Great matches under 10 minutes.

Divorced Dad

• Awards Moderator

Cracking! Me and my brother loved Noble and Nidia around that time.

"Mah Neeeedia!"

They were ace, weren't they? I loved the segments around the time they had the windfall; they hammed it up perfectly.

I've just realised I'm in on-topic. Can someone give me directions back home?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
You would think its impossible to have a match as good as the 123 Kid and Owen Hart match in the time they were given. The dropkick, the camera angle, the bump from the Kid and the lighting (where you cant see Owen Hart until the move connects) fills me with joy every time I see it. Excellent match. No smoke and mirrors or shortcuts either. Just great, fast paced wrestling where the fans are into it and the near falls actually mattered.

Yes, YES, yesyesyesyesyes. Add to the fact that the actual techniques they were using were completely state of the art. They were two of the best at the time, and sometimes Owen could make you think he was as good a wrestler as his brother, and I know people who think he was better.

Mr Perfect vs Tito Santana, SNME - one of the first matches that really rocked my world.

1-2-3 Kid vs Hakushi, SummerSlam 95 - here's some of that good Waltman sheeeet as wand mentioned. I have it clocked bell-to-bell at 9:30.

- I thought these two meshed really well here and the finishing sequence is class.

- I enjoyed the dynamic between these two at SummerSlam and again here. A combination of Goldberg selling a recent cucking and Shawn's combination bumpathon/superman makes for a good seven minutes before Raw main event non finish featuring Big Dave. Might just be me, that one.

Brock Lesnar Vs Big Show - Survivor Series 2002. I'm sure this is around the 8 minute mark and was put during the first half of the show. I was amazed at the time seeing Lesnar do such moves and didn't see the turn from Heyman coming. Also MSG crowd were great, awesome tron and generally one of my favourite pay per views

I was going to say this one. Fantastic stuff.

I've got a lot of time for the Cena/Big show opener from WMXX. Great little match, hot crowd.

Goldberg VS Shawn Michaels, Raw - I enjoyed the dynamic between these two at SummerSlam and again here. A combination of Goldberg selling a recent cucking and Shawn's combination bumpathon/superman makes for a good seven minutes before Raw main event non finish featuring Big Dave. Might just be me, that one.

I always enjoyed this match aswell. HBK was the perfect opponent for Goldberg as he is perfect at selling all the power moves. Shame they never had a longer PPv match.

• Paid Members

The king of short matches, Owen Hart.

Here is the much discussed match with Perfect from Mania V. Just a great display of the high flyer giving the star in the making a real scare. Great technique all round really.

There isn't a decent version that I could find. In two parts, which is annoying :

Part 1 - skip to 7:25 unless you like The Bushwhackers

Part 2

In one part but poorer quality HERE

They also had a belting match at the Meadowlands where Blazer drops Perfect on his bounce by not rotating enough on a powerslam, then he gets overconfident and falls prey to a Stun Gun and then a smooth-as-silk Perfect-Plex, but it's marginally longer than ten minutes (about 12).

- shit hot rematch from Raw that goes (just) ten minutes. Anyone who has seen the UK Fan Favourites 95 tape will have seen this, but the rest of you deserve to as well. Belter.

Blue Blazer VS Taka Michinoku - from Shotgun in 1998. Yes, they get a lot of stuff in, but really this is just a great example of Owen the entertainer. Repeated WHOOOO!s and some quality cape-related capers. Might be personal preference, but I love this one.

A few of my sub-10 minute faves off the top of my head (and checked on wiki). All PPVs as TV match times are more difficult to find and are harder to remember anyway. Might add to these once my head starts working as they're just the tip of the iceberg.

Jake v Savage (This Tuesday in Texas)

Bulldog v Warlord (WM7)

Boss Man v Mountie (Summerslam 91)

Ultimate Warrior v HHH (WM12)

Bret v Yokozuna (WM9) - shite ending aside

Demolition v Colossal Connection (WM6)

Steiners v Heavenly Bodies (Summerslam 93)

Sting v Muta (GAB 89)

Pillman v Windham (Superbrawl 1)

Strangely enough, i'm really not all that into the 2 most prominent shouts - Perfect/Blazer and Owen/Kid. I remember liking the KOTR match at the time, but not so much when i watched it again recently. I much preferred the pre-Summerslam 94 RAW match listed above. Also, Perfect/Blazer wasn't even the best sub-10 minute match on the show imo, far less one that i'd consider an all time favourite.

• Paid Members
Bulldog v Warlord (WM7)

Oh God, yes. I have had arguments about this match with some stereotypes who described it as "two roid monsters running into each other" and had an argument that consisted of little more than saying "Warlord was shit" over and over again. It's simple storytelling, but it's GREAT storytelling. Bulldog breaking the full nelson and the look of shock on his face, Bulldog picking him up, and the THUNDEROUS delivery of the powerslam are three awesome mark out moments.

Mania VII is a fucking brilliant feel good PPV between that match, Jake getting revenge, Tornado winning, Warrior winning and the legendary aftermath, Hogan winning..... even The Rockers won. I'm going to watch it right now.

Also, Perfect/Blazer wasn't even the best sub-10 minute match on the show imo, far less one that i'd consider an all time favourite.

It's you that likes the Bushwhackers, isn't it???

Archived