring her physically and scarring her mentally to the point where we can make no guesses of when Janey Britannico will return to an EVE ring.

As if Alpha didn't have "just cause" for revenge already, Shanna has had a huge role to play in Alpha's "world" slowly falling apart in EVE, from losing her EVE Championship, to now losing the closest thing she's had to a friend.

Simply put Shanna's job in this match is to not die. A 6'1" professional predator is on the hunt and "Portugal's Perfect Athlete" is the prey. As it stands right now, Alpha has no team mates heading into War Games on February 23rd where as Nikki Storm will be joined by Shanna, Rhia O'Reilly and Ayesha Ray. Should Alpha get her way on February 2nd, as good as Shanna is there is perhaps no person on the planet able to contend with such a pissed off monster, and all bets on Shanna even turning up for for the subsequent War Games event in Sudbury on February 23rd will be off.

HARDCORE DAREDEVIL VS HARDCORE DAREDEVIL

KLRvBN_zps64e97fa4.jpg

When looking at the careers of Blue Nikita and Kay Lee Ray it's easy to draw parallels. Both become synonymous for their high flying, high risk style and in each of their time took "risk taking" to a whole new level with both earning the descriptive nickname of "Daredevil". Both Blue Nikita and Kay Lee Ray would then go on to wage wars in hardcore battles throughout the independent scene against their fellow promotion nemesis. For Blue Nikita it was Wesna Busic in ChickFight and German Stampede Wrestling in 2007 and 2008 while for Kay Lee Ray it was her battles with Carmel Jacob in Insane Championship Wrestling and Preston City Wrestling during 2012.

While Blue Nikita can lay claim to being the original Hardcore Daredevil it can also be said that the modern day Hardcore Daredevil is Kay Lee Ray and that perhaps after her recent trip and success in Japan, Kay Lee Ray has surpassed her named rival.

On February 2nd the duo will clash for the first time in what has to be thought of as one of the most eagerly anticipated match-ups in European women's wrestling today.

Quarter-Final of the Pro-Wrestling:EVE Tag Team Championship Tournament

Ama-ReillyvSheX_zps47a071b4.jpg

"Amazon" Ayesha Ray and "Fightin' Irish" Rhia O'Reilly have been in the ring with She-X before. The team last clashed (albeit briefly) with the She-X duo comprising Viper & Bete Noire at the WrestleFever iPPV last November in a triple threat match that also included The Owens Twins. It seemed at that time however that as O'Reilly and Ray had already guaranteed themselves a spot in the EVE Tag Team Championship Tournament they felt this match wasn't something they needed to deal with, and just as "Amazon" Ayesha Ray and Viper were about to come to blows in the middle of the ring O'Reilly decided to pull her tag team partner out and for the duo leave.

This time should should Ama-Reilly look to stay in the Pro-Wrestling:EVE Tag Team Championship Tournament they'll need to stay in the ring with Noire & Viper, a team who made an impressive debut at the end of year with a big win over Kaori Yoneyama and April Davids following on from the triple threat match.

Can Ama-Reilly do as they claim and get the win over She-X when it counts? Or will the best friend tandem stay undefeated as they move to the semi-finals of the EVE Tag Team Championship Tournament?

GlamoursvsAprilamp_zps0d36d00e.jpg

The Glamour Gym have been going for almost three years in Pro-Wrestling:EVE and with wins over teams such as The Blossom Twins and Angelina Love & Erin Angel, Carmel Jacob & Sara-Marie Taylor are probably regarded as the favourites to win the whole tournament. However, April Davids claims to have a tag team partner ready to go at No Man's Land 2 and with a history of tag team matches in EVE as well in addition to main eventing the first EVE vs Ice Ribbon event in 2011 against her first tag team partner and fellow "Northern Shooter" Jenny Sjodin, "The Baby Bulldog" has proven her worth in the Pro-Wrestling:EVE rings. On February 2nd we'll find out who her tag team partner is, if it's someone from her past or a brand new allegiance. All we know is Davids has promised she'll be there and that her team will march on to victory in the EVE Tag Team Championship Tournament!

OwensvsLP_zps9394d3b6.jpg

The EVE Tag Team Championship Tournament has attracted a lot of attention. From TNA's British Bootcamp series we've seen The Blossom Twins and from Gatoh Move we saw Kaori Yoneyama come to the UK to team with April Davids. Now we're seeing the return of an individual not seen on a full EVE show since April 9 2011 as Pollyanna heads back to Pro-Wrestling:EVE - albeit with a slightly different look and manor about her. Last time we saw Pollyanna at a full EVE show she was claiming to be of a blue blooded origin, now she's just....a bit bonkers :-s. And when you realise that her tag team partner is Kirsty Love who is as bonkers as she is talented, especially when you consider how new to the business she is and how far she took 13 year pro Blue Nikita at WrestleFever, all of a sudden you start to realise that this is going to be one tough unorthodox tag team with shenanigans aplenty for any two individuals to attempt to overcome.

Despite only debuting for EVE in July (as part of the first ever Female Twins v Female Twins match in professional wrestling history at EVE "Special Edition 1") The Owens Twins have made quite the impression on the EVE audience as demonstrated in the EVE Year End Fan Awards. Though they're 0-2 in Win Loss Records (against The Blossom Twins and She-X) it should be noted that until working for Pro-Wrestling:EVE the twins had never teamed together before - not that you would know that from watching them. Indeed the fact that Kacey and Leah are twin sisters has meant that a natural tag team chemistry was found instantly, something that takes many other people months and even years to find. Now the Irish sisters have their first few matches under their belt it's only a matter of time before they find themselves with their hands raised and once the twins do this, who knows if anyone will be able to beat them in the tag team ranks?

On February 2nd at No Man's Land 2 at Lava-Ignite in Preston, one of these teams will march on to the semi-finals of the Pro-Wrestling:EVE Tag Team Championships!

3 MINUTE WARNING MATCH!

3minutewarning_zps8a3cc75c.jpg

It's the BIGGEST 3 Minute Warning match yet with the biggest opportunity going to the victor when 15 EVE Professionals fall into battle with the winner receiving a Pro-Wrestling:EVE Championship match at any date, place, time or even moment of their choosing!

All this and much more at Pro-Wrestling:EVE "No Man's Land 2" at Lava-Ignite, Preston! Just 3 front row tickets remain!

EVE "No Man's Land 2" is part of the huge TRIPLE HEADER WEEKEND with Preston City Wrestling featuring Super Crazy, Brian Kendrick and Paul London!

Package discount tickets to all three shows are available at the Preston City Wrestling facebook page or you can buy tickets for just the EVE show at http://www.EVEwrestling.com/EVENTS

To maximise your EVE experience make sure you attend ALL THREE events as Pro-Wrestling:EVE will be supplying a guest EVE match to BOTH PCW shows!

Tickets to the EVE show only are:

EVE CHAMPIONSHIP ANNOUNCEMENT!

EmiEVEChamp.jpg

evefeb2012_117_zpsc545d200.jpg

We're pleased to announce that we are going to bring PCW - Preston City Wrestling fans a taste of Pro-Wrestling:EVE action the night before No Man's Land 2!

18 days ago we announced that Carmel Jacob of The Glamour Gym was to be awarded an EVE Championship match for coming top in the EVE Fan Awards for Most Underrated Wrestler. This match would give Carmel the opportunity to 'break out' in a big way on a big scale in a match that could garner Carmel press worldwide.

Therefore, on Friday February 1st Carmel Jacob will get to challenge Emi Sakura for the Pro-Wrestling:EVE Championship at Lava-Ignite as part of PCW's Road To Glory Night 1 event!

Obviously, this match may end up having a huge impact on Saturday's No Man's Land 2 event, therefore we have set the following actions in place.

All announced matches for No Man's Land 2 WILL take place regardless of the result of the EVE Championship match between defending Champion Emi Sakura and Challenger Carmel Jacob on February 1st. The Glamour Gym will still compete against April Davids & her partner in a Quarter-Final Match of the EVE Tag Team Championship Tournament and Emi Sakura will still face Nikki Storm.

However, should Carmel win the EVE Championship there WILL still be a Pro-Wrestling:EVE Championship match at No Man's Land 2 as the winner of the Emi Sakura vs Nikki Storm match will get a shot at Carmel Jacob later in the evening.

We hope EVE fans will be able to join us on Friday night to witness this match as we give some of PCW's crowd their first taste of EVE action and perhaps witness the second EVE Champion to be crowned in Lancashire!

Tickets to EVE No Man's Land 2 are available from www.EVEwrestling.com/EVENTS and group tickets with a discount are available for both PCW events and the EVE No Man's Land 2 event at the PCW facebook link

to see the aftermath of the Alpha Female - Nikki Storm EVE Championship match from the WrestleFever iPPV and what lead to the Emi Sakura vs Nikki Storm match at No Man's Land 2 in Preston next weekend! Is this a sneak peak of what to expect on Feb 2nd at Lava-Ignite?

Started writing something but I'm about to go watch MaMa with my fiancee, so Bracket B will follow, potentially later in the night or tomorrow. Then hopefully EVE predictions as well as Night 2.

It's insane the first night of the weekender is only five days away as it really does feel like only a few days ago I was in Preston for the January show. But all credit to PCW they've really advertised this show well, got a few names to catch attention with Super Crazy, Brian Kendrick and Paul London and it's been a long while since I've seen a 16 man (well, person) tournament so the weekender makes sense and is needed for continuity purposes rather than just for the sake of it. I'm also looking forward to the EVE afternoon show as they've really stacked that up and I'm a fan of women's wrestling and the lasses in Europe really are of a higher quality than they were a few years ago. So working down the A brackets first:

El Ligero vs Super Crazy

I'll be honest I first got tickets to this weekend while it was still Ligero/Tozawa II on the first night. Their previous match was a very worthy winner of FSM's UK MOTY 2012 and looks likely to win the UKFF's vote too. So I am disappointed there will be no rematch right now, but what a match we've got as a replacement! The Tozawa match showed that Ligero can hang with the best in the world and he did it in Tozawa's own Dragon Gate's Lucharesu (Puroresu/Lucha Libre hybrid) style and then against El Generico a few months later in the CanAmLucha hybrid style of Generico's, but this is to my knowledge the first time the Los Sanchos native will be wrestling a real authentic Luchadore in England. This is also only Super Crazy's second UK Indy appearance after losing to Johnny Storm for the FWA almost 10 years ago in June 2003 so he's not going to want to return to England just to lose. Crazy will celebrate 25 years as an active wrestler on the 4th of Feb and has wrestled all around the world starting with UWA and AAA in Mexico before getting noticed in America with ECW after which he spent a few years in the American Indy's and also wrestled in Japan for both NJPW and Zero One. He spent three years signed with the WWE before returning back to AAA and the American Indy's, a brief run in AJPW before becoming a full time gaijin wrestler with Pro Wrestling NOAH where he is one half of the GHC Jnr Heavyweight Champions with Ricky Marvin. So in his 25 years he has seen it all with a list of accomplishments. While his style will always come back to the Lucha he grew up with in Mexico he's spent enough time traveling the world to be well accustomed with the American and Japanese styles. So you could call Ligero an underdog in this match. He's a mainstay in PCW but his singles win/loss record reads three wins to six losses. But that also includes three/four/six way matches in which he wasn't involved in the deciding pinfall or submission and two of his victories were against Akira Tozawa and Zack Sabre Jnr, arguably two of the best wrestlers in the world right now. I'm not expecting a sprint between these two. I think both will be cautious and slow to start with as they weigh each other up before the pace quickens, bodies start flying and bombs start getting dropped. I am thinking Ligero gets the upset win. I say upset because while I'm sure others are expecting it, Crazy could conceivably advance and it won't hurt Ligero's reputation in the slightest.

Predicted Winner: El Ligero

Bubblegum vs April Davids

The reason why I wrote 16 person tournament as April Davids is the only woman to feature in this tournament. PCW hasn't shied away from inter-gender matches in the past with Kay Lee Ray losing to CJ Banks and Carmel Jacobs defeating Mad Man Manson. So the result isn't a foregone conclusion. Bubblegum was one of the best junior heavyweight wrestlers in England at one time before his temporary retirement, but when he retired with the new attitude he hasn't quite been the same. Of course this can be attributed to nagging injuries, the most major of which is his knee in which he is awaiting major surgery which may spell the end of his wrestling days. April Davids is for my money right now the best female wrestler in England and while she may have only featured in PCW previously the once in a losing effort to Kay Lee Ray, true talent cannot be denied and her inclusion in this tournament was a welcome surprise. Ordinarily I would pick Bubblegum to advance but with his knee injury and loss the other week to Sean Maxer, he is losing steam. And April Davids key submission is an ankle lock/knee bar combo so that would pin-point target 'Gum's obvious weakness. I'd like to see Davids advance as she's a great wrestler and a potential match up against Ligero intrigues me. But then what could also potentially be one last match between Bubblegum and Ligero also wouldn't go amiss. I'm gonna go with Davids tho however.

Predicted Winner: April Davids

Dave Mastiff vs Mad Man Manson

I've seen this match twice before, once for 1PW and once for SWE, both matches standing as some of Manson's best comedy work with Big, Bad Dave trying to play it as straight as he can. Mastiff won the former but Manson the latter. Both are equally beloved by the Preston audience and I'm sure this match will go down a treat, but Mastiff has to have this in the bag surely?

Predicted Winner: Dave Mastiff

Joey Hayes vs Paul London

I'm really looking forward to this match. This might be Hayes biggest match of his career as while I can recall him facing Adam Cole in 2011, he's never been a first choice to be given the big time imports singles matches and I do believe London will be the first former WWE wrestler he'll have ever faced. Paul London also made his UK debut in 2003 as part of the ROH vs FWA show and was last seen on these shores for IPW:UK in December 2010 with El Generico. London is as quirky and unique as his personality suggests as when he's on form he's one of the best babyfaces in the world with his selling and fast paced, high-flying wrestling style that got him noticed and signed by the WWE in the first place. But when his heads not in it he can look lazy, bored, and sometimes he doesn't even show up to begin with as how his PWG run came to an end. But as of recent months London appears to be getting back into the game with a recent tour of Pro Wrestling NOAH and also PWG recently announcing that he's due to return in March. I do hope a motivated London turns up as he showed for IPW:UK that when he's willing to bust his ass, he can still be an amazing wrestler. And this will be the match to fully show Hayes as the heel he's supposed to be right now as I still think London as a former WWE superstar and with his goofy charisma will capture the crowd. This will also be a very big win for Hayes, the biggest of his career, and potentially help propel his momentum further up the tournament.

Predicted Winner: Joey Hayes

Archived