Great matches under 10 minutes.

Divorced Dad

Bulldog v Warlord (WM7)

Oh God, yes. I have had arguments about this match with some stereotypes who described it as "two roid monsters running into each other" and had an argument that consisted of little more than saying "Warlord was shit" over and over again. It's simple storytelling, but it's GREAT storytelling. Bulldog breaking the full nelson and the look of shock on his face, Bulldog picking him up, and the THUNDEROUS delivery of the powerslam are three awesome mark out moments.

Mania VII is a fucking brilliant feel good PPV between that match, Jake getting revenge, Tornado winning, Warrior winning and the legendary aftermath, Hogan winning..... even The Rockers won. I'm going to watch it right now.

It's great innit. It's my favourite Wrestlemania. Boss man and Andre fucking up the Heenan family too. And another great sub-10 minute match (well, sub 2 minute) in LOD vs Sour & Gory

EDIT: Aye, agree on Bulldog/Warlord. I loved all their matches but I think their Tuesday in Texas and MSG ones were a bit longer. Great story, great spots. what also made it so great for me was getting the payoff after the anticipation built up in the weeks leading up to the event - The interviews, the 'full nelson' challenge' on Superstars etc. Could the bulldog break the full nelson? could he get the Warlord up for the vertical suplex and Powerslam? And we got our answer in spectacular style. The Warlord took too much shit, to be fair. he was ok.

Also, Perfect/Blazer wasn't even the best sub-10 minute match on the show imo, far less one that i'd consider an all time favourite.

It's you that likes the Bushwhackers, isn't it???

C'mon now, I was obviously talking about Duggan/Bad News ;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That match is shit.

Yeah but Regal was shooting on him and teaching him respect for the biz and stuff so it's great. Except that wasn't what was happening at all, and Regal has refuted that nonsense enough times now that it's stupid for people to still even think it. It was just a match that fell apart. I'd never watched it until now. It really is crap.

That Big Show vs Lesnar match from Survivor Series '02, on the other hand, is fantastic. I was blown away by that when I first watched it, and enjoyed it way more than the Elimination Chamber or Rico getting upset with Jeff Hardy. I think the great unsung benefit of two world titles is that kind of match, the little cracker. Stuff like the Mark Henry work in this thread, or that WrestleMania 22 triple threat. It's clearly above Intercontinental level, but doesn't go the epic length of a WWE main event that makes those such a slog to rewatch.

That match is shit.

Yeah but Regal was shooting on him and teaching him respect for the biz and stuff so it's great. Except that wasn't what was happening at all, and Regal has refuted that nonsense enough times now that it's stupid for people to still even think it. It was just a match that fell apart. I'd never watched it until now. It really is crap.

That Big Show vs Lesnar match from Survivor Series '02, on the other hand, is fantastic. I was blown away by that when I first watched it, and enjoyed it way more than the Elimination Chamber or Rico getting upset with Jeff Hardy. I think the great unsung benefit of two world titles is that kind of match, the little cracker. Stuff like the Mark Henry work in this thread, or that WrestleMania 22 triple threat. It's clearly above Intercontinental level, but doesn't go the epic length of a WWE main event that makes those such a slog to rewatch.

The match is loads of fun but is spoiled by super Paul Heyman who knows the business better than anyone practically giving the finish away in the pre match interview saying something along the lines of "One way or another my client will leave MSG the world champion".

• Paid Members
Bulldog v Warlord (WM7)

Oh God, yes. I have had arguments about this match with some stereotypes who described it as "two roid monsters running into each other" and had an argument that consisted of little more than saying "Warlord was shit" over and over again. It's simple storytelling, but it's GREAT storytelling. Bulldog breaking the full nelson and the look of shock on his face, Bulldog picking him up, and the THUNDEROUS delivery of the powerslam are three awesome mark out moments.

Thirded. WrestleMania VII was the first WWF pay-per-view I got on VHS, and that match from the undercard always sticks in my head.

Also, Perfect/Blazer wasn't even the best sub-10 minute match on the show imo, far less one that i'd consider an all time favourite.

I enjoy Haku vs Hercules off that show far too much.

No such thing as too much that's a solid match and is one of my favourite Wrestlemania openers.

My contribution to this thread is The Dudleys v The Eliminators - opening match on Barely Legal. I love it

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x375q1_ec...t?search_algo=2

I know the time on the video in 12 minutes but the bell rings over two minutes into the video so I think it meets this threads criteria

(sorry that the video quality is a bit shit)

Bulldog v Warlord (WM7)

Thirded. WrestleMania VII was the first WWF pay-per-view I got on VHS, and that match from the undercard always sticks in my head.

If that's not an acceptable opening for me to post a link to my Arm Bar Critic Wrestlemania 7 comedy review show then damnit I don't know what is. I would go off on here about how much I equally love Wrestlemania 7 but why bother when you can click the link and see for yourselves......clicky-clicky!

Archived