Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Jericho's new podcast with Howard Jones (singer of Devil You Know, formerly Killswitch Engage) is a great listen, it's mainly music but it goes into some WWE music stuff towards the end as Howard worked with the music department. Good stuff.

This week WOOOOO Nation features Flair interviewing Sting. Could be some good stories in that one

I listened to my first two (well, one and a bit) episodes of Flair's podcast the other day.  The first one was the Hulk Hogan one out of total curiosity.  Hogan was on the phone for the interview which I absolutely hate, but I understand it's not always possible for the guest to be there live, but even Flair, the fucking host, was on the phone!  It was horrendous, and Flair is difficult to understand at the best of times.

The second was the one with Austin from just before Summerslam.  This time they were both there live which was nice, but Austin couldn't get a word in for the life of him.  It was as if Flair was the guest and Austin the host.  I don't think I'll bother with it again unless one gets a rave review.

Just a quick note, if anybody wants to drop us a line for the SCG Radio Xmas show (recording tomorrow night) with any comments, questions or your Year End Awards, email them to us at scgradio@hotmail.com, or drop them on the facebook page. Didn't want to start a thread just for that show, but wanted to give everyone a fair crack at being involved if you so desire.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members

Just a quick note, if anybody wants to drop us a line for the SCG Radio Xmas show (recording tomorrow night) with any comments, questions or your Year End Awards, email them to us at scgradio@hotmail.com, or drop them on the facebook page. Didn't want to start a thread just for that show, but wanted to give everyone a fair crack at being involved if you so desire.

Question, what is the scummiest thing to ever happen in the wrestling business. List your 'faves'.

• Paid Members

More MLW radio drama. That Alice girl has gone from Cornette's show. In fact the wonderful people at MLW have drove her off the internet all together. If you get involved with 13 year olds in 50 year old men bodies like Cornette and Konnan, you're going to end up losing your hair eventually, and she had enough of Corny's racist rants against muslims (he was apparently horrendous on last weeks show) and Konnan who hated her and wanted her gone. Never liked her, so I cant say I'm bothered, but it says something about where Cornette and Konnan are these days that podcast drama with some lass nobody has ever heard of takes time out of their day.

• Paid Members

More MLW radio drama. That Alice girl has gone from Cornette's show. In fact the wonderful people at MLW have drove her off the internet all together. If you get involved with 13 year olds in 50 year old men bodies like Cornette and Konnan, you're going to end up losing your hair eventually, and she had enough of Corny's racist rants against muslims (he was apparently horrendous on last weeks show) and Konnan who hated her and wanted her gone. Never liked her, so I cant say I'm bothered, but it says something about where Cornette and Konnan are these days that podcast drama with some lass nobody has ever heard of takes time out of their day.

As much as Alice Radley irritated me, I always agreed with her when she argued with Cornette - he's a bit of a bigot. I can understand her reasons for leaving - for the last 5 or 6 weeks or so, Cornette has had a weekly segment where he rants about politics & republicans. Whilst I agree with his views on gun laws, the republican hillbillies in Kentucky, and religion as a whole - he crossed the line a few times with rants against Muslims & was also defending the confederate flag, which is literally a symbol of racism.

Anyway - kinda feel sorry for her. She seems to be gone off Twitter. Was there anything specific said why she left? Was she bullied off Twitter or something?

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

You can listen to her quitting here. Its only 6 minutes.

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/9/4/6/946a7a9d4b556747/IAmOut.mp3?c_id=10509243&expiration=1450362632&hwt=80f98ca52fda7c7ec9a12a9636c05ff2

Basically, it was a mix between fans hating her to the point of asking her to kill herself and people not listening to her non-wrestling show. I sort of feel sorry for her because she got a load of abuse on twitter and dealing with Cornette and Konnan is a nightmare I cant imagine wanting to live through, but at the same time you cant force people to listen to your other podcast. Like them or not, people are listening for Konnan and Cornette. She was just there to press record, because Cornette doesnt know how to.

• Paid Members

What stuff has Cornette been saying about Muslims?

Its about 30min in, of last weeks episode. http://mlwradio.com/jim-cornette-experience-106/

Cornette is surprisingly liberal for a southern boy, but he's a big Bill Maher fan who gets real close to the bigot line when it comes to Islam, I think Cornette was largely repeating that stuff. I only heard the particular episode a few days ago and I was squirming and expected him to get some shit for it. Although he did a weird one about depression six months ago and that blew over quickly.

Essentially a muslim lad writes a long letter in and says not to tar all Muslims with the same brush and Americans should look in the mirror when it comes to terrorist acts and killing innocent people etc, They're number 1 at that. Cornette cuts a promo at him, with poor Alice squirming throughout. Further generalising  all Muslims as dirty clothed, guns shooting in the air, chucking gay people of roofs psychopaths. (I dont think he knows they're a quarter of the worlds population?)

Anyway Cornette is half mad and loves a good argument so maybe he was half joking, but I cant blame Alice for not wanting to be associated it. Shame.

Edit - Holy shit, thats pretty awesome. Not only does she talk about what Ian mentions above but she also reveals that she hasnt liked wrestling for a long time. Cornette ranting about wrestling news and interviewing old wrestlers and the poor cow has no interest (and doesnt get paid!) Must have been shite for her.

Best part at 2.16

"Also is there any fucking possiblity that any of you could talk about anything that isnt wrestling for like five minutes of your god damned lives?...I go on twitter, non stop wrestling. Its like you have nothing going on in your lives beyond wrestling...Its not even that great."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by Rob Lowe

• Paid Members

What stuff has Cornette been saying about Muslims?

Its about 30min in, of last weeks episode. http://mlwradio.com/jim-cornette-experience-106/

Cornette is surprisingly liberal for a southern boy, but he's a big Bill Maher fan who gets real close to the bigot line when it comes to Islam, I think Cornette was largely repeating that stuff. I only heard the particular episode a few days ago and I was squirming and expected him to get some shit for it. Although he did a weird one about depression six months ago and that blew over quickly.

Essentially a muslim lad writes a long letter in and says not to tar all Muslims with the same brush and Americans should look in the mirror when it comes to terrorist acts and killing innocent people etc, They're number 1 at that. Cornette cuts a promo at him, with poor Alice squirming throughout. Further generalising  all Muslims as dirty clothed, guns shooting in the air, chucking gay people of roofs psychopaths. (I dont think he knows they're a quarter of the worlds population?)

Anyway Cornette is half mad and loves a good argument so maybe he was half joking, but I cant blame Alice for not wanting to be associated it. Shame.

Wow - he's pretty fucking ignorant. Liberal for someone who lives in the South - but that's just setting the bar really low.

I personally hate all religions equally - but his generalisations are pure bigoted & ignorant.

You can listen to her quitting here. Its only 6 minutes.

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/9/4/6/946a7a9d4b556747/IAmOut.mp3?c_id=10509243&expiration=1450362632&hwt=80f98ca52fda7c7ec9a12a9636c05ff2

Basically, it was a mix between fans hating her to the point of asking her to kill herself and people not listening to her non-wrestling show. I sort of feel sorry for her because she got a load of abuse on twitter and dealing with Cornette and Konnan is a nightmare I cant imagine wanting to live through, but at the same time you cant force people to listen to your other podcast. Like them or not, people are listening for Konnan and Cornette. She was just there to press record, because Cornette doesnt know how to.

Got another link? That one's broken.

Edited by herbie747