CITV Goes Old School

RIDDUM_N_STYLE

Was Woof! about a lad who occasionally turned into a dog against his own will? I remember a big part of the show being that he'd be naked when he turned back into a human, and would have to find ways of getting home without being seen bollock-o. Weird idea for a programme.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Was Woof! about a lad who occasionally turned into a dog against his own will? I remember a big part of the show being that he'd be naked when he turned back into a human, and would have to find ways of getting home without being seen bollock-o. Weird idea for a programme.

That was it. Brilliant show.

Where the heck is Bernards Watch!?

Bernard had a watch that could freeze time. So he'd go out, wish he could go peep in the ladies shower, freeze time, have a cheeky peak, and then go home and unfreeze time.

At least that is what I would do.

True story; at University my girlfriend knew this guy on her course (met him once myself) who claims to be one of the child actors in Woof! This guy used this claim to pull women, and it worked.

I mean... how sad a claim to fame is that? "I shagged a guy who was the child actor from Woof!" Yet my claim to fame that I refereed a Eddie Guerrerro match got me zero puntang. The world is not fair.

• Paid Members

I bet they're doing this because they've lost the rights to some films they normally show around that date. Namely the James Bond ones. Is CITV even still going these days?

However, I always appreciate a "Super Gran" showing. Mental show.

• Awards Moderator
I'm sure there was a show in the 90s on CITV that was set in a swamp or sewer and all characters (animals I think) were puppets, any idea what it was or if it was even real?

I remember it couldn't tell you the name, which is going to bug me now.

Edit : it was Round the Bend. God bless google.

Are you sure? That sounds like 'The Adventures of Grady Greenspace' to me. Scariest TV programme I've ever seen. Don't think I've met anyone else who remembers it for ages, but it was absolutely fucking terrifying.

Yeah, I don't think it was Round the Bend, it could be The Adventures of Grady Greenspace, I can remember it being quite strange and dark as a child, just trying to thing the theme/intro to see if I can remember.

Strange and dark sounds about right. It freaked me out completely as a child, yet I still watched.

Grady was a weird rodenty thing who was a detective. He lived at the bottom of a tower inhabited by a council of incredibly scary owls, and he had some friends who helped him out - they used a combination of live animals and puppets, and you'd never know when they'd switch from one to the other which made it constantly disturbing. The baddies lived in a kind of dump, and they were ferrets I think, they were led by a weird gypsy ferret lady who lived in a washing machine.

This is all I remember, but I never want to see it again because I don't want to remember any more.

Archived